Secret Santa 2012 rules

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Secret Santa rules:
  • Sign ups for Secret Santa will begin November 1 and last through November 15. This is a two week window to sign up. (May be extended to November 22 depending on how many people sign up.)
  • After signing up please email me your personal information (name and address) so I can share that info with your Secret Santa on November 16. Your Secret Santa will be assigned to you on that date.

zadidoll @ makeuptalk . com

• Gifts must be sent out between December 1 and December 15. This gives members approximately a two week window to shop or place an order. (If deadline is extended this will also be extended several days. To be determined.)
  • Shipping priority is not mandatory but for most it may be the best option since it includes a tracking #. If you use Paypal to ship there are 1st class options that may be less expensive and will typically include free tracking.
  • A tracking # is not mandatory when mailing within the US to another US address however it is highly recommended for your own records. If shipping from the post office and you ship 1st class I think it's an 80 cent add on. (It's part of Paypal's shipping option.) You don't have to give the gift recipient the tracking # as it's more for your own records.Note: International traders, tracking may or may be available.
  • Total gift value should be approximately $25.
  • Item(s) must be NEW and never used, swatched or opened.
  • Open to international traders HOWEVER note that gift receiver is responsible for any import fees, duties or taxes (if any). Also international shipping takes longer - up to 12 weeks depending on where the person lives and how it was mailed.Note: If you would like to trade only within your country please state that.
  • Once you sign up please do not back out as it will cause problems with the assignment list.

General rules:
  • Members who participate must have a minimum of 50 posts.
  • Must be a member of MUT for at least one month (since October 1, 2012).
  • Members must be in good standing with no serious infractions and/or no negative trade ratings.

Added one piece of information to the rules - send me your personal information (name and address) so I can send it to your Secret Santa on November 16.

I was just coming back to see when the sign up dates are. I think it would be cool to have our partners name and wishlist by Black Friday.

So many companies are having awesome sale for Black Friday and our partners will get more bang for our buck that way!

It sounds like we are getting our partners name tomorrow? Or do you think the deadline will be extended? Just curious.

No, I won't close it until around midnight Pacific. So if there are any last minute signs up better do it fast! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In addition to getting our name tomorrow Sephora is announcing their black friday specials tomorrow!  Yaaaay!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, I won't close it until around midnight Pacific. So if there are any last minute signs up better do it fast! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yay TY!

i emailed you with my address, but I just realized I totally forgot to put my username on here in that email.

We have 42 people signed up for a total of 21 pairings. We're good to go for tomorrow. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
yay.gif
 Excited! Thanks Zadi!

We have 42 people signed up for a total of 21 pairings. We're good to go for tomorrow. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So we are in pairs? I though a chain(A gifts to B and B gifts to C) would be more fun because

1. we don't know who are our santas  until package arrives.   

2. everyone gets to know at least two members: one is santa, one is gift receiver or even more...

That's is a little like circular swap. I guess a circle of 42 members would be too tough to manage.

Sort of like that. I'm taking the list of ladies and I'm going to randomize it first by the ladies who don't mind sending to other countries because we have one lady from Isreal and one in Canada then the rest who chose only to ship within the US.

Yes! That's the fun part - the reveal! So please let your person know that it's from you and make sure to include your USERNAME because we really don't know each other by our real first names. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm done shopping already! So fun to shop for a girl - I only have boys to buy for.

Latest posts

Back