SugarBash Bag WTF??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did anyone else get this obnoxious email?

Hi SugarBash Member,

Thanks for your continuing interest in SugarBash and here's what's going on.

Yes, your BashBAG is coming...

We have signed up some exciting Brand Partners and your first BashBAG is scheduled to be on your door step in January. Each month you'll receive samples from leading suppliers of products ranging from health & beauty, to pet supplies, to the latest home gadgets guaranteed to make your life easier... and more fun, too! In the coming weeks you will be able to register on our new portal page.

SugarBash Social Media Web Site;

Look for the website to be operational in early spring. The launch will give you the opportunity to start connecting with your girlfriends, raving & craving products and simply keeping your busy life as well as your fun activities coordinated in one secure and entertaining on-line community.

Tell Your Friends! You can start spreading the word about SugarBash, and the new BashBAGS.

Sincerely,

The SugarBash Team

I didn't join this! Anyone else?

I didn't - which is why I thought it was obnoxious.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe it's me, but I think I prefer my subs to be niche specific. That's a wide open variety, regarding items to receive, too much for me.

I really liked Cravebox for the randomness of their boxes. In the beginning they were AWESOME but I just canceled it because they haven't impressed me lately.

This does seem like a really random assortment though. To say pet supplies (what if you don't have a pet), is like sending out things for expectant mothers or men in their 40s. Too specific IMO.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe it's me, but I think I prefer my subs to be niche specific. That's a wide open variety, regarding items to receive, too much for me.

I think I signed up for this. Was this another free site? Like Sircle Samples? I don't remember what I sign up for apparently lol
rolleyes.gif
I do know I didn't give them any billing info

I really liked Cravebox for the randomness of their boxes. In the beginning they were AWESOME but I just canceled it because they haven't impressed me lately. This does seem like a really random assortment though. To say pet supplies (what if you don't have a pet), is like sending out things for expectant mothers or men in their 40s. Too specific IMO.
Definitely this! I'm not keen on the name, either. Bash brings to mind fighting and putting something or someone down... Although, i know it also means party and fests..or maybe they did mean bash like a punch..Sugar Punch? How about overload lol..? Too many product categories, which I equate to higher chances of being disappointed in what might be selected.

Am I the only one tired of so many subscription services? LOL It's an overload now. lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one tired of so many subscription services? LOL It's an overload now. lol
I agree!  I thought it was funny Allure (which is affiliated with Sample Society) has an article in there about sample subscriptions and lists several of the "major" or in my thoughts "legit>"

I guess I should pull my Allure out of the trash and read it!

I am with Zadi. Not long, back when this group had like 200 members, we all would be RUSHING to this. Now I just find it obnoxious
marchmellow.gif

It's on page 128!  Features BB, SS, GB, Ipsy, BA, Total beauty collection(?), beauty fix and beauty box 5.  It has reason to join, cost, customization, recent box contents and highlight.  Plus "tips" about sub services.  I think it's nice to have it all in one place but could be bad (more people flocking to already overburdened subs) or great because they will be competing to get better samples?  Or it may have no effect.  

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I should pull my Allure out of the trash and read it!

I am with Zadi. Not long, back when this group had like 200 members, we all would be RUSHING to this. Now I just find it obnoxious
marchmellow.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope! Its a huge part of why I pared down mine to just the ones I really really like, and even those are probably going to go soon. I love getting stuff in the mail, but quite honestly most of the bags are not THAT amazing, and I think I wore out the whole fun of getting them in the mail because I went nuts with them all this year.

I don't bother with the majority of boxes. I started with birchbox and added myglam and sample society. I'm good.

Also cut mine down! After seeing the totals on the one page and seeing how many samples I've accrued versus real items I love, I realized I need to limit my boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This month cancelled everything, bought a sephora set, and cut down to Must-Have, finishing BB, and GB (which may also go). Much better than the 10 I used to have :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ACK!

I got this e-mail too and was confused by it.  I hadn't ever heard of it until I saw the e-mail and can't imagine I would have signed up.  Oh well, at least it is easy to ignore an e-mail as long as they don't get too spammy about it.  I just wonder where they got may e-mail address.

I think BB got SO overburdened. Luckily, most people won't want to shell out more than $10.

Beauty Box 5 was on there?

I have to admit I am happy most people don't use my secret favorite one- Discover with Marta. I have LOVED everything that one sends and my skin looks great!
scared2.gif
(i am in the mood for pointless emoticons today!)

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's on page 128!  Features BB, SS, GB, Ipsy, BA, Total beauty collection(?), beauty fix and beauty box 5.  It has reason to join, cost, customization, recent box contents and highlight.  Plus "tips" about sub services.  I think it's nice to have it all in one place but could be bad (more people flocking to already overburdened subs) or great because they will be competing to get better samples?  Or it may have no effect.  

SugarBash email i received today. Click the photo to see the contents of the box for SPRING:

You are not alone in subscription fatigue!  I am really evaluating after I receive BB & Ipsy if I am continuing.  Haven't been thrilled with either one lately.  

Back