Sign in to follow this  
lovelywhim

Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if there are two companies with the same name. The KMart brand looks to be simply Starlet while the one working with Ipsy is Starlet Cosmetics.

Sorry for the mistake before. I'm pretty sure they are different brands because:

This is the review of that Australia brand http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=156539/Starlet_Eyeshadow_Quad_Smokey_Eyes_Brown/0/Eye_Shadow

and there's no such product on starletcosmetics.com 

BUUUT, there's no similar eyeliner (pink patterns on white pencil) on that website either! 

Maybe this is the third startlet??? Or a reborn of  the old starlet cosmetics as some girls said before?

We know that the old starlet cosmetics is owned by Auraline which produces cosmetics for different brands (sourse: http://www.trademarkia.com/starlet-cosmetics-77905917.html) and all of the starlet products have the same package as shown on Auraline's website. 

Now the "new" startlet eye pencil still have the same look as this http://www.auralinebeauty.com/private-label-cosmetics-products/private-label-cosmetics-eyes/eyeliner/51004-eye-liner-pencil-green-bronze-white-pencil.html except for some added patterns.

So, my conclusion is: the eye pencil we receive IS from a "new" company, but that company has nothing new from its mother... 

Super excited for this box.  The only things I'm slightly meh on are the mascara and eyebrow gel, but they'll still be nice to try.  Can't wait!

I can't wait to get this bag! I'm so excited about everything in it and the actual bag itself!  Fingers crossed that I get the brow gel but I'll be happy with the mascara too, LOL! Come to me my precious Ipsy Bag!!! luv.gif

I think this bag looks great. I think ipsy has been doing quite well. Granted, I'm pretty easy to please regarding my subs, but still. It looks like there is a lot of room for color variety within these items if they've chosen to do so, which typically means the trade thread goes wild! I love it. I think this would be a great sub for ladies who are up to their ears in skincare from subs and really want makeup.

Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

I have two bags coming this month. If I get two mascaras I'll trade you if you get the eyebrow gel. :)

Sounds good to me!

I finally got my Split End Sealer Klout Perk. I am quite enthralled, as I really really loved the sample I got, and have gone through the entire sample. I get my hair colored pretty frequently, but sometimes I don't like to get it cut with the color because I am trying so hard to grow it out. My ends are pretty splitty and this product is awesome for it!

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

I finally got my Split End Sealer Klout Perk. I am quite enthralled, as I really really loved the sample I got, and have gone through the entire sample. I get my hair colored pretty frequently, but sometimes I don't like to get it cut with the color because I am trying so hard to grow it out. My ends are pretty splitty and this product is awesome for it!

Eager to see your hair!!! How can it seal split end? How long can it keep sealed? 

Originally Posted by fayeX View Post

Eager to see your hair!!! How can it seal split end? How long can it keep sealed? 

seems to me it lasts as long as I don't wash my hair. I realize that there isn't a solution to split ends, but it does a great job of camouflaging them :) 

seems to me it lasts as long as I don't wash my hair. I realize that there isn't a solution to split ends, but it does a great job of camouflaging them :) 

Bleaching my hair has made my head a disaster. I have fine, limp, straight hair, so all of the breakage is completely obvious, and I can't use any kind of smoothing stuff without it leaving my hair looking greasy. Good job, self.

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Bleaching my hair has made my head a disaster. I have fine, limp, straight hair, so all of the breakage is completely obvious, and I can't use any kind of smoothing stuff without it leaving my hair looking greasy. Good job, self.

Same here. No matter what treatments I do to my hair, the split ends are still there. I have my hair lightened and chemically processed a lot of times but I rarelt get a haircut because it grows slooooooooowly. The only way to treat split ends is to trim them. Have to convince myself that trimming wont kill me.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 View Post

Same here. No matter what treatments I do to my hair, the split ends are still there. I have my hair lightened and chemically processed a lot of times but I rarelt get a haircut because it grows slooooooooowly. The only way to treat split ends is to trim them. Have to convince myself that trimming wont kill me.

I have the same problem. Gross/TMI, but why the hell can't the hair on my head grow as fast as the hair on my legs? 

Quote:

I have the same problem. Gross/TMI, but why the hell can't the hair on my head grow as fast as the hair on my legs? 

Amen to that! LOL

I second that!!! Hate having to shave every other day. Glad it's getting cold so I think I can slack a bit.

exactly. I have been getting a full head of highlights and lowlights every 8 weeks since I was in 7th grade, soo 9ish years, and while I try really hard to take care of my hair so it looks nice (because what's the point of spending 150+ dollars if you don't put in the work to maintain it :)) but I used to keep it trimmed between shoulder and ears and it always looked so awesome at that, but I really wanted har to be able to style, so I am slowly (2 years and 6" later) growing it out. I want to get fused in extensions, my girl (my former babysitter/moms former student) says she'll do the installation for free if I pay for the supplies. I think I'll do it if my boyfriend's start up end up filming the reality show they are in talks to make, then at least I can show it off :P

I just want more HURRRRR

Great to know!  I've been wanting to try this..I love the shampoo and conditioner!

I was just thinking that I hope I get the brow gel then I remembered that I have two bag coming this month so its totally possible I'll get both the brow gel and the mascara :D Cant wait!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

second picture of november's contents:

i think the item i'm least exited about is the starlet eyeliner. i'm really not big on pencil eyeliners after using liquid for the past year.

That lip gloss looks super pink. I thought they were sending out a berry color. I know sometimes the photos online are deceiving, but I hope if there is variation that I get the berry color. It's perfect for winter. Hold the Barbie pink for a few months until Spring please, lol.

I used to dye my hair jet black in my and blow dry and straighten the sh*t out of it. Since then I've colored it lots of other colors and since it's naturally fine it was always limp and frizzy and broken and just awful. I thought I was going bald haha. So in a desperate attempt to not go bald, I stopped using heat styling (no more blow dryer or straightener) and started letting my hair air dry and used oils in it before it dried and the difference is unbelievable. I really can't even explain how much it has improved. In addition to it being thicker and softer, it grows like crazy.

Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Quote:

I used to dye my hair jet black in my and blow dry and straighten the sh*t out of it. Since then I've colored it lots of other colors and since it's naturally fine it was always limp and frizzy and broken and just awful. I thought I was going bald haha. So in a desperate attempt to not go bald, I stopped using heat styling (no more blow dryer or straightener) and started letting my hair air dry and used oils in it before it dried and the difference is unbelievable. I really can't even explain how much it has improved. In addition to it being thicker and softer, it grows like crazy.

SAME. I've stopped using dye on my hair and heatstyling for about 3-4 months now...and I'm amazed at the change! Still wish it grew at leg rate, though....ol.

Since we are sharing hair stories... lol

4 years ago I decided to stop getting straight hair perms that I'd been getting since middle school (so about 6-8 years). So I let my hair grow out (it looked super grody having curly roots and straight frizzy limp ends lol). And then I went to my mom (hair stylist) and told her: MOM CUT IT ALL OFF BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!!!!!! and I had short hair that reached a little past my ears. Now my hair is halfway down my back but it curls up so I have to grow it longer to have it look as long as I want it... lol

My goal is to get grow it about 8 inches longer before chopping it all off as a pixie cut and get it straightened again. :D Grand plans. lol

Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

Since we are sharing hair stories... lol

4 years ago I decided to stop getting straight hair perms that I'd been getting since middle school (so about 6-8 years). So I let my hair grow out (it looked super grody having curly roots and straight frizzy limp ends lol). And then I went to my mom (hair stylist) and told her: MOM CUT IT ALL OFF BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!!!!!! and I had short hair that reached a little past my ears. Now my hair is halfway down my back but it curls up so I have to grow it longer to have it look as long as I want it... lol

My goal is to get grow it about 8 inches longer before chopping it all off as a pixie cut and get it straightened again. :D Grand plans. lol

I hope you're donating your hair when you chop it all off! http://locksoflove.org/ http://www.pantene.com/en-US/PanteneBeautifulLengths/Pages/default.aspx I usually grow it out super long, and the last four years I've donated it twice. I actually really enjoy cutting my hair super short because it's fun but I always end up regretting it the 10, 12 months I'm growing it out when it's neither long nor short and just really unchic, lol. ):

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I hope you're donating your hair when you chop it all off! http://locksoflove.org/ http://www.pantene.com/en-US/PanteneBeautifulLengths/Pages/default.aspx I usually grow it out super long, and the last four years I've donated it twice. I actually really enjoy cutting my hair super short because it's fun but I always end up regretting it the 10, 12 months I'm growing it out when it's neither long nor short and just really unchic, lol. ):

Mmm well it depends, because some of it was color treated.