Have you dropped your Birchbox subscription?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm curious to know how many MUT members who had Birchbox dropped their subscriptions.

I had several disappointing boxes, so I dropped it after Sept.  After seeing the October mess, I'm really glad that I did.

I'm thinking about it - I've really been enjoying Popsugar and Glossybox more than Birchbox, so I don't know that I have a need/want for Birchbox anymore..

I voted for "others" because I have never subscribed to BB and would never try it in future.

Too much tricks, no real treat now. I believe last year's BB will never comeback because:

Before BB gets popular, they fought to get large size samples from high end brand (it won't surprise me if they pay for the samples)

After BB has enough subscribers, high end brand can no longer offer so many deluxe samples while those newly founded brands and small brands may be willing to offer free samples.

Just my own theory.

Anyway I wish I had last year's BB boxes... 

a little more: i think myglam/ipsy is more clever; they start with relatively lower end brands and for many kind of makeup products, high end or low end does not matter that much.

I dropped them after the razor month. I don't miss bb at all! I wish I would have canceled sooner.

I just started in August.  While I haven't found any products I love, I've enjoyed trying the products, and haven't gotten any boxes that are so bad I just wanna cry for my lost 10-spot.  I'm hoping all the mess'll make 'em better.  So I voted stickin' it out.

I've been happy with my boxes since resubscribing in May(after a 5 month break). No reason to cancel.

Dropped it for now, but bought a 3-month gift sub for myself with points since I couldn't find any full-sized products I need. 

I am on the fence about it.  I have been thinking "oh it's just $10 so no big deal", but I ended up reading through the thread on here about how much have you spent on sample boxes and it put it into perspective that the "just $10" does add up.  I am sticking it out through December in hopes that the box might be neat for holiday time - after that it may very well be gone.  

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had several disappointing boxes, so I dropped it after Sept.  After seeing the October mess, I'm really glad that I did.
This is exactly how I feel as well.  I was so upset with my August box and gave them one more month to impress me.

November is make it or break it for me. I've already cashed in my saved up points for the Baggu backpack and really have no reason to stick around unless November is awesome. 

If you don't mind me asking, what happened? My mom had BB (I had already canceled due to funds) and she ended up not receiving her September box but got an underwhelming October box then had them cancel her.

I plan on canceling after next month when my points reach 300 - then its time to cash out and move on.  The sample sizes are too small for me, and the samples never go according to my beauty profile.

will after this month wanted tp use my points, it really has been horrible t hough, nothing i cant get from sephora for free ad a vib!

I'm keeping an eye on a new one called Nail Art Society for the next couple of months, if that proves to be good then I may join up there...but regardless of that I'm kind of thinking about dropping either Birchbox or BA.  Right now it's not looking good for Birchbox.  Their quality's definitely gone downhill since I'm seeing a lot more packets.  Luckily for the most part I haven't seen them in my boxes...except August where I got that awful box with the tanning wipes.

I was on the fence, I had 8 months of the service and October was the last box... I found no value in it.

Latest posts

Back