Happy with your Birchbox subscription Poll options

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would add the option " I am unhappy with my birchbox subscription but have not canceled because I am afraid of missing something good"

Originally Posted by AuntOly1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would add the option " I am unhappy with my birchbox subscription but have not canceled because I am afraid of missing something good"
I almost put, "I am addicted to the box. Can't quit." 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I almost put, "I am addicted to the box. Can't quit." 
 I would probably check that box, lol!

Two separate polls doesn't really address the bias issue, in my opinion, but thank you for giving this as an option. Funny thing is, those who are content or even pleased with a service are MUCH less likely to speak up than those who are dissatisfied. Unfortunately, due to confirmation bias, it can easily make a product look less-desirable.

But I'm more likely to give up this board than I am to give up Birchbox, FWIW.

I have started calling it "The Yelp Effect" or "Yelp Bias"

the businesses have to beg satisfied customers to write positive reviews, because nobody hesitates to complain, it gives them a sense of satisfaction, but when people are satisfied with a service, they already feel satisfied and don't pursue anything further.

I write glowing reviews when I find products I like. I also follow up with thank you emails after dealing with CS, which I've never had issues with. Here, on MuT, I try and keep a muzzle on it now. There's so many more dissatisfied ladies now and I feel like positivity/satisfaction is pushed aside so people can keep airing grievances. The same ones month after month(issue wise, not necessarily posters), but many don't seem to quit for that fear of missing out. Or conversations deviate into other subs that offer so much more, blah blah blah lol... I understand the grievances and can agree with most of them, but think there are better ways to go about it. I don't see why people don't offer BB solutions when they contact them with issues.. I mean, say your box never turned up and you email BB. Why not let them know you want a replacement or points or compensation from the get go? Dragging it out into many emails only leaves you more frustrated. I don't think we need to do BB's job for them, but giving them options to what would be a satisfactory solution to you might help. Customers/consumers have some degree of power, we just need to utilize it better.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I write glowing reviews when I find products I like. I also follow up with thank you emails after dealing with CS, which I've never had issues with. Here, on MuT, I try and keep a muzzle on it now. There's so many more dissatisfied ladies now and I feel like positivity/satisfaction is pushed aside so people can keep airing grievances. The same ones month after month(issue wise, not necessarily posters), but many don't seem to quit for that fear of missing out. Or conversations deviate into other subs that offer so much more, blah blah blah lol...

I understand the grievances and can agree with most of them, but think there are better ways to go about it. I don't see why people don't offer BB solutions when they contact them with issues.. I mean, say your box never turned up and you email BB. Why not let them know you want a replacement or points or compensation from the get go? Dragging it out into many emails only leaves you more frustrated. I don't think we need to do BB's job for them, but giving them options to what would be a satisfactory solution to you might help. Customers/consumers have some degree of power, we just need to utilize it better.
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I write glowing reviews when I find products I like. I also follow up with thank you emails after dealing with CS, which I've never had issues with. Here, on MuT, I try and keep a muzzle on it now. There's so many more dissatisfied ladies now and I feel like positivity/satisfaction is pushed aside so people can keep airing grievances. The same ones month after month(issue wise, not necessarily posters), but many don't seem to quit for that fear of missing out. Or conversations deviate into other subs that offer so much more, blah blah blah lol...

I understand the grievances and can agree with most of them, but think there are better ways to go about it. I don't see why people don't offer BB solutions when they contact them with issues.. I mean, say your box never turned up and you email BB. Why not let them know you want a replacement or points or compensation from the get go? Dragging it out into many emails only leaves you more frustrated. I don't think we need to do BB's job for them, but giving them options to what would be a satisfactory solution to you might help. Customers/consumers have some degree of power, we just need to utilize it better.
THIS.

Birchbox advertises itself as "beauty and lifestyle." That means you might get nail polish, perfume, travel baggies, whatever. If you're so picky that you ONLY want makeup or you ONLY want skin care, there are better subscriptions out there for you. Cancel BB and sign up for them, and if you paid for a year trade, gift, or donate your boxes to your local women's shelter. I agree some of the complaints are valid - shipping and CS issues - but whining about foil packets here doesn't accomplish anything if you don't let BB know via the surveys, an email, or by unsubscribing. I have always included my feelings on sample sizes with feedback because sometimes they really are too small to get a feel for the product.

I found the other poll really negatively framed and therefore not worth it's weight in gold as far as scientific research goes. This is a bit better, thanks!

This poll doesn't cover all sides either. This is assuming everyone is happy and loves their BB. Yes, many people are but some people do feel negatively or neutral (like me). You're missing one option... "I cancelled". That's me.

I don't begrudge anyone their membership nor do I have any bad feelings about BB. I just realized it wasn't for me. They never forgot to send me anything or had bad CS, I just didn't match with this sub. My boxes were filled with things I couldn't use because of skin sensitivity...lots of perfumes, harsh cleansers, self tanners. Usually the response I get when I say that is that I won't be happy with any sub. But I am. I really like a few of my other subs. So as stated, this just isn't for me.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This poll doesn't cover all sides either. This is assuming everyone is happy and loves their BB. Yes, many people are but some people do feel negatively or neutral (like me). You're missing one option... "I cancelled". That's me.

I don't begrudge anyone their membership nor do I have any bad feelings about BB. I just realized it wasn't for me. They never forgot to send me anything or had bad CS, I just didn't match with this sub. My boxes were filled with things I couldn't use because of skin sensitivity...lots of perfumes, harsh cleansers, self tanners. Usually the response I get when I say that is that I won't be happy with any sub. But I am. I really like a few of my other subs. So as stated, this just isn't for me.
Oh I agree. I think this one encompasses the positive, the other one encompasses the negative, and we need to encompass the neutral, as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I agree. I think this one encompasses the positive, the other one encompasses the negative, and we need to encompass the neutral, as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Exactly, both ends of the spectrum and something for those of us who are in between.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly, both ends of the spectrum and something for those of us who are in between.
Yes, I agree that the best would be to make a new poll that had an entire spectrum of answers. I wanted to make this as an expansion from the other poll's option on "I am sticking it out" there were so many cancellation options, and not many options for those who hadn't cancelled.

Yes, I agree that the best would be to make a new poll that had an entire spectrum of answers. I wanted to make this as an expansion from the other poll's option on "I am sticking it out" there were so many cancellation options, and not many options for those who hadn't cancelled.
Oh definitely, and I totally appreciate and love your intention!

However, if we were to present this "research" to Birchbox and expect them to take it somewhat seriously, it would have to be really pared-down, neutral questions that you can answer either positively, negatively, or neutrally to. But then again, that's just me spouting off on some social science! Pardon me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh definitely, and I totally appreciate and love your intention!

However, if we were to present this "research" to Birchbox and expect them to take it somewhat seriously, it would have to be really pared-down, neutral questions that you can answer either positively, negatively, or neutrally to. But then again, that's just me spouting off on some social science! Pardon me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
oh heck yes. the level of ranting and complaining in the past two months has made me enjoy the threads so much less, I was not surprised to see those were the majority of the options. It would have made more sense if it was just a "I cancelled Birchbox, this is why" poll. 

tbh Oct, Nov Dec were my least favorite boxes from last year, so I think there might be some relation to it being the Holiday season and end of the year and companies having a smaller portion of their budget available for samples.

oh heck yes. the level of ranting and complaining in the past two months has made me enjoy the threads so much less, I was not surprised to see those were the majority of the options. It would have made more sense if it was just a "I cancelled Birchbox, this is why" poll.  tbh Oct, Nov Dec were my least favorite boxes from last year, so I think there might be some relation to it being the Holiday season and end of the year and companies having a smaller portion of their budget available for samples.
That makes sense, with the holidays and all. Myself, too, I don't make an effort to post all over the BB threads because there is sooo much dissatisfaction and almost hostility. It's taking a dive and the focus is on complaints, more and more every month, while people who want to discuss their products and how they work get lost.

oh heck yes. the level of ranting and complaining in the past two months has made me enjoy the threads so much less, 
Same here. It's always been there, to a degree, but this past few months it's been almost unbearable. 

I wouldn't begrudge anyone expressing their disappointment, but I feel like it's gotten out of hand.

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here. It's always been there, to a degree, but this past few months it's been almost unbearable. 

I wouldn't begrudge anyone expressing their disappointment, but I feel like it's gotten out of hand.
I agree but all of this drama over a 10.00 box.  If I paid 20 or 25 I could understand, but its a 10.00 box.  If 10.00 is so dear, then they shouldn't be wasting it on a beauty sub.

Latest posts

Back