POPSUGAR MUST HAVE - DECEMBER 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reluctant to subscribe to Pop Sugar due to the hefty price of the subscrption, But I couldn't resist and was able to buy it as a gift which is for (1) box for what ever month is available; for me that was December.  November is SOLD OUT!!  It's going to be torture, hopefully worth the wait.   They don't deliver until the end of December,  If I like the box, I'll consider subscribing.  Your thoughts......

The price and seeing what was in the first box had me a bit skeptical as well.  Then trying to research it led me here to MUT and I just had to join the fun of subs (which I never knew existed before this ...  and my checkbook will never forgive me)

I've received 3 boxes so far - August, September, and October. 

August I was kind of "meh" about, but I got it for 1/2 price so I was pretty neutral about the sub.  I don't even remember most of what was in it ... the reed diffuser, wine glasses (these get used) ... oh the dvd which I haven't opened yet.  Um...  drawing a blank on the rest.  I don't think it helped that I read so many spoilers (it took mine forEVER to get here) and saw how disappointed everyone was

September - again, took forever to get to me.  I was really good though about avoiding spoilers and only knew about the scarf because there was so much commentary on it.  But I didn't know what it looked like or brand, just that everyone was talking about a scarf.  Once my box arrived I was pretty happy overall - I liked the variety of items, and that some of the flowed together ... snacks and dinner, a movie, makeup and a pretty new scarf for "date night" (as if I ever get those LOL) ... some facial wipes for the end of the night, idk ... but I was happy with the box, and I definitely think the value to me personally was way more than the $30 I paid.

October - I wasn't one of the last to receive mine for once!  I love candles but dislike the scent of mine, but I can't hold that against PopSugar ... I like OPI polish so I was excited to get that.  The socks are alright but I would never pay $10 for socks ...  the book doesn't look like one that will suck me in, but I'll prob give it a shot.  Would I have paid $30 for this box if I knew ahead of time what was in it?  Probably not.  But it did introduce me to some new brands/items.  I don't expect every box to fit me to a T, so I'll take the "loss" on this one and hope that November is more exciting for me. 

I hope you are happy with your December box!!

Thanks so much Rach212!  Looking forward to it; I can't wait.  Yesterday was a tough day.  I was out of control with purchasing boxes!!  The good thing is I didn't subscribe to another monthly; just individual boxes to try them out.  I already subscribe to 3 and that's enough!  Wow, 1/2 off box?  How did that happen?  Inquirying minds want to know!!!  The discount codes as you know are always a good motivator and that's not a good thing for me at the moment.
smileno.gif

i caved on this but justified it because i cancelled Glossybox.  disappointed that we have to wait through November but hopefully December will be packed with holiday goodies!

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i caved on this but justified it because i cancelled Glossybox.  disappointed that we have to wait through November but hopefully December will be packed with holiday goodies!
 Yeah Jess, It's going to be torture for sure; especially seeing the November spoilers.  HopefullyPS will be generous & outstanding for the holidays!  Glad you cancelled Glossybox.  I did too; awhile ago.  They're CS was not very professional, nor how they ran things.  I really didn't think it was worth $21.00  They seemed shady to me.  I don't feel bad about that at all.  I current;y subscribe to (3) subs already and really can't justify another one especially at $30, unless............ there's a serious discount.  hmmmmmmmmm  I have no self control.
sadno.gif

I'm eyeing this one as well . . . one discount or weak moment and I'm hitting subscribe.  Looks like a fun box.  And if I can't use all of the things in it, it seems like they'd be good for gifting.  Maybe I should sign up before December fills up too?

You're so funny sweetiegirll.  I hate to be an enabler, but I say go ahead, treat yourself.  Do hesitate any further,or it might sell out.  Then again, you just might be relieved as I was for the Nov. box.  The good thing is the box delivers the end of Dec. and I'm assuming that's when we're billed? The bad thing is it's going to be torture waiting. argghh!!   

If you're hesitant to subscribe as I am, buy it as a gift; a one time purchase and then go from there.  I just couldn't resist.  The items look so fabulous!!  

As far as discount codes.... (try refer 5.) What I do with items that I don't need  or want, can't use, I gift them and it feels good to do so.  Keep us posted! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Someone may have asked this previously, but if I signed up for the 3 month deal, will it auto renew or will I need to resubscribe for January? Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm eyeing this one as well . . . one discount or weak moment and I'm hitting subscribe.  Looks like a fun box.  And if I can't use all of the things in it, it seems like they'd be good for gifting.  Maybe I should sign up before December fills up too?
i had been waiting for another discount code but with November already sold out i decided not to wait. i just used Refer5 and did a 3mo sub.

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone may have asked this previously, but if I signed up for the 3 month deal, will it auto renew or will I need to resubscribe for January? Thanks
smile.gif
it automatically goes to a month-to-month sub.

I believe it'll auto renew one month at a time after that. Anybody out there, if I'm incorrect, please let us know?  Thnx

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe it'll auto renew one month at a time after that. Anybody out there, if I'm incorrect, please let us know?  Thnx
 Oh so sorry, I should've scrolled down further.  Question answered.  Thnx

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i had been waiting for another discount code but with November already sold out i decided not to wait. i just used Refer5 and did a 3mo sub.
 Excellent!

Awesome, thanks! At this point I wanted to make sure I was subscribed for January and didnt miss the resubscibe period.. but since it autorenews I'm all good!

Looks like they have a refer a friend program and you awesome enablers have pushed me over the edge!  I'm an enabler too, I like being on this side of it though, ha ha.

Anyone have a referral link for me to sign up with?  I'd love to send some love to one of my MakeUpTalk girls.  I know we're not generally allowed to just randomly post referral links, but I wouldn't know about this sub if it wasn't for this site and I'd like to help one MUTalker to benefit, at least.  So first person who pm's me a code/link, I'll sign up through you.  Might as well not let my sub referral go to waste, hopefully it'll help someone's account.  I think it's refer 2 people and get one month for yourself free, that's not too shabby.    Found my friend.  Nice.

Can't wait for December!  I would think that holiday boxes would be pretty luxe, but sometimes everyone gets so overwhelmed on/around the holidays that the boxes aren't that special.  I would have loved the scarf, the wineglasses, the book, all sorts of things from past months, so I'll take the gamble.  Waiting on a code . . .

Looks like they have a refer a friend program and you awesome enablers have pushed me over the edge!  I'm an enabler too, I like being on this side of it though, ha ha.

Anyone have a referral link for me to sign up with?  I'd love to send some love to one of my MakeUpTalk girls.  I know we're not generally allowed to just randomly post referral links, but I wouldn't know about this sub if it wasn't for this site and I'd like to help one MUTalker to benefit, at least.  So first person who pm's me a code/link, I'll sign up through you.  Might as well not let my sub referral go to waste, hopefully it'll help someone's account.  I think it's refer 2 people and get one month for yourself free, that's not too shabby.

Can't wait for December!  I would think that holiday boxes would be pretty luxe, but sometimes everyone gets so overwhelmed on/around the holidays that the boxes aren't that special.  I would have loved the scarf, the wineglasses, the book, all sorts of things from past months, so I'll take the gamble.  Waiting on a code . . .
 Thanx so much, That's so nice of you!

Anyone have a referral link for me to sign up with?  I'd love to send some love to one of my MakeUpTalk girls.  I know we're not generally allowed to just randomly post referral links, but I wouldn't know about this sub if it wasn't for this site and I'd like to help one MUTalker to benefit, at least.  So first person who pm's me a code/link, I'll sign up through you.  Might as well not let my sub referral go to waste, hopefully it'll help someone's account.  I think it's refer 2 people and get one month for yourself free, that's not too shabby.    Found my friend.  Nice.

Bye the way...  How did you cross the paragraph out?  I've seen that before, but couldn't figure out how to do that.  Always learning something new.

Latest posts

Back