Has Ipsy gotten better?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cancelled around the time they wanted you to update your info for the new servers back when it was still Myglam.

But I'm starting to not like what I'm getting in my BB. So I might switch. The Benefit They're Real sample this month really makes me want to get it.[i got an email about getting the bag]

Have the products gotten better?

I only signed up starting with October's bag after the "come back" email they sent me seemed too good to pass. Right now they're amazing! Fantastic value, tons of makeup. However, I'm still keeping a close eye on them, I don't fully trust that things will stay this good. That's just one girl's opinion though.

Originally Posted by automaticeyesx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I only signed up starting with October's bag after the "come back" email they sent me seemed too good to pass. Right now they're amazing! Fantastic value, tons of makeup. However, I'm still keeping a close eye on them, I don't fully trust that things will stay this good. That's just one girl's opinion though.
Do you think they've stepped up what products they are using? Like using similar products to BB?

I'm thinking of switching to Ipsy or maybe getting two Ipsy boxes and then deciding which I liked.

I subscribed to Ipsy back in February until May and then cancelled because I hated the overall quality of it. I then picked up BB and didn't think I'd ever sign back up with Ipsy. However, I did end up resubscribing to Ipsy this month and think I will continue my subscription (I absolutely loved the October bag!). They have definitely stepped up the quality of the products they put in their bags.

The products in Ipsy are mostly makeup which is a lot different from BB. I've found that BB puts more skin care, lifestyle and fragrance samples in their boxes. I very rarely get makeup from them.

I've been subscribed since the beginning (November 23 will be my 1 year anniversary with them) and I loved the contents of the first bag, HATED January and February, liked March (hated the smell of the bag and am still convinced it was the fault of the warehouse since the bags did not smell when I visited their warehouse). It has progressively become better and right now I would have to say it's my #1 favorite subscription taking the place of Birchbox which has slipped to my #3 favorite subscription service (#2 is Beauty Army).

While the products are not super high end like Birchbox and there isn't a perks system like Birchbox or Beauty Army the fact is that I get more use out of my Ipsy bags and products than I do with my Birchbox. I think I've pretty much have used up or used multiple times pretty much everything from December, March - October (everything from January went to my girls and half of my February I didn't and haven't used). My Birchbox items, I would say I haven't used everything except certain items.

Earlier this year I did a 10 Reasons You Shouldn't Subscribe to MyGlam and everything on that list they've fixed and improved upon.

I think it has, I never thought of cancelling MG unlike BB, if I had to choose one...

What makes you want to quit it?

I haven't been with them for that long, but I do think they're trying very hard now.

I left them a note around midnight last night about how all the product links in the glam room were broken on Facebook... and they've already fixed all of them. Granted they shouldn't have been broken in the first place, but it's nice to see them responding actively instead of...say...Julep.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... but it's nice to see them responding actively instead of...say...Julep.
*nods in agreement* I have yet to heard from Julep on what's going on with my order. Free or not I'd still like to know what's going on.

I have been with them from the beginning and IMO they have been getting better and better every month.

Latest posts

Back