There's a lot of 'beauty boxes and bags out there...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know the ones, Birch Box, etc, etc. What are some really good ones, and how much are they? How does it work? Do you have to buy a minimum number of them, or for a minimum period of time? Do you think they are really worth the money? Can you return if you don't like what you get? Do they consist of sample sized products'or full sized stuff? What's you're opinions of them?

Are there companies that specialize in the contents? For example, if you're an eyeshadow lover, or a nail polish lover? Or if you prefer a particular brand?

Thanks for your answers, I'm just wondering onwhether any of them would be a good way to go for me, and it seems that so many of them have sprung up over a short period of time, I really don't know where to start!

Some boxes are specialized- there is a box for curly hair, beauty, and food off the top of my head. Beauty army and beautyfix allow you to select your products. Some subs are month to month, and others you have a regular subscription to, just like a magazine. My favorite is a beauty sub called "ipsy". It is $10 per month, with free shipping.

Just be VERY careful with newer start ups because there have been several that have ripped customers off by sending out discontinued, expired and counterfeit products. There was/is one that specifically sends out what they call, "replicas" (counterfeit) for I think $30 a month.

As Dalylah mentioned above, check out the Subscription group and the posts there. Our members are very open and honest about their feelings on the different services. The top six companies our members like (in alphabetical order):

• Beauty Army
  • Birchbox
  • Ispy (formerly MyGlam)
  • Sample Society
  • Starlooks -- quickly becoming MUT members favorite
  • Wantable -- quickly becoming MUT members favorite

Some members like Glossybox, some don't. And of course there are numerous other companies that don't have a huge MUT following.

How exactly does Wantable work? I have heard of the others (i have 10 beauty subscriptions), but how much is it?

How exactly does Wantable work? I have heard of the others (i have 10 beauty subscriptions), but how much is it?

Originally Posted by kimisatiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi there! I work for Wantable so I can explain how it works. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It all begins with a style quiz that allows us to get to know you better. Once you take the quiz we match you with the style we believe fits you best and you can view your makeup packs, which have 6-7 full size and high quality products that are hand-picked by our stylists. Each style has three color palettes to choose from so you know you'll be getting colors that work for you. Each pack is $40 and includes free shipping and returns. Our packs are updated each season, but we're not a subscription service so we don't autocharge you. You won't be charged unless you personally order a pack. I'm a huge fan of this because it means you can buy as many packs as you'd like or none at all without the hassle of subscriptions. 

If you have any more questions you can feel free to email us at [email protected]. We'd love to chat with you! 

Back