Question for Makeup Artists!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I probably have the most unique question you guys have ever seen here. I am currently using dermmatch for hairloss concealing. The problem is - it can drip when you sweat..much like runny eye makeup when women cry...I am wondering this - Are there any "super" hairsprays that "lock" makeup onto the skin that may prevent makeup from running? THANKS!!! =)

Originally Posted by WRCREX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I probably have the most unique question you guys have ever seen here. I am currently using dermmatch for hairloss concealing. The problem is - it can drip when you sweat..much like runny eye makeup when women cry...I am wondering this - Are there any "super" hairsprays that "lock" makeup onto the skin that may prevent makeup from running? THANKS!!! =)
Most, if not all lines carry make-up sealer sprays that are meant for situations such as yours.

Yeah, I would go with a sealer.  My go to sealer for anything I want to "not move" is Green Marble.  Totally toxic but it will really hold!  I always have it in my set bag.

Yeah, I would go with a sealer.  My go to sealer for anything I want to "not move" is Green Marble.  Totally toxic but it will really hold!  I always have it in my set bag.
Really??? I have GM in my setbag too, but I find that PPI products are not toxic, yes they can be harsh to the skin, but not toxic. Let's discuss...

Ok I may have been exaggerating when I said "totally toxic" --what I was trying to get at is yes it is harsh to the skin, it wreaks, definitely no fun to inhale or get in your eyes.

As far as toxicity levels I'm not 100%, but I am quite sure there are toxic vapors in it.  I see you're in Toronto, vogueboy.  I went to makeup school there (10 years ago) and I always remembered one of my teachers saying that.

Originally Posted by noholoca /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I may have been exaggerating when I said "totally toxic" --what I was trying to get at is yes it is harsh to the skin, it wreaks, definitely no fun to inhale or get in your eyes.

As far as toxicity levels I'm not 100%, but I am quite sure there are toxic vapors in it.  I see you're in Toronto, vogueboy.  I went to makeup school there (10 years ago) and I always remembered one of my teachers saying that.
I find that Ben Nye's Final Seal's vapours are more unpleasant than Green Marble's. As a comparison, here are the ingredients for both:

Ben Nye Final Seal - Alcohol Denat, Water, Acrylates/ Octylacrlamide, Copolymer, Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol, Fragrance,Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1.

Green Marble SeLr - Isopropanol, 2-Propane, Acrylic Resins, Silica, Fragrance

Again, fragrance is a personal opinion matter. And most of these types of make-ups are manufactured in the US under FDA and USDA guidelnes and protocols, so they are safe. So harsh on the skin? (with prolonged useage), I say yes. Toxic? No, based on user guidelines.

But now we're getting into semantics and definitions of what "harsh"and "toxic" is and what context it's used in, which is a more important factor in a make-up prosthetic lab/shop type environment where canister type gas masks are required (for classroom and on-set settings we use N-95 type dust masks when we do build and repair jobs).

I am guessing you went to Complections?

You can try the Reel Creations Reel Hair products.  That's what they use on film and they are water resistant.  Might be easier than using a spray...

You can try the Reel Creations Reel Hair products.  That's what they use on film and they are water resistant.  Might be easier than using a spray...
You mean as a make-up sealer?

Back