My Hautelook Mascara Haul!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So I was lucky enough to snag (aka set an alarm and speed-click) the high-end mascara offer on Hautelook last week. The deal was 11 high-end sample-sized mascaras in a trendy PVC makeup bag for $24.00 with a surprise best-selling mascara sample "for free." When I made the purchase, I was advised the orders wouldn't ship until 10/31/12 -11/4/12, yet mine arrived today! Quite the surprise for me as I never received a shipping email, nor did the package have any marker for Nordstrom/Hautelook; infact,  the package was shipped from a Jerry Langer with "Axiz Group 2" in Ilinois! (I've only made one other purchase from Hautelook, but I'm faiurly sure it came from them directly?)

Upon opening the package, I was surprised as there was no packaging material. The bag of mascaras were just laying in the box. This wasn't a big deal, though-afterall, it is just mascara! Here is what I saw:

Then, the good part!!!:

From left to right:

1) *Surprise 'free' mascara* Dior Diorshow Mascara!!!!!!!

2) Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara

3) Napolean Perdis Long Black Mascara

4) BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara

5) Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara

6) Clinique High Impact Mascara

7) Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

8) Stila Stay All Day Volumizing Waterproof Mascara

9) Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara

10) Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara

11) Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

12) Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

Mascara Menu:

Annnnd the Diorshow up close because I am most excited for this (and I want to show off my cute manicure!!!!):

So, I am psyched. I will have to contain myself to using them one-or-so at a time since I don't want them to go bad, but I'm very happy about my purchase. I haven't a clue which to try first.

Have any of you tried any of these mascaras? What do you think?

Ooo..! Nice haul, a little odd there was no packing peanuts..but come to think of it, my package didn't have much stuffing either when I ordered some makeup from them back in May or June..can't remember when exactly. It had some cardboard divider thing and the box was small, so it was packaged snugly. 

Great haul! Try the YSL Shocking last because it will ruin all the other mascaras for you, lol. It's my favorite at the moment.

Nice!  I was eyeing that Hautelook special too but ultimately didn't get it because I STILL have tiny mascaras from last year's Sephora Lash kit that has 10 or 11 mascaras.  It is so hard, I really wanted to open them all up and try them side by side but I only opened two and gave Grandma two and kept the other ones pristine in case I needed a new one later or decided to gift them.  I think this mascara sampler blows the Sephora one out of the water, though, with all the luxe brands and the amazing price.  I did get mine on an after Christmas sale but it surely didn't have Armani Eyes to Kill or DiorShow or YSL.  Awesome.  I hope you have so much fun with them.  It's like being a kid in a candy shop.  Lovely nails, too.

Ooo..! Nice haul, a little odd there was no packing peanuts..but come to think of it, my package didn't have much stuffing either when I ordered some makeup from them back in May or June..can't remember when exactly. It had some cardboard divider thing and the box was small, so it was packaged snugly. 
I found it so strange! Even my last purchase from them had a bubble mailer and hautelook packaging. Oh well, how can I complain!? Thanks for commenting :)

Great haul! Try the YSL Shocking last because it will ruin all the other mascaras for you, lol. It's my favorite at the moment.
Ohhh! Thank you! I will most definitely save this for one of the last! Thanks forx sharing!!

Nice!  I was eyeing that Hautelook special too but ultimately didn't get it because I STILL have tiny mascaras from last year's Sephora Lash kit that has 10 or 11 mascaras.  It is so hard, I really wanted to open them all up and try them side by side but I only opened two and gave Grandma two and kept the other ones pristine in case I needed a new one later or decided to gift them.  I think this mascara sampler blows the Sephora one out of the water, though, with all the luxe brands and the amazing price.  I did get mine on an after Christmas sale but it surely didn't have Armani Eyes to Kill or DiorShow or YSL.  Awesome.  I hope you have so much fun with them.  It's like being a kid in a candy shop.  Lovely nails, too.
I am a mascara hoarder! Though, I do somehow manage to get through all of mine, somehow! I have no idea how long this haul will take, but I'm excited to dive in kid in candy shop style :). Thanks for sharing!

If you don't mind my asking where do you live? And what method did it ship?  USPS, UPS, Fedex?  not to be a stalker but I ordered one too and my potential ship dates were 10/29-10/31 and I have zip.  I am on the west coast.  They charged my credit card and I ordered at like 8:15am but maybe they oversold and I am not getting one?  TIA!

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhh! Thank you! I will most definitely save this for one of the last! Thanks forx sharing!!

If you don't mind my asking where do you live? And what method did it ship?  USPS, UPS, Fedex?  not to be a stalker but I ordered one too and my potential ship dates were 10/29-10/31 and I have zip.  I am on the west coast.  They charged my credit card and I ordered at like 8:15am but maybe they oversold and I am not getting one?  TIA!
Oh no worries, I'd be doing the exact same! Well my box says it shipped UPS Ground, and I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania. I'm not sure how I received it so quickly, nor did I receive a shipping email. If it helps, I don't think they oversold since they only allow you to keep a product in your cart for so long before they remove it. I thinly they only allow the amount they have available to be placed in carts and purchased. I hope you get lucky and it arrives on your doorstep soon!!

also, I think there are websites where you can enter your information and it will tell you if you have any packages coming your way. Try googling that!!

Thanks so much!  Hopefully it will be here soon!  I need to learn patience but I LOVE me some mascara!  I was expecting a few delays on pretty much everything because of the hurricane!

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no worries, I'd be doing the exact same! Well my box says it shipped UPS Ground, and I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania. I'm not sure how I received it so quickly, nor did I receive a shipping email. If it helps, I don't think they oversold since they only allow you to keep a product in your cart for so long before they remove it. I thinly they only allow the amount they have available to be placed in carts and purchased. I hope you get lucky and it arrives on your doorstep soon!!

Latest posts

Back