Beauty Army: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's November 1st which means the new November selections have started. What did you pick?

This is my first month with BA, my very best friend gifted a 3 month sub to me for my birthday!!!  I made my selections and am VERY excited!!

3388-0072-0001-150x150.jpg

SUNTEGRITY
BB Cream SPF 30
(Light)
https://beautyarmy.com/lipsi-cosmetics-aphrodite-power
LIPSI COSMETICS
Aphrodite Powder

https://beautyarmy.com/ineke-hothouse-flower-2
INEKE
Hothouse Flower Perfume

https://beautyarmy.com/skinn-cosmeticstwin-set-coral-poppy
SKINN COSMETICS
Twin Set (Coral Poppy)

https://beautyarmy.com/you-da-balm-coconut
YOU DA BALM
Coconut Lip Balm

3628-0067-0001-150x150.jpg

WHIP HAND COSMETICS
Locked + Loaded Loose Pigment Eyeshadow

Well...I chose on October but my box will be here until mid-November since my selection is at the end of the month.

This is my second month with Beauty Army and I am very excited for this month here is what I selected. Notice there is an extra sample this is because my Nailtiques last month was defective. 

My box this month, excited (nailtiques! two make up samples! hair stuff to play with! light Suntegrity to mix with the dark that I got in September! OMG!) and scared:

These are things that I REALLY REALLY wanted (the first two would be repeats for me) but could not get to show up on my normal account or my second account for the life of me!

I wonder what new things they'll have this month. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was interested in the argan oil shampoo in my selection but I just bought argan oil conditioner for cowashing, so maybe next time if it has good reviews
smile.gif

@Autumnandicarus I wanted that pedicure pad but no matter how I took my quiz or what I chose it never came up. Hopefully next month because I have been wanting to try it

I just selected the nail kit because I am kinda getting tired of having to take the quiz 10 times to try to get the samples I want 

My selection date was Nov 1st and I can't get either Shea Terra to show up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> kinda sucks that they only seemed to show up the end of Oct. anyone else get them to pop up? I might skip if it I can't get it. An update on my box last month, they sent out a replacement since I never got mine.. It's still on its way.

You know, every month I tell myself "This is probably going to be my last month with Beauty Army", and yet they somehow manage to sucker me back in with something or other every time. I guess this means they're doing something right?

This month the one thing I really wanted was the Shea Terra Ginger Pumpkin body butter, because I love love anything ginger-scented. My selection opened on the 1st but no matter how many times I tried I could not get it to show up. Finally at about 12:06 PM EST I told myself I would retake the quiz one more time... and if it didn't show up, I would skip the month and then cancel my account.

Well, it's almost like they were reading my mind because lo and behold, on my final try it finally showed up.

I ended up with:

- Shea Terra Ginger Pumpkin body butter

- Lashem

- Whip Hand Cosmetics eyeshadow

- You Da Balm Grapefruit

- Skinn Cosmetics lip duo in Pink Yulip

- Tea

I wasn't particularly in love with anything else but I didn't want to risk retaking the quiz for fear of losing the Shea Terra. I might wind up trading almost everything else except that and the tea, but it'd still be worth it to me. Actually, I was really hoping for the Skinn lip duo in Coral Poppy. If anyone gets that one that wanted the pink instead, I'd love to trade!

You know, every month I tell myself "This is probably going to be my last month with Beauty Army", and yet they somehow manage to sucker me back in with something or other every time. I guess this means they're doing something right? This month the one thing I really wanted was the Shea Terra Ginger Pumpkin body butter, because I love love anything ginger-scented. My selection opened on the 1st but no matter how many times I tried I could not get it to show up. Finally at about 12:06 PM EST I told myself I would retake the quiz one more time... and if it didn't show up, I would skip the month and then cancel my account. Well, it's almost like they were reading my mind because lo and behold, on my final try it finally showed up. I ended up with: - Shea Terra Ginger Pumpkin body butter - Lashem - Whip Hand Cosmetics eyeshadow - You Da Balm Grapefruit - Skinn Cosmetics lip duo in Pink Yulip - Tea I wasn't particularly in love with anything else but I didn't want to risk retaking the quiz for fear of losing the Shea Terra. I might wind up trading almost everything else except that and the tea, but it'd still be worth it to me. Actually, I was really hoping for the Skinn lip duo in Coral Poppy. If anyone gets that one that wanted the pink instead, I'd love to trade!
Any idea what you chose that finally gave you the Shea Terra? That's what I really want!

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any idea what you chose that finally gave you the Shea Terra? That's what I really want!
I think I recall it being something completely unintuitive. The million times I'd tried it before, I always put "Dry" skin and checked "Body" and "Exfoliant" and sometimes "All Natural", but I didn't get the Shea Terra to show up at all, regardless of whatever else I selected. I think for my last ditch effort I checked nothing but "Make-up" and "Eye area" or something like that -- like I said, unintuitive. I wasn't expecting it to work and was completely surprised when it did.

I wonder if the timing had anything to do with it. I always checked my selections at 11:45am EST (8:45am EST) like had been previously suggested, but I was basically getting the same samples regardless of what I selected on the form. But when I tried it after noon EST (9am EST) I suddenly got several things I hadn't had come up before, like the LashEm.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My selection date was Nov 1st and I can't get either Shea Terra to show up
frown.gif
kinda sucks that they only seemed to show up the end of Oct. anyone else get them to pop up? I might skip if it I can't get it.

An update on my box last month, they sent out a replacement since I never got mine.. It's still on its way.
I got the moisturizer to show up once, then I went back to take a screenshot to post it here and it was gone -.- and now I can't get it back :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's my first selection window:

After changing my beauty profile a bit, I got this: 

Hey! I've been following this site ever since I joined Beauty Army but had JUST signed up to start posting =P. Anyways, I got LashEm to show up ONCE this morning....and I never got it back -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

This is what I ended up choosing. I already have the bb cream, and I don't use it. I use skin79 bb creams instead, but was too afraid to change my profile in fear of losing the body creme. I've noticed that we're no longer allow to have multiple windows open where we can keep changing our profile in one and keeping the selections we like in another. I've been up at 9 for the past 3 days trying to get the body creme. The first day, I got pretty much everything I wanted (sub bb cream with grape fruit you da balm!). But because I had multiple windows opened, when I finally decided to choose my 6 samples and clicked submit, it said I had chosen 1 too many and all my window selections changed!
icon_cry.gif
At first I thought maybe I was tired so I didn't think too much of it. Tried it again the next day with multiple windows, SAME THING! Then finally today, before 9, I tried it with multiple windows just to see if that was the issue and turns out...yes it is -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

OH! I also notice that they won't give the option of having both the shea terra shampoo or body creme in the same selection window  -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sometimes I feel like Beauty Army only has ONE of everything well of those items people want the most: Shea Terra products or the Lashem or even the Pedicure pad. Once someone picks that item there are NONE left lol...thats how it feels for me. 

It was pretty easy for me to get the Shea Terra product to show up in my window I believe it was around 8:45AM when I made my selection and played around for a bit. Items came coming up where old items that I had seen in my last window opening but I think then I chose body, hair, & makeup ONLY and the Bath & body works came up along with the shea terra body butter. And thats when I made my selection I was not going to risk not having the items in my window be gone if I didn't pick them. 

But no matter how I took my quiz the Pedicure pad never came up for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really want to try it since its winter and well feet get super dry

Try choosing "Tools" when they just finish restocking the items. I played around with it so much that I kind of know what I choose leads to what results. For Shea Terra butter creme, it was "moisturizer." For Shea Terra shampoo or other hair products, it was hair. The pedicure pad is "tool," LashEm is "eyes area," and if you want the grapefruit You Da balm, choose "fruit" as the scent and "all natural" before the page where you pick the age.

I finally bit the bullet and joined:

NAILTIQUES 
FORMULA 2 NAIL PROTEIN

LIPSI COSMETICS 
APHRODITE POWDER

LASHEM 
MEASURABLE DIFFERENCE LASH GEL

SKINN COSMETICS 
TWIN SET (PINK TULIP)

YOU DA BALM 
TEA TREE LIP BALM

WHIP HAND COSMETICS 
LOCKED + LOADED LOOSE PIGMENT EYESHADOW

Aargh, I can't figure out how to make the images smaller!  Anyway.  I'm really happy about these items.  When I saw that they were going to have a pigment eyeshadow *series*, I immediately wanted to COLLECT THEM ALL, so that was a must-have!  To me, I will stick around until this series is over, so I'm basically paying $12 for these shadows, and then everything else is an added bonus.  I'm thinking I might give the Lashem to my aunt for her birthday.  She was looking at a similar product a while ago, and I'm not sure whether she ever tried it, but it would be a cheap-to-me, easy, but quality gift.  I love lip balm, and out of the three flavors, tea tree is my number one pick.  I don't have a finishing powder, and I specifically wanted a size to put in my makeup bag (I just realized I assumed this was in a jar as pictured!  It is, right?  Rather than in a packet?  IhopeIhopeIhope!).  I have a problem with peeling nails (one of the biggest reasons I keep my nails painted:  When I don't, I just pick at the developing peeling bits.  I've actually noticed that they don't seem to peel as much when they're painted, too).  

Overall, just a big box of win, although that's assuming I get everything.  If not, it will be very, very easy to cut this box loose.  I've been wanting to get one almost entirely because of the box itself, but I haven't wanted six items at the same time enough to actually get one -- until now.  We'll see how things go with this one.  (As a side note, I tend to have a hard time picking things out, which is part of the reason why I've been dragging my feet on picking out a box, especially when there's a chance that there might be different things if I wait one more day, so this might not last very long.)

I emailed member care and it was confirmed that both Shea terra samples will not show up together to give everyone a fair chance at it. I too agree with the person above who said it seems like there's just ONE shea terra sample. I've been trying daily to get the samples I want and I just wish that they would fix the system so that at least when you pick "moisturizers" they will actually pop up. Plus, a lot of the categories are repetitive. I posted on their wall that each month they should feature a different kit. Imagine a Shea Terra kit! I'd SO pick that over trying to get 6 random samples. Sometimes I tell myself I should just buy full sized Shea terra but the little sizes are so cute. I'm getting: -johnathan product dirt -lip duo in pink tulip -argan non foaming shampoo -Shea terra pumpkin creme -skinvie age defying lotion -whip hand eyeshadow

Here are my picks.

So out of the six items three are repeats - kind of. This is the 2rd month in a row that I'm able to pick Bath & Body Works this month in Sweet Pea, last month in Japanese Cherry Blossom (my favorite fragrance from B&BW) and the month before that something else that was "spicy". This is the 2nd month in a row that I was able to pick Skinn Cosmetics Twin Set (this time in Coral Poppy) and Yo Da Balm (this time in grapefruit). I received Pink Tulip last month (Skinn Cosmetics) and Tea Tree from You Da Bomb (which is the oddest fragrance to use in a lip balm). I have no qualms over the picks but wish Skinn Cosmetics would send them a sample foundation for members. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Hint, hint)

That's what I have been thinking...I had a few great months but I think unless they release other awesome products I may skip/cancel. Just picked my samples and haven't seen anything I want after those.

Latest posts

Back