Eye Makeup = Watery Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If I try to apply more eyeshadow than just a light layer, like if I'm trying to do a multi-color affect -- inevitably using more shadow, or if I go in around my under eye with shadow, or if I try to really blend shadows, my eyes go berserk for most of the morning, and even throughout the day. And I can't seem to wear any purple shadow/liner.

I don't use eye cream in the mornings anymore, only at night. I do use an eyeshadow primer which helps maintain some shadow/liner despite the watering, but my outer corners get pretty irritated from the tears and also from me dabbing at the tears. I bought some Visine, but I hate the thought of using that too regularly.

It helps a lot for me to use cream/ier shadows, I guess it minimizes the "dust." I love Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo, and I also really like the L'oreal Infallible 24 Hour shadows. A little pigment goes a long way, minimizing how much I need and it stays put all day. Perhaps using a slightly wet brush might reduce shadow dust too. I just bought some Almay shadows to see if those are any less irritating.

Any other thoughts?

Sorry to hear that you are going through that. Could it be that the purple eye color issue is from the lot dye or maybe an issue with the violet mineral colors. The issues are in being allergic to them. Check the ingredients and maybe do some testing again to see if that is the case. HTH

I will second BLee's comment you could be very sensitive to a pigment color, my first guess would be the red, next the dust.

It never seems to completely go away, but it sound like you are on the right path, wet to dry and creams.

Cou it be the brand? I know that some eyeliners do that to me as well. I also agree that it could be the dye/pigment. Be mindful what you put on so that you can determine which brands are causing this. Good luck!

Try avoiding applying eyeshadow too close to your lash line. If you like to apply eyeshadow to your lower lash line, use an angled brush for more precision and try not to get it into your water line. Otherwise, you can opt for pencil or liquid eyeliner closer to the lash lines. If that does not help, you are probably allergic to the makeup you are using. I've reacted to liquid eyeliner before (I was itchy and watery). I changed brands and I didn't have the same problem.

I suggest to do your eye shadow application very gently. Avoid to use any eye shadows with red pigment on it . To a lot of people this cause irritation and allergies around the eye area. That's why purple makes you sensitive, this have a red pigment on it. I will recommend to still using cream shadows. NARS cosmetics a a great selection on this ones!!!

Originally Posted by Artonit Makeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I suggest to do your eye shadow application very gently. Avoid to use any eye shadows with red pigment on it . To a lot of people this cause irritation and allergies around the eye area. That's why purple makes you sensitive, this have a red pigment on it. I will recommend to still using cream shadows. NARS cosmetics a a great selection on this ones!!!

Thank you for all your feedback. I will try to pay attention to whether it's particular brands giving me trouble. Have only tried a few brands' purples and they were some years apart. Might try a couple others to see what happens, still thinking there might be a purple mineral pigment that doesn't agree with me ;(

Great idea about the angled brush for the lower lash line. Also, just slowing down would probably help too, to keep powder from flying hither and thither. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The other day I went with a purple pallet by Palladio. Applied two of the purple shades over an eye primer with a slightly wet brush. Used both on top lid and under eye and as liner. Didn't use any other eyeliner but did apply mascara. No irritation all day. I think the wet brush kept dust down. Yeah for purple!

Originally Posted by Jessismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The other day I went with a purple pallet by Palladio. Applied two of the purple shades over an eye primer with a slightly wet brush. Used both on top lid and under eye and as liner. Didn't use any other eyeliner but did apply mascara. No irritation all day. I think the wet brush kept dust down. Yeah for purple!
*Happy dance with you*
claps.gif
got be able to wear purple e/c.

Latest posts

Back