Sign in to follow this  
Adrigirl81

Ulta Free Sample Choices

I just went to the online checkout on the Ulta website and noticed that now instead of choosing 3 individual samples, you have to pick from three options: 3 Piece Fragrance Sampler, 3 Piece Skincare Sampler, or 3 Piece Variety Sampler.  Not sure how I feel about having to blindly choose samples.  Hmmmm.   icon_rolleyes.gif  Not sure how long they have been doing this, since I haven't ordered from Ulta recently.  At least they're free...but I still like to pick!

That does suck. : Part of the fun is to be able to pick the samples you want... on sephora they always have samples, but do they know you wouldn't prefer trying such and such perfume over another, even if there are so many perfumes?

If that's the case, I'd go for perfumes. They're always the most expensive of the samples, and I'd just resell them on ebay if that were the case. Mwuhaha.

Oh no :( I ordered for the first time ever (no ulta near me) and I just received my parcel today with the samples I chose. If it's any consulation, I wouldn't mind this option if they sent out a sample beauty bag with every order over $35... My sample bag was AWESOME, more exciting than the products I ordered! It made my birchbox look sad lol. That bag plus the 3 samples, I was on cloud 9! I'm a sucker for these types of things.

I just recently made my first purchase from Ulta and I liked the samples I got. I chose the Ulta brand choice and got a small face wash sample, a lotion sample that is 2 oz, which is one once smaller than a Bath & Body Works mini (so good size for a "sample") and a full size eyeshadow! (it was in a really great shade, Golden Olive I believe). I really loved that I got that eyeshadow free, that alone made it worthwhile, since it isn't even sample sized. Very happy when I opened it up and saw that as one of the "samples". They also put 2 or 3 of the paper perfume samples in my box.

I've been a huge ULTA fan for years...I'm a Platinum Rewards member and get free samples all the time! The trick is to wait until they offer some amazing GWP (gift with purchase), which they do frequently, and place your order then. Also look for items that have a bonus gift with purchase and you can double up!

For example, here's my latest haul from ULTA:

The only two things that I actually purchased are the Tarte Brazilliance Self-Tanner and the Miracle Skin Transformer concealer.

I ordered during a 'Free Beauty Bag with $50 purchase' event, AND the Miracle Skin concealer came with a 'Free 3-Piece Flawless Skin Set with any purchase.' Plus their usual small offering of samples that you can choose from. I got 3 little foil packets with the Variety Sampler that I chose.

There are some amazing things that came in the free beauty bag, Ojon hair products, Catwalk dry shampoo, Pacifica Body lotion, and lots more. And even better, I had a 20% off coupon, plus $30 in reward dollars...so my $77 order came to about $30 bucks!

• Like 1

I placed my order when they were doing a free Clinique perfume sample bottle with ANY purchase, plus used the $3.50 of $10, so even with shipping I paid about $15 for everything (2 nyx lipsticks, a lip liner & 2 ulta shadows, plus all the samples). I really like that even though I didn't pay for the $35 perfume sample, I was given rewards points for it!! I was surprised when my account showed 42 points instead of the 8 or so I was expecting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• You might be in shape otherwise but still have a lump of fat jutting out from under your chin. And we agree, that totally spoils all the photos. But why don't you use makeup to get rid of double chin till such time you lose enough weight to get a chiseled jaw line? So even if you haven't managed to shed all that extra flab yet, but have a party that you just can't miss, don't get upset about the double chin. You can still use makeup cleverly to hide it and look fabulous in all your photos. Here are some makeup hacks that will come in handy:
    • The trick to take care of dry skin is to feed it with moisture. But, there's a drawback, we cannot overfeed it as it may lead to breakouts, acne, and pimples. Therefore, it is important to use the right product that helps to hydrate the skin without much harm.  So how do we combat dry skin?  Here are our favourite and effective product that helps to fight the dry flaky skin.  Cosrx - Hyaluronic Hydra Power Essence Hyaluronic Acid is the king of moisturization and this essence by Cosrx is full of it. It draws water into the skin and immediately moisturizes the dry & depleted skin.  Results: Skin is softer and moisturized, leaving bumpy and dry skin silky smooth. It's excellent for dry to normal skin types.  Some By Mi-H7 Hydromax Moisture Cream The name uses the word hydro max moisture to convey that nothing hydrates better than this! It soothes skin irritation, reduces skin redness and wrinkles. It also has a whitening effect and smoothes rough patches of skin. The 7 types of hyaluronic acid fill in from the deepest layer of the skin and create a barrier so that it can maintain the optimum moisture for a prolonged time. Make sure to use it after cleansing the skin.  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Face Masks are excellent for providing ample moisture and long term hydration to the skin.  Here are our recommendations: Eunyul- Natural Moisture Mask Pack Lined with green tea extract, the facemask works to provide ample moisture to the skin while the collagen helps to reboot the skin in a short time.  Missha-Airy Fit Sheet Mask (Cucumber) This eco-friendly rice cake sheet mask is 2 times thinner than a normal sheet mask. Cucumber helps to effectively help combat dryness while the thin sheet mask feels airy and lightweight. 
    • People tend to collect an amazing quantity of items over the years. Reasons for keeping items include an emotional attachment, an intention to reuse or fix the items in the future, or a wish to pass them on to others. However, for many items, if you haven't used them in over a year, you probably don't need them. Getting some help to get rid of all your rubbish isn't a bad move. Don’t want to do it yourself? These people have you covered. Leave all the heavy lifting work to them. With a professional firm like eMop, you don’t need to worry about the pick-up or disposal of those old items that you don't need any more.
    • In my opinion, Tinder is more like an application for finding a partner for one night. This is completely frivolous for me. If I look for a girl for myself, then I will start browsing serious sites. You can see an approximate review in this source. When a girl talks about marriage, this gives a better chance of a long and serious relationship.
    • Greetings! A variety of t-shirts are in fashion nowadays and I am going to share the most trendy ones: Plain White Tees - If you are thinking that plain white tees are getting out of fashion then you are wrong. Either you wear tuck tees with jeans or full sleeve plain white tees with jackets. They always look cool. Graphic T-Shirts - Yes, the craze of graphic tees is increasing not only in public but also among the celebs. Even the big brands like Nike and Gucci are also offering logo tees. You can also see some unique women graphic tees here. Colorful Dye T-Shirts - On the other hand, girls are also crazy to wear Dye t-shirts. You can see the following ones in this regard. What other tees trends do you think should females must follow in this regard? I am waiting for your responses and suggestions.   

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook