Yuzen - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OiiO

✿ Anastasia ✿
Reaction score
I just got my tracking # and figured I might as well start this thread since there wasn't one already :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They never seem to post any spoilers so each month it's a total surprise! This will be my first box and I've been waiting to subscribe until I was sure that this is not another terrible basement-operated business that buys their products off ebay.

So, who else is getting one this month? 

I'm sure a lot of people have never heard about this subscription so here's a little info:

• Price: $26/month, cancel anytime by using the contact form on their website
  • Brands: from the more famous ones Pangaea Organics, Coola, Teatulia, La Fresh, Cowgirl (full list here - http://www.yuzenbox.com/brands/)
  • What's in the box: a mix of eco-friendly, cruelty-free, natural and organic lifestyle and beauty products plus a sheet of authentic hand-crafted Yuzen paper (new paper each month, I thought it was a pretty cool touch). All products are either very generously deluxe-sized or full-sized.
  • When do they charge: you're first charged when you place your first order and they try to ship out your box asap, then between 5th to 10th of each month
  • Value: each month's box is valued at least $60
  • Referral program: as far as I know they don't have one yet

I'm curious, I don't think I'll sign up due to cost but I'm curious to see what they sent you.

I've been getting this one since they started so for 4 months.  I really like it.  It is a lifestyle box designed to balance your yen. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I really like it.  If you go to http://www.yuzenbox.com/brands/ It show the brands offered that month and the first part of the paragraph that is in blue is what we receive.  The size are deluxe to full size and I have been very zen with all my boxes.

Looks like a really nice box, if a little expensive. But I really don't mind that if the quality is good!

Mine too! I love that they ship it USPS Priority so I don't have to wait weeks to receive it after getting the tracking info.

Originally Posted by BrendaKaye2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine should be here tomorrow, can't wait to see what we got, I always love this box!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my tracking # and figured I might as well start this thread since there wasn't one already :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They never seem to post any spoilers so each month it's a total surprise! This will be my first box and I've been waiting to subscribe until I was sure that this is not another terrible basement-operated business that buys their products off ebay.

So, who else is getting one this month? 

I'm sure a lot of people have never heard about this subscription so here's a little info:

• Price: $26/month, cancel anytime by using the contact form on their website
  • Brands: from the more famous ones Pangaea Organics, Coola, Teatulia, La Fresh, Cowgirl (full list here - http://www.yuzenbox.com/brands/)
  • What's in the box: a mix of eco-friendly, cruelty-free, natural and organic lifestyle and beauty products plus a sheet of authentic hand-crafted Yuzen paper (new paper each month, I thought it was a pretty cool touch). All products are either very generously deluxe-sized or full-sized.
  • When do they charge: you're first charged when you place your first order and they try to ship out your box asap, then between 5th to 10th of each month
  • Value: each month's box is valued at least $60
  • Referral program: as far as I know they don't have one yet
 I am and so excited! I was able to take advantage of a deal for (1) month for $13.  I believe that deal is done.  So I won't feel too bad if the box is not so great.  From what I can see, it looks fabulous!

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been getting this one since they started so for 4 months.  I really like it.  It is a lifestyle box designed to balance your yen. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I really like it.  If you go to http://www.yuzenbox.com/brands/ It show the brands offered that month and the first part of the paragraph that is in blue is what we receive.  The size are deluxe to full size and I have been very zen with all my boxes.
Yuzen is one of my favorites, I would give up all my other box subs before I would give up Yuzen.  Everything they send is just so usable!  

Okay here's the box, but I'm still going through the contents and haven't tried anything except for the candy bar which is delicious!

Everything seems to be good sized, the toner and lip balm are both full-size, everything else is travel-size. My first impression: if Glossybox married Green Grab Bag, then Yuzen would be their baby! The sample sizes and price reminded me of Glossybox, and everything is natural and organic just like in GGB.

I will post more pictures later.

Small update: the toner alone retails for $44! http://www.zaega.com/savane-certified-organic-purifying-toner.html

More pictures! I also have a blog review up if anybody is interested (link in the siggy).

But overall I had a fantastic experience, all of the items are very high quality and the brands are all completely new to me. This is what I wanted from sample boxes - discoveries! 

@Beautyboxgal: I haven't tried them yet, planning to save them to use some time this weekend. But the scents are absolutely heavenly, especially the Mandarin one.

Note: Box retail value is about $73

OiiO - great review on your blog - thanks for the details. I would use all of those items.

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am and so excited! I was able to take advantage of a deal for (1) month for $13.  I believe that deal is done.  So I won't feel too bad if the box is not so great.  From what I can see, it looks fabulous!
 Just received my box, which I believe is the October box. Wonderful presentation from soup to nuts.  I've never heard of alot of the brands I received, except for pangea organics. I currently use their lip balm, which I think is the best ever!  I'm really excited about using all of the products. 

It's definitely worth the $26 monthly price.  Was happy to receive it at 50% off so I could try it.  I have to give up other boxes if I decide to sub this one!

I highly recommend it!

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my box, which I believe is the October box. Wonderful presentation from soup to nuts.  I've never heard of alot of the brands I received, except for pangea organics. I currently use their lip balm, which I think is the best ever!  I'm really excited about using all of the products. 

It's definitely worth the $26 monthly price.  Was happy to receive it at 50% off so I could try it.  I have to give up other boxes if I decide to sub this one!

I highly recommend it!
So happy you like Yuzen, its my favorite and it IS so worth the 26.00.  The best part?  NO DRAMA!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OiiO - great review on your blog - thanks for the details. I would use all of those items.
And yes I'm definitely keeping this sub, I feel like it's worth $26 and at some point they will have to introduce some sort of referral program to make it even sweeter.

I got this through the SpaFinder Wellness deal, so I only paid $13. I got my box yesterday and I have to say... I am more impressed with this than any other sub box I have ever received.

Perhaps because I signed up late (I got in right at the end of October) I seem to have gotten a box that's a mix of previous months' products:

Pangea Organics Facial Mask (1 fl oz)

Pangea Organics Facial Cream (1 fl oz)
JAMU Ginger Spice Massage Oil (2 fl oz)
Eco-Armour Bergamot + Pink Grapefruit Shave Cream (1.7 fl oz)
Snowflake Lip Balm (0.15 oz)
Nova Monda Chocolate Cacao Indio Ganache (4 oz)
Honey Stinger Organic Energy Chews (1.8 oz)

I really could not be happier. The only thing that will be going up for trade is the lip balm. I'm not normally a fan of food items in sub boxes but I have no problem with either of these! And I love the scents and ingredients in everything. I am obsessed with anything ginger-scented so you can imagine my happiness.

It was well worth the $13. Would I say it was worth $26? I'm undecided. Maybe if I cancelled some other subs to make room for this one, I could justify it, but I wouldn't want to pay $26/month on top of what I already pay for sub boxes every month right now.

They said people who bought the discount deal would not get the October box, instead their box would be something like Editors' Picks box with favorite products from past months. I love the selection of products in yours and I would have loved to receive it if I used the SpaFinder deal, too bad I only found out about it when it already ended.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this through the SpaFinder Wellness deal, so I only paid $13. I got my box yesterday and I have to say... I am more impressed with this than any other sub box I have ever received.

Perhaps because I signed up late (I got in right at the end of October) I seem to have gotten a box that's a mix of previous months' products:

Pangea Organics Facial Mask (1 fl oz)

Pangea Organics Facial Cream (1 fl oz)
JAMU Ginger Spice Massage Oil (2 fl oz)
Eco-Armour Bergamot + Pink Grapefruit Shave Cream (1.7 fl oz)
Snowflake Lip Balm (0.15 oz)
Nova Monda Chocolate Cacao Indio Ganache (4 oz)
Honey Stinger Organic Energy Chews (1.8 oz)

I really could not be happier. The only thing that will be going up for trade is the lip balm. I'm not normally a fan of food items in sub boxes but I have no problem with either of these! And I love the scents and ingredients in everything. I am obsessed with anything ginger-scented so you can imagine my happiness.

It was well worth the $13. Would I say it was worth $26? I'm undecided. Maybe if I cancelled some other subs to make room for this one, I could justify it, but I wouldn't want to pay $26/month on top of what I already pay for sub boxes every month right now.
I couldn't agree with you more!

Latest posts

Back