Best Opaque Pink/Nude Nail Polish? PLEASE HELP THANKS!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been hunting for ages for a wearable, everyday pinkish nude (or nude-ish pink) polish.  Could you please recommend a polish for me?  I have medium asian/yellow skin tone and I usually stay away from sheer polishes.  I would prefer if it's opaque in two coats or less haha.  

I briefly searched through this forum but didn't find a direct relevant thread either...but if there is one apologies if this is a repeated question.

Otherwise than that, since it would be a polish I wear often any price/brand is fine.  Would be awesome if I can buy it at Sephora though, since I live next to one...but definitely quality first priority thanks!

I don't know how pink you mean, but do a quick google search for Zoya's Touch collection swatches.  Scrangie has some good ones.  They are great quality and surprisingly opaque in two coats which is a really tall order for that sort of color.  I'm not entirely sure that I've seen nudish colors perform that level of opacity in only two coats outside of these recent Zoyas.  This collection has a slight pearly sheen to it, and the colors are meant to be flattering to most skintones.

Also check out Zoya's Winter Feel collection from last year. Kennedey or Avery may fit the bill. These are true creams.  They also are more opaque for a pastel shade than you are likely to find.

On their website, I think Zoya might be running a promotion for a free bottle of their remover with purchase, but I'm not sure if it's over.  They do promotions often once you are signed up.  You can otherwise find them at Ulta, but these colors are a bit older so they might not be in stock any longer.

Let me know what you think of the color selection.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have a bazillion bottles of polish and follow nail blogs pretty closely, and I really feel strongly that these guys have the best opacity in that range.  If you are worried about seeing the colors in person, you can always order color spoon samples that are sent to you cheaply so you can see them.  Then your color spoons' price is applied to your next order.

Oh thank you!  I just looked through swatches of both collections.  Of both collections Pandora from Touch is most similar to what I am looking for.  You are right that it's hard to specific how pink I would like.  I am looking for something more pink and possibly lighter than Pandora, Avery and Kennedey are too beige and too grey, respectively.

Pandora and Avery are gorgeous!  Even if they aren't the everyday color I am looking for they are still great colors, might just try them haha.

My favorite nudes:

Essie Eternal Optimist:

Swatch by me

Essie Topless & Barefoot

Source, Used with permission

Essie Lady Like:

Deborah Lipmann Naked:

Hope this helps!

Appreciate it!  I like the Lipmann Naked and Essie Topless & Barefoot swatches.  Do you know colors more pink than Deborah Lipmann's Naked?  I tried on Naked at the store but it still leaned slightly too dark and mauve-nude for me.  Thanks!

What about Zoya Piper?

Use the zoya website to put in the colors you want up at the top using the color finder; make sure you say full opacity and see what colors you are attracted to.  Then cross-reference for swatches on blogs.  Most blogs are good about telling you if they are two coats and how sheer it really was.

And be careful, it's a slippery slope...the next thing you know, you'll end up with a bunch of nail polishes.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh! Similar to me then! It also depends on if you have warm-toned or cool toned skin. I'm medium Asian skin with cool tones, so my favourite polish is Zoya Jaime. Can you have HG polishes? This is my HG pink polish. It always makes me feel like a princess.

http://zoya.com/content/38/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-Jaime.html Opaque in two coats (the first coat will look disgusting against your skin though).

it's not a particularly good photo, but you get the idea. Flower and sparkles were add-ons.

Oh, lol, I guess that's more straight-up pink than nudish pink. I'm not much help int hat department then, but I was interested in Essie's Topless & Barefoot as well so :3

Maybe Essie Flawless. It looks fairly pink in this picture but it doesn't look nearly this pink on me. Might be too pink. Ill hunt through my stash tomorrow some more for you.

These are all great colors, I need to guard my wallet!  I look forward to more recommendations!  I definitely also have medium color with cool skin tone as well, so Jaime looks cool but I wonder if it would be too lilac?

After looking through Zoya's website, what do you guys about Zoya's Jessika?

It's going to be fun placing my polish order with advice learned from awesome people on this forum! hehe
laughno.gif

Hmm did my reply get deleted?  Confused.

Anyways yes I am indeed medium with cool skin tone!  So Jaime seems nice but I've never tried lilac before..hmm ponder.  What do you guys think about Zoya's Jessika?

Really appreciate all you guys' advice~ :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by bwann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are all great colors, I need to guard my wallet!  I look forward to more recommendations!  I definitely also have medium color with cool skin tone as well, so Jaime looks cool but I wonder if it would be too lilac?

It's going to be fun placing my polish order with advice learned from awesome people on this forum! hehe
laughno.gif
Jaime definitely looks straight-up pink on me, so I don't think it'd be a problem. All the cool tones in my (your?) skin should balance it out.

After digging through my stash a little, another option I found is OPI It's Sheer Luck.

courtesy of http://polishaddict.com/2009/09/27/opi-its-sheer-luck-i-passed-the-bar-exam/

This is definitely one of my favourite nudes, and very flattering against skintones similar to mine. It might or might not be d/c though? I grabbed it in a discount bin for $4, but it seems to be pretty pricey everywhere online I've looked... :S now I feel like I should've grabbed two. /polish hoarding problems

Originally Posted by bwann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

laughno.gif

Jessika is a little more sheer than you implied that you wanted.  It's not entirely opaque. and even Zoya gives is a 1 out of 5 for opacity.  Although this is one of those situations where if you had a really opaque nude color like Cho or one of the other nude ones I mentioned, you can use a layer of that and then a layer or two of Jessika on top to make sure it's not transparent.  I often do that. 

Another colour I suggest is OPI's Cosmo-Not Tonight Honey. I couldn't find any good swatches of it online, so I took my own, but this is still a really crappy picture too XD; It just shows the colour more on medium skintones.

I would describe CNTH as a campaign-pink metallic nude. At some angles, it's darker than my skintone, but in this one, it's kind of light. It's also a 3-coat opaque polish, which is why you can see my VNL on two of my fingers (gggrrr so irritated about that). I did them in a hurry, which is why.

It's a really gorgeous classic yet chic colour, so a good investment. :3

Another shot; I was trying to capture the pinkness, but my shitty camera phone is obviously shitty.

Since it would be more practical to you to shop by Sephora, what about two OPI shades from the Germany Collection? "My very first Knockwurst" and "Don't Pretzel my buttons". The first has a very subtle pinkinsh undertone, the second is a bit warmer. I was looking myself for some nude shade and I stumbled on those at my local Sephora shop. Yet I've only tried them on and not bought... Love these colors, but at 13,90 for a nailpolish when Pupa is offering a full range of nude shades at one third of the price, that's not making OPI so appealing to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The best OPI nude that I have is definitely Barefoot in Barcelona. That color looks good on me all the time regardless of season or skin changes.

Source, used with permission

Edit: This is almost perfect in one coat as well. Two coats max.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The best OPI nude that I have is definitely Barefoot in Barcelona. That color looks good on me all the time regardless of season or skin changes.

Source, used with permission

Edit: This is almost perfect in one coat as well. Two coats max.
Such a nice nude, I've to check that out to my next trip to Sephora :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Too bad they're so expensive, but what really annoy me is that they're so big (referring to the amount of product inside). I already got one OPI which was ruined after I could not even go past the half. If they were coming in smaller bottles and were priced accordingly, probably I would pile on them. I really love the choice of colors they have, and how smooth one can apply them.

Just a question, what's this about a picking up opi at Sephora? I've never seen Sephora carry OPI, only Sephora by OPI, which is a sub brand that has its own colours like Nicole by OPI does. I don't think you can grab barefoot in Barcelona in that collection

In Italy I can buy OPI only at Sephora, and never saw any sub brand of it - I actually didn't know about this. At the local store I always saw only the original opi in their huge bottles.

I took as given it was the same in all Sephoras around the world, but maybe it's not...

Oh, that's interesting... come to think of it, I did actually see Katy Perr'ys collection when I was in Paris in Sephora, back in 2011. I never gave much thought to it, but that actually makes sense now I guess it's because OPI is a lot easier to get in the states... Ulta and probably half of all nail salons use OPI and you can buy it directly from those (though they're always the retail price). I know people have talked before about Sephora making deals with companies to get exclusive items, and I guess they just made an agreement with OPI for a complete sub-brand and collection. Here's a post I found a while back comparing OPI, S!OPI and N!OPI. Not my blog but I thought it was actualy super helpful: http://farawayuniverse.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/whats-the-difference-between-nicole-by-opi-versus-sephora-by-opi-and-opi-nail-polishes/ I would almost rather Sephora carry just OPI.... S!OPI is almost never on sale and is about $1 more expensive per bottle at retail price. It's always frustrating to shop for online because there are almost never any swatches of the colours.

Back