Cravebox Coffee Lover's Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one of my guaranteed box tokens because I *need* coffee.  Every few years, I kick the habit, but that usually only lasts a month or two before I get hit by the craving, and then it's all over again.  I'm a third- or fourth-generation Pacific Northwesterner (and I've lived my entire life within a hundred and fifty miles of Portland, where I was born, and sixteen of those years were spent in Seattle, and I'm back in Portland now) and half timber cutter (on my dad's side), so I am genetically programmed to love/need coffee!  I just hope that they send whole beans if they send coffee.  I grind mine down to Turkish grind and do the pourover thing.  It's the only way I can get it strong enough.  Medium grind just doesn't cut it, even when I do a sort of modified French press thing and let it steep for a few minutes before filtering.  My coffee motto:  If the spoon doesn't melt, it's not strong enough!  (I also have to temper it with milk in order to make my stomach not launch a rebellion, but it's worth it, plus it makes the flavor sort of stick to my tongue longer, so I can *taste* it better.)  

(And my coffee snobbery wants to go on an anti-pre-ground coffee rant, but I'll refrain from that because I'm still waiting for this morning's coffee to kick in!  It's taking a little extra time because it has to fight through this Martian death flu thing I have going on, but I seem to be in the home stretch as far as the MDF goes because I can actually pay attention to things for longer than ten seconds and don't want to crawl back in bed!  Yay!)

I just entered!  Hope I get this one!  And was excited to see Dog Lovers II is coming out this month too!  Yay!

It has been a while since Cravebox had a box I was interested in!  Good luck to all!

I used one of my guaranteed box selections as well - I hope they include one of the Toriani syrups from the Cooking Light box.

I did not enter because I only have a K-cup machine so if they send the bags of coffee how would I make it?

Um if you use a kcup machine like me you would use the gorund coffee in a my kcup filter instead of a regular kcup

You can buy the "k cup" you can refill at Target (it's kind of pricey like $18 for the keurig one).  I have 2 of the Keurig ones and one I bought on Amazon called Solofill cup it's 8.98.  We actually like our Solorfill one better than the Keurig one because it is easier to fill.  Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by classybroad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did not enter because I only have a K-cup machine so if they send the bags of coffee how would I make it?

We have a Keurig machine at work (one of our clients leases them and sells the K-cups, so the bosses decided to support our client by being a customer), and I have a coworker who uses the machine but opts for refillable k-cups for environmental reasons:  He likes freshly-brewed one-cup-at-a-time coffee (plus that's what we have available in the office), but he hates all the plastic waste that regular k-cups generate (and now that I think about it *that* way, I should switch as well, but I just keep sticking with the waste because free coffee!  I'm cheap/broke).

Originally Posted by RainbowClouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um if you use a kcup machine like me you would use the gorund coffee in a my kcup filter instead of a regular kcup
Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can buy the "k cup" you can refill at Target (it's kind of pricey like $18 for the keurig one).  I have 2 of the Keurig ones and one I bought on Amazon called Solofill cup it's 8.98.  We actually like our Solorfill one better than the Keurig one because it is easier to fill.  Hope that helps.
How much coffee do you put in the refillable k-cups?  I have one, but I tried it a few times and couldn't get it to taste good so I gave up and it's been in my cabinet for over a year. 

We either grind our own beans (we have a grinder, yes we are that much of coffee lovers!) and put them in the cup, but don't pack them down.  The same if you use loose preground coffee.  We do not often use the pre ground coffee because it is too fine.  Hope that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Rach212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How much coffee do you put in the refillable k-cups?  I have one, but I tried it a few times and couldn't get it to taste good so I gave up and it's been in my cabinet for over a year. 

I was never successful getting my k cup to work right it would make a huge mess when I tried no matter how little or much I put in it. I now have a keurig vue and it doesn't hava my kcup option yet but the cups are ab;le to be recycled which is good because of how much my household drinks at times.

I have a moka percolator that I purchased in Italy. It is for espresso but I am on the lookout for a perfect coffee machine.

Originally Posted by italiablu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a moka percolator that I purchased in Italy. It is for espresso but I am on the lookout for a perfect coffee machine.
try Nespresso. its similar to keurig, but I prefer the taste of the coffee. Its meant to be a 1 cup espresso maker, but the pressure brewed coffee is really good!

We either grind our own beans (we have a grinder, yes we are that much of coffee lovers!) and put them in the cup, but don't pack them down.  The same if you use loose preground coffee.  We do not often use the pre ground coffee because it is too fine.  Hope that makes sense.
Do you measure out a certain amount to be ground or of what you have ground?  I have a grinder as well (received a gift of a grinder and some beans) but just can't seem to get it right

My husband usually makes the coffee and he is very mathmatical and precise!  He does 2 scoops (they came with our french press it says coffee 7gr/0.25 oz per cup) he does I think a french press grind and then shake the grounds into the cup, don't press or force them.  For the bag he just shakes or scoops in, not packing or pressing.  The preground to me is always meh but I like the fresh ground beans.  Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by Rach212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you measure out a certain amount to be ground or of what you have ground?  I have a grinder as well (received a gift of a grinder and some beans) but just can't seem to get it right

I had no idea this even existed!

I found out about them because I was trying to deal with my "green guilt" (aka the fact k cups are not recycleable).  If any coffee lover is intersted we do have one of the Keurig reuseable K cup ones unopened new in box.  If you would like to trade for something.  We got our Keurig from Costco when it comes with the keurig, reuseable k cup and like 30 k cups.  Since we already had one we haven't used this one.

Originally Posted by classybroad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had no idea this even existed!

Latest posts

Back