QOTD 11/16/2012: Blue, green, purple, yellow... Would you wear a different color lipstick/gloss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would wear all of those given the right situation (ie going out dancing, concert, other random events).  The only ones I probably wouldn't wear on a daily basis are the greens, black and blue. The other pinks, oranges and reds are normal to me. That first lipstick that is dark purple is awesome and I would wear that any day of the week!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most women prefer lipsticks or lip glosses that are neutral, red or pink but would you wear a different color one other than for Halloween?

Images from Lime Crime's Facebook.​
No! None of these appeal to me except maybe the muted pink.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would wear all of those given the right situation (ie going out dancing, concert, other random events).  The only ones I probably wouldn't wear on a daily basis are the greens, black and blue. The other pinks, oranges and reds are normal to me. That first lipstick that is dark purple is awesome and I would wear that any day of the week!
That's poisonberry. It's so pretty! Have to agree w/ you - I wouldn't wear green, black or blue either.

I wear purple pretty often. But a couple times have left home with green or blue. Ever since Inglot launched their line of blue lipsticks I've died and a half because there's literally a blue for every tone. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And finally I can wear one nicely.

Wow - if I had lips like that, I'd definitely wear all sorts of colors.  I look ridiculous in anything other than pink.  I'd die to be able to convincingly wear red without looking silly.  I don't know if it's my skin tone or the shape of my lips, or something about my other features, but I just look ridiculous in darker shades.

Originally Posted by CherBear711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow - if I had lips like that, I'd definitely wear all sorts of colors.  I look ridiculous in anything other than pink.  I'd die to be able to convincingly wear red without looking silly.  I don't know if it's my skin tone or the shape of my lips, or something about my other features, but I just look ridiculous in darker shades.
Could also depend on your usual makeup look. Usually with bold lips you never want to do bold eyes or cheeks. Unless you're into the editorial fad. But also I feel that you have to be very okay with the bold look and really attempt to own it regardless of what other people may think (or judging yourself based on their opinions). I'd say, experiment at home and post some pics in a thread and see what the makeup comm has to say. We're way cooler than the general public anyway. 
reddance.gif

Originally Posted by ScarletNight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could also depend on your usual makeup look. Usually with bold lips you never want to do bold eyes or cheeks. Unless you're into the editorial fad. But also I feel that you have to be very okay with the bold look and really attempt to own it regardless of what other people may think (or judging yourself based on their opinions). I'd say, experiment at home and post some pics in a thread and see what the makeup comm has to say. We're way cooler than the general public anyway. 
reddance.gif
biggrin.gif
Love this idea, and thank you for the encouragement!!

Back