Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't notice a thread on this yet and we're only four days away from choosing our styles.  Can you believe it's almost December?

Anyways, I found a sneak peak on a blog today of what's going to be in the boxes...

It's from the "My Subscription Addiction" blog.  Hopefully it's okay to link it.  If not let me know!

Eek!! I really want to try that foot scrub! And hopefully the glitter polishes will be easy to take off. I hate when glitter polish WILL NOT COME OFF... It deters me from using them often.

Yes!  Most of the time I just pick the glitter off...harsh on the nails, but so much easier.  That purple in the picture looks gorgeous though.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holiday glitters! Then I'm canceling lol.
LOL dont we say this every month
uglyhammer.gif

Is there any benefit in cancelling since you can always skip the month? 

So I'm not tempted lol. I've realized I'm usually on the fence about boxes and I'm not a huge fan of the formulas. I think I'd rather just go to Trade Secret, Sephora, or whatever store and buy polishes myself. Zoya is my favorite brand at the moment and I could just splurge and treat myself every other month if I cancel Julep....who knows, I may get back on the wagon later. But I'll cancel and just watch for a while. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I'm not tempted lol. I've realized I'm usually on the fence about boxes and I'm not a huge fan of the formulas. I think I'd rather just go to Trade Secret, Sephora, or whatever store and buy polishes myself. Zoya is my favorite brand at the moment and I could just splurge and treat myself every other month if I cancel Julep....who knows, I may get back on the wagon later. But I'll cancel and just watch for a while.
smile.gif
Ah!  That makes sense!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love glitters!  I'm excited haha.  Also kind of a pedi freak so I'll dig being able to try the foot scrub.  We'll see about the ring.  I have the skull ring and skull bracelet from Halloween and they are both staples in my wardrobe now (it's Halloween every day for me) so I can't imagine I won't end up digging the DIY ring :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Cool, looking to be a good months, so long as they can get over the shipping debacles of their new website month.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eek!! I really want to try that foot scrub! And hopefully the glitter polishes will be easy to take off. I hate when glitter polish WILL NOT COME OFF... It deters me from using them often.
There's the elmer's glue trick - just type in elmer's glue glitter nail polish into google - lots of sites have instructions; but basically if you use the glue as a base you can literally just peel it off for easy-peasy glitter removal.

Originally Posted by Margo Julianna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's the elmer's glue trick - just type in elmer's glue glitter nail polish into google - lots of sites have instructions; but basically if you use the glue as a base you can literally just peel it off for easy-peasy glitter removal.
yup, there is also felt and the foil trick. Lots of easier ways to get the polish off. 

I have no idea if I'll be skipping or not.  Even if I like the colors I might skip just cause I will be spending money on holiday shopping and such.  Don't know yet.  Guess I'll have to see what the colors are.

Colours are up! They also have swatches against different skin colours now, awesome!

Bombshell

Cindy: Emerald green metallic with gold micro-glitter

HilaryFull-coverage copper multidimensional glitter

It Girl

Ivy: Dynamic sapphire micro-glitter metallic

Vivien: Champagne bubbles – a full coverage multidimensional gold glitter

Harper: Full-coverage opalescent mermaid blue multidimensional glitter

American Beauty

Julia: Purple orchid metallic with gold micro-glitter

Patti: Full-coverage black multidimensional glitter

Boho Glam

Petra: Cranberry magenta with silver shimmer

Jordan: Full-coverage silver gunmetal multidimensional glitter

Classic with a Twist

Barbara: Full-coverage magenta multidimensional glitter

Scarlet: Vibrant red micro-glitter metallic

Lol, yes..I'm finally going to follow through this time. I had to hold out for glitters!
Mines was the Suede's I was holding out for..

Mreh. I'm not a fan of glitters in general, so none of the boxes are THAT appealing to me. I love Cindy and I'm really into the idea of Julia, but I feel like that looks like a Zoya Daul type dupe and that colour was a huge disappointment on me. I'm still going to pick the AB box though since nothing else really appeals to me at all. and I'm mostly in it for the addons.

The glitter and glow collection feaures: Vivien, Carly, Kathleen, Harper, Hilary

Harper and Hilary are already in this month so it kind of deters from getting Bombshell and It Girl. Maybe I'll get multiples of the Glitter and Glow and do a blog giveaway.

I'm switching to It Girl with Hilary and Patti as add-ons.  I'm a sucker for glitters.  
icon_lol.gif

Edited...

Maybe.  I went to skip because I just now looked at Sephora's Black Friday sale and I figured I'd rather buy presents than nail polishes.  When I did go to skip, it said the golden boxes this month will be the "Oprah's Favorite Things" curated box.  That'd be awesome to get, but gosh..this is a tough decision for me! 

Anyone know if they will also be offering a Maven's Choice box within the next few days? Seems they have done that for the past two months.....

There's not one particular box that I can say I "love," but there are a few polishes I'm really into but they're not being offered together.

Latest posts

Back