Sign in to follow this  
zadidoll

Birchbox: December 2012

While I'm waiting for my camera's batteries to charge I took these pics with my cellphone.

700 700

Out of everything in the box I have to say One Love Organics is something I WILL buy full size. I'm loving the smell of it.

It seems like the welcome boxes have been really great! From pictures I've seen, this month's welcome box included an Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner, the Mox Botanicals Lip Butter, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, a Juicy Couture perfume, and a cute heart nail file! December looks even better!

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

While I'm waiting for my camera's batteries to charge I took these pics with my cellphone.

700 700

Out of everything in the box I have to say One Love Organics is something I WILL buy full size. I'm loving the smell of it.

Which scent did you get? Isn't the serum sooooo wonderful?! I love the way it makes my skin feel. It's definitely a nice luxury item.

i got the rose as a sample (and i usually hate rose scents) and bought full size i never thought id spend so much money on a body oil but im CRAZY about it... i wish there was a way to sample the rest of the scents (im very sensitive to scents so i cant just buy something withouy smelling it

Contact One Love Organics about it. Tell them you got a sample from Birchbox and ended up buying a full size but would like to know if they have other samplers they can send you because you're sensitive to scents and can't commit to purchasing something else if you're not sure if you'll have a reaction to it or not. All they can say is no.

Contact One Love Organics about it. Tell them you got a sample from Birchbox and ended up buying a full size but would like to know if they have other samplers they can send you because you're sensitive to scents and can't commit to purchasing something else if you're not sure if you'll have a reaction to it or not. All they can say is no.

http://oneloveorganics.com/blog/shop-faq/

Originally Posted by morre22 View Post

I just re-subbed to Birchbox, I wonder if I will get this box then..

if you reopened your old account, you shouldn't get a welcome box afaik.

If they won't send you samples of the oil, I also really like the body oils weleda makes ones I also really like and you can check them out at target.  (Although, now I might put mine into a spritzer bottle after using the OLO ones.)

I contacted them last week and they had told me that they gave all their aromatic body serum samples to Birchbox to send out. They are thinking about making a sample pack with them after the holidays to add in their shop though, so keep an eye out for that!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

if you reopened your old account, you shouldn't get a welcome box afaik.

Yeah, I just resubbed too and got box 1.  I also saw multiple people getting their good boxes switched to this box too which really sucks imo.  This must be a leftover box.  I hope they step it up for December...

I asked and this is what they said

Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

Yeah but it doesn't include the aromatic body serum.

Hi Alexandria,

We sent Birchbox all of the samples we made of the aromatic body serums. We are not debuting the oils on our own website until after the New Year so we will not produce additional body oil samples until after Christmas. We will try and offer these in trial packs at that time. Our sample packs have been extremely popular so we will do our best to offer body oil sample packs as well. Check on our site after January 1st for more information about body serum sample packs.   The sample packs are single use samples that range from 3-5 ml and the Birchbox samples are 8 ml. However, the 8 ml sample is exclusive to Birchbox and we won't reproduce those.   One of the reasons we created the body oils is that I hate lotion! I have never liked the sticky feels it leaves on the skin. A light body oil however is very silky and light and leaves the skin beautifully scented. The Neroli has been extremely popular!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.   Warmly, Suzanne

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM,  wrote:
You have received a message from One Love Organics. Message details are as follows:

Date and Time: Wednesday 14th November 2012 00:18:41

Message: Hi, I heard about your company through birchbox, and I really liked their product spotlight video on the body serum. I wanted to know if there was a way to get a sample of the body serum in Neroli and Rose. I see that there are sample packs for sale, and I was wondering how big are the samples, the size of what was sent in the birchboxes? And if they are, I wanted to know if there is a way to guarentee that I get the Neroli and Rose because those especially are the ones I wanted to try. Im really intrigued with the idea of a body serum rather than a lotion. If its not possible, I totally understand, but im dying to try the Neroli out because thats one of my favorite scents.

sooo tempted to join, just for the Mary Lou Manizer! I requested an invite yesterday I think, so I don't think I'll get December :( and is the Mary Lou Manizer a full size?

literally looked down and my thumb and went---->  D:   k maybe not... I have ipsy, BA and Julep as monthly subs I should stop there, since now it's my bf's turn to pay for everything, cuz it's his fault I can't work...

So just to confirm--are all 'welcome' gifted boxes for each month the same? That box looks pretty great :). Is the Mary Lou Manizer about the same size as the Ipsy eyeshadow sample? 

So just to confirm--are all 'welcome' gifted boxes for each month the same? That box looks pretty great :). Is the Mary Lou Manizer about the same size as the Ipsy eyeshadow sample? 
Yep..about the same size.

Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

Actually, the Mary Lou is a bit bigger:

Perfume samples don'ts seem to be popular around here, but I quite like getting them, and I hope Birchbox partners with more perfume makers for December's box. I'd love it if the Birchbox store offered more perfumes. *Cough* Flowerbomb *Cough*

• Like 1

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Perfume samples don'ts seem to be popular around here, but I quite like getting them, and I hope Birchbox partners with more perfume makers for December's box. I'd love it if the Birchbox store offered more perfumes. *Cough* Flowerbomb *Cough*

I actually love getting perfume samples too! I have a nice perfume sample stash that I reach for often. It's fun to mix things up every now and then.