First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In one of my beauty box subscriptions I received a 2 oz tube of First Aid Beauty's Smooth Shave Cream (retail: $7.50). Having used other First Aid Beauty products, which I've enjoyed, I thought I would like this as well unfortunately I didn't care for it.

I found that even applying a thin amount to wet skin that the cream would stick to the razor blade and I would have to bang the razor against the tub several times to get the cream out. Using hot water to "melt" the cream off the razor blade also did not help. My razor blades would become dull and ruined after one use and normally I can get several uses from my blade before it would become dull.

For me the First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream was a dud, I won't be buying a full size (retail: $16.50, 6.8 oz).

Directions on Sephora's website:

• Apply a thin layer of shave cream to moistened, cleansed skin.
  • Shave and rinse.

I was not a fan either.  I was hoping it would be awesome and it just didn't do a better job than my $3 Gilette.  Combine this with the fact I started using this on vacation and with that horrible Schick Hydro razor from BB.  Yowza!

I did try the FAB shave cream after the Hydro debacle and it is still meh.  I am committed to finishing it (when travelling) as I hate to throw it away and can't trade a used product!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am committed to finishing it (when travelling) as I hate to throw it away and can't trade a used product!
I know how you feel! I barely used any and while I can't stand it I don't want to throw it out since that will be a waste. I'm determined to use it up even if it's ruining my razors... going to use the cheap men razors to see if that will be better.

I used the whole tube and didn't like it. It did stick inside my razors and I'd end up with patches of hair. Yuck.. this was a fail for me.

I finally finished this up. I did find it moisturizing...but as others mentioned, it was hard to rinse out of the blades. Wouldn't repurchase.

I guess I'm the different one here. I liked it, and would consider buying more. I just used a tiny thin bit to shave, so it lasted a long time. Maybe the key is to just use a little?

I use a little as well and warm it up in my hands to thin it out a bit more it just clogs my razors.

MIne is lasting forever. I use a very tiny amount and smooth it on thinly. I like it, but not for that price point. Barabasol shave cream from Dollar Tree, is my go to when I'm not using Veet.

It reminds me of the Whoosh shaving cream in consistency & application.  I would have to agree with some of the previous posters that it builds up in my blades, almost immediately, and is very difficult/impossible to rinse off.  If you like FAB cream, you'll love Whoosh.  If you don't, you will not like Whoosh either.

Back