Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was an item featured in the November 2012 Sample Society box. I'm wondering what did you ladies think about it? Hit or miss? 

This double-duty formula can be used as both a deeply nourishing treatment that helps to repair split ends and environmental damage, and as a color protecting style primer. Made with strengthening organic bamboo and smoothing organic kendi oil, it banishes frizz and imparts intense shine while providing vital nutrients. 

I received this from Sample Society as well.  I liked the scent but for being a "dry oil" it seemed quite heavy/greasy to me.  I did spray a bit on my hairbrush today when my hair was all full of static electricity and fly-aways and it did seem to help.  I guess I'm still on the fence here.

I like the hair brush method.. I have used my whole sample up and traded for more.. my hair eats up serums and oils. O_O it can be a bit heavy, but works well for my hair.

I love the Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Mist. The spray is easier to apply than other oils I've tried and my hair is so soft and manageable. My hair was dry like straw before I started using it. I received my 1 oz sample from Beautyfix and it has lasted me nearly three months - my hair isn't long and I only need a spray or two. I just got another 1 oz sample from a Sephora It Kit.

This stuff is amazing. It's a smoothing treatment, heat protectant, leave in, and shine spray all in one. It's just too expensive for me. 28.00 a pop and I have long hair so I was using a bottle monthly.

I use that every alternate wash day and it works great for smoothing the frizzies. I just wish it came with a pump instead of a dropper. I alternate this with the Biolage Exquisite Oil which comes with a pump and works even better than this.

This is such an old post but I had to bump it.

This dry oil has become my HG for soft hair. I spray it in my hands and apply it by starting on the underside and working out. To me it works better than Moroccan Oil. I even got my hair stylist hooked on it
eek.gif

I have seen this product in the place that I go to get my hair done. I have thought about purchasing it a few times and noticed the story in Sample Society. I still haven't bitten the bullet and decided to use it. The article was fantastic and my hair dressers sales pitch are all very tempting, but I have blown tons of money on closets full of hair product that didn't do anything for my hair. I am looking for products to help improve the quality of my hair. I started taking a supplement which has really helped with the stength and length of my hair. Anything else that can help improve the look and feel of my hair is something I am open to.

Back