A common problem. A hateful best friend.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My problem is that my best friend hates my boyfriend. Yes hates, and everytime I talk to her every other conversation ends with her witching about how much she hates him. He has no problem with her and does his best to stay away from her and be nice. It's been going on for about 3 or so month now. How do I get her to just get over it? How do I tell her, her contanst talk about it pushes me away? Mostly how do I get it too stop? The most difficult part is that I live with her and her boyfriend. So whatever I do if something goes wrong I feel like I'll be thrown under the bus. What should I do?

Do you know why your bestfriend is hating your boyfriend that much?

I agree with the poll that you move out and back with your mother. You would feel much secure and not worry about being kicked out or whatsoever if the fire bursts uncontrollably.

Bestfriends either know what is and what is not best for you. If you had been friends for a long time, I guess she should understand that your relationship with your boyfriend is your choice and not other people.

As I do not have any idea why your bestie is hating, I know you do not want to hurt her feelings and push yourself away from your friendship.

If you're name is on the lease then you're stuck living with her until it's up. If you name is not on the lease give her 20 days WRITTEN notice that you'll be moving out.

I've been in these situations before where my friends hate my boyfriend.  Usually, they turn out to be right.  I would ask her why she doesn't like him.  Maybe there's something there that you don't want to see. 

I too actually have this same issue.  I know why my best friends dislike him.  Its a long story and wont get into it but its not because of the way he treats me or anything. I've told them that I respect their opinions but when it all comes down to it I had to tell them that it's my life and my relationship and I will do as I please.  It all depends on how much they value your friendship, if they value your friendship they will learn to get over the disliking of your boyfriend or at least stop complaining to you about it.

Back