Golden Tote

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ordered from Golden Tote? I just got my first tote yesterday and I really loved it.

It's a subscription box type site for clothing (it's not a subscription though - they have a sale period each month). You choose your first 1-2 items and they surprise you with the rest. The first option is $49 for a tote of 2-3 items worth up to $250 retail. The second option is $149 for a tote of 5-7 items worth up to $600 retail.

I went to sign up for the $49 tote just to try it out, but when I looked at the options for the $149 I got to choose two things I really loved that were worth the amount I was paying for the whole tote already. It's a bit pricey if you're going to do it monthly but I think it's worth it for every once in a while. The clothes are great quality and you get a good amount for what you pay. Plus the surprise aspect is so fun!

Can you show pictures of what you received? I have been interested in this.....

I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos I took them with my phone and they don't really do the clothes justice. The first three items I got can be seen better on the site though (if you go to "shop now").

This scarf is sooo soft.

You can see this dress better here, but mine is obviously solid black rather than striped.

I really really want to purchase this tote cause I am IN LOVE with the Aztec Sweater, I have been going back and forth almost everyday (Which prolly means I should just do it) I only wish I could find more reviews to help me liberate the 160 dollars from my wallet, and now when we are so close to the December Sale, I m scared if I buy this month something better will be in the December bag................seeing yours is pushing me to just hit order though LOL

Brand New, The Makes of the Puella Line started this as a way of cleaning out their warehouse of overstock and now they have hooked up with other awesome designers to make a "Fashion Box" much like the Beauty Subs we get

Originally Posted by messylaughter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really really want to purchase this tote cause I am IN LOVE with the Aztec Sweater, I have been going back and forth almost everyday (Which prolly means I should just do it) I only wish I could find more reviews to help me liberate the 160 dollars from my wallet, and now when we are so close to the December Sale, I m scared if I buy this month something better will be in the December bag................seeing yours is pushing me to just hit order though LOL
My Subscription Addiction just posted a review with pictures:

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2012/11/golden-tote-november-2012-review-womens.html

I ordered the $49 dollar tote on a whim this month.  I was fully expecting to have to return it (which is an option!) as I have a more curvy figure and expected the clothes to be too small.  I received the same striped sweater pictured (that is the item I chose) and the same cream and grey eternity scarf pictured as well as a brown and burgandy striped open front cardigan (so soft.....really love).  I loved everything and the sweater fit perfectly!  I am hoping they will consider different body types when sending out future totes as now I am afraid I am hooked!  I would be a little nervous to plunk down the $150 but like that the whole thing can be returned if you are unsatisfied or if the items don't fit.  I also see they will be offering a gift tote as well.....eeeekkk......

Originally Posted by Javaprincess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the $49 dollar tote on a whim this month.  I was fully expecting to have to return it (which is an option!) as I have a more curvy figure and expected the clothes to be too small.  I received the same striped sweater pictured (that is the item I chose) and the same cream and grey eternity scarf pictured as well as a brown and burgandy striped open front cardigan (so soft.....really love).  I loved everything and the sweater fit perfectly!  I am hoping they will consider different body types when sending out future totes as now I am afraid I am hooked!  I would be a little nervous to plunk down the $150 but like that the whole thing can be returned if you are unsatisfied or if the items don't fit.  I also see they will be offering a gift tote as well.....eeeekkk......
I saw on their facebook that they will be offering a quiz starting in February to personalize the totes better. I was afraid that the clothes might not fit because I'm definitely an hour glass shape and a lot of tops won't fit well in the bust and the stomach but everything fit perfectly. I can't wait to see what else they have to offer.

The December Sale went up late last night, I haven't even got my November Tote Yet, (I only ordered it last week) But I snagged both a $149 tote and an $49 Accessorize tote, LOL pretty glad that the next sale isn't until the end of February!! Then again I may go through a withdrawal waiting for it!

The December Sale went up late last night, I haven't even got my November Tote Yet, (I only ordered it last week) But I snagged both a $149 tote and an $49 Accessorize tote, LOL pretty glad that the next sale isn't until the end of February!! Then again I may go through a withdrawal waiting for it!
I ordered my tote today too. I'm thinking about asking my boyfriend to get me the $49 accessory tote for Christmas, but I just have sooo many scarves I'm afraid to get more haha I'm excited that they are skipping January because 1) I can save some money and 2) it will be much more personalized when they come back and so the totes will be even more tailored to our likes. YAY!

These are nice, though I can't quite see the designers/brands on the clothes. I love that they are right on trend, though.

Gotta say I m feeling a bit underwhelmed with CS at Golden Tote, Last Thursday I made a comment on someone else's review on FB and even though I had just ordered my November tote that day Golden Tote sent me a fb post saying they had packaged my tote and would be shipping it the next day, needless to say I was A) Stoked and B) pretty impressed with their customer service as they connected my order and my FB!  My email tends to spam all kinds of things so on Sunday I asked if there was a tracking number for my shipment and they almost immediately responded (yay fast response)  and told me that they had "Personally" Packed my tote on Friday (waiiiit I thought you said Thursday) but because they had to ship it by USPS instead of UPS they would be shipping it out Monday and would send me my tracking number...............its now Friday again, no tracking number and they have not responded to my further request :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BOO URNS 

Now I wonder if they plan on shipping my November and December Orders together to save on Shipping though I paid for shipping on both orders :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I

Gotta say I m feeling a bit underwhelmed with CS at Golden Tote, Last Thursday I made a comment on someone else's review on FB and even though I had just ordered my November tote that day Golden Tote sent me a fb post saying they had packaged my tote and would be shipping it the next day, needless to say I was A) Stoked and B) pretty impressed with their customer service as they connected my order and my FB!  My email tends to spam all kinds of things so on Sunday I asked if there was a tracking number for my shipment and they almost immediately responded (yay fast response)  and told me that they had "Personally" Packed my tote on Friday (waiiiit I thought you said Thursday) but because they had to ship it by USPS instead of UPS they would be shipping it out Monday and would send me my tracking number...............its now Friday again, no tracking number and they have not responded to my further request :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BOO URNS 

Now I wonder if they plan on shipping my November and December Orders together to save on Shipping though I paid for shipping on both orders :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I
Did everything get sorted for you?

I just got my December tote! I love most of it! I can't get enough of Golden Tote haha Pictures below! The thing I love about the $149 tote is that most of the time they've got two items out of 4 that I love and make it worth the price alone. The other stuff is like free presents. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Random note, but the tote bag itself is actually MUCH better quality this month. It's got braided rope handles and the canvas is thicker. Nice quality!

There was also a little baggie of hair ties, but my boyfriend seems to have run off and misplaced them.

Black Lace Cami Dress by Collective Concepts ($78)

I LOVE this. It's super adorable and I will be wearing it with some red or snowflake tights for Christmas. More pictures on Golden Tote ($149 tote)

Peek-a-Boo Pocket Sweater by Under Skies ($68)

This is really comfortable. More pictures on Golden Tote ($149 tote)

Multi-Stripe French Terry Shirt (Brown) by Puella ($62)

This is a bit daring for me, but it's comfy enough to even just wear around the house. Pictures of it in black can be found on Golden Tote ($49 tote).

Black Pocket Sweater by One Teaspoon ($96 AUD/$101 USD?)

http://oneteaspoon.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?id=24475 (this is the closest thing I found on the site so I'm just guessing on the retail)

Very nice, basic black sweater. I'll be getting a TON of wear out of this.

Blue Striped Leggings by Mak (?)

These are really nice quality. Again I may not wear these out. I'm toying with the idea, but they're very comfy for wearing at home too. More pictures can be seen on Golden Tote ($49 accessory tote)

Aztec Scarf by ? (?)

This scarf is so soft. More Pictures can be seen on Golden Tote ($49 accessory tote)

Striped Maxi Dress by Puella ($88)

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopdress-viewall/26789941.jsp

I actually don't really care for maxi dresses in general. I got one in my last tote and haven't worn it yet. Both are very nice but just not really my style. This one is actually interesting because of the gathering in the middle. We'll see if I get around to wearing either.

Originally Posted by fate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my December tote! I love most of it! I can't get enough of Golden Tote haha Pictures below! The thing I love about the $149 tote is that most of the time they've got two items out of 4 that I love and make it worth the price alone. The other stuff is like free presents. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Random note, but the tote bag itself is actually MUCH better quality this month. It's got braided rope handles and the canvas is thicker. Nice quality!

There was also a little baggie of hair ties, but my boyfriend seems to have run off and misplaced them.

I LOVE this. It's super adorable and I will be wearing it with some red or snowflake tights for Christmas. More pictures on Golden Tote ($149 tote)

This is a bit daring for me, but it's comfy enough to even just wear around the house. Pictures of it in black can be found on Golden Tote ($49 tote).

http://oneteaspoon.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?id=24475'>http://oneteaspoon.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?id=24475 (this is the closest thing I found on the site so I'm just guessing on the retail)

These are really nice quality. Again I may not wear these out. I'm toying with the idea, but they're very comfy for wearing at home too. More pictures can be seen on Golden Tote ($49 accessory tote)

Aztec Scarf by ? (?)

This scarf is so soft. More Pictures can be seen on Golden Tote ($49 accessory tote)

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopdress-viewall/26789941.jsp'>http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopdress-viewall/26789941.jsp

I actually don't really care for maxi dresses in general. I got one in my last tote and haven't worn it yet. Both are very nice but just not really my style. This one is actually interesting because of the gathering in the middle. We'll see if I get around to wearing either.

Originally Posted by fate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://oneteaspoon.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?id=24475 (this is the closest thing I found on the site so I'm just guessing on the retail)

Aztec Scarf by ? (?)

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopdress-viewall/26789941.jsp

Yes everything got sorted with my November tote and I LOVED IT, Those girls are amazing,  I am waiting for my December and Accessory Totes (I m soo bad LOL), I see you got some of the items from the Accessory tote in your $149.00, so I am interested in seeing both of mine and if I get Dups?  I think they should arrive Friday (Fingers Crossed) 

Yes everything got sorted with my November tote and I LOVED IT, Those girls are amazing,  I am waiting for my December and Accessory Totes (I m soo bad LOL), I see you got some of the items from the Accessory tote in your $149.00, so I am interested in seeing both of mine and if I get Dups?  I think they should arrive Friday (Fingers Crossed) 
My boyfriend bought me the accessory tote too. I'm not opening it until Christmas though. I'm hoping there are no dupes, but some of the items I got were indeed shown in the pictures from the accessory tote. I'm so excited to open it! I hope I get that grey hat :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Post some pictures when you get your December tote!

I ordered the December $49 tote and received the same striped maxi dress pictured above but in tan/black, the cream, grey and black color block sweater and a set of hair ties.  I saw on another blog that most people also received a scarf in this tote which I did not.  Just for fun, I emailed CS and they told me that it was an oversight and that they would send me one right away.....yeah!  I was already happy with the two items plus the ties, so this makes it even more special!  I too am a little hesitant about the dress.....I tried it on with a jean jacket and liked it better but the waist is a little wonky on me.  I think I will be more inclined to wear it in the spring as I live in New England so it doesn't really appeal to me right now.  It is however, very nice quality and really soft and cozy. 

I would LOVE to see pics of the gift totes if anyone has them.  I am still thinking about ordering one or the other....or both...as they still have them available. 

I am officially addicted to Golden Tote.....It is my new favorite thing ever ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was addicted to Stitch Fix but this is more fun and much less expensive ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back