I ordered the $149 tote on the 7th. It says processing... Hopefully that means it'll ship soon? Virgin tote here, always missed the sale since I signed up for emails in SEPTEMBER! :o

Got my tote today! I want to apologize ahead of time for the crappy lighting - the only full length mirror in my apt. is in a short hall with no direct lighting. For size reference, these are all size Medium and I am 5'6" and generally a medium/size 6.

Surprise item #1:

Brand: Under Skies. This is a navy blue peasant-type shirt with a cut-out design on the back. The front has some embroidery (same color as shirt, so it's hard to see).  It's cute, but not really my style. This will probably go up for trade.

Pick #1:

Brand: Renee C. This is the Chevron Knit Top. It's really lightweight (so will definitely work for spring). The front is a little shorter than I anticipated, but I still really like it.

Surprise item #2:

Brand: Renee C. This is the sweater that has came in a few $49 totes already. It's really soft and a more open/lightweight knit, so I think it's spring appropriate (I live in a warmer climate, but I work in a cold office, so I like lighter long sleeved tops for work). It's a little awkward to get it to hang right at first, but lays fine and isn't too bulky if you place it right, although I think I would have liked it even better if it was an open cardigan style.

Pick #2 (unbelted):

Belted:

Brand: Hourglass Lily. This is the same brand as the wrap dress that was sent as a surprise item in December, so it's a similar material. It's SUPER soft and actually really flattering belted or unbelted (it isn't a straight cut - has a little bit of a waist cut into it, but is still loose and flowy). I was worried about the length on this one (as some of you were), but surprisingly it isn't really that short. I'm 5'6" and I think it's work-appropriate length - stops about 3/4 of the way to my knees. It's slightly shorter belted though. I'm planning on getting a pair of navy leggings to wear under it for colder days too though.

Surprise item #3:

Brand: Jolie. This one is a mid-calf length skirt. It's really soft and comfy, but this length just does nothing for me. I would have loved it if it was a maxi. Will probably trade this one.

Surprise item #4 (unbelted):

Brand: Priddy by Puella. This is the spoiler swing dress that they said was going to be a surprise item. Unbelted, it looks like a nightshirt, but it looks much better belted. It has elbow patches that are slightly lighter than the navy dress. It's really comfortable as well. 

Can't wait to see what everyone else got!

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing, Tara! Loved your pics, but I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by the surprise picks this month. I guess with Spring just around the corner, I was expecting more color. Can't wait to see more spoilers.

@tara1012 I think everything looks great on you.  Thanks for taking the time to model everything.  We are about the same size so I feel much better about the length of the print dress.  Probably not long enough to teach 4th grade but perfect for the summer.  I really hope I get that wrap sweater!!!!!

This is my $49 tote. I had originally ordered the easy oxford shirt but it went OOS so they allowed me to substitute for any item in the $49 or $149 tote and I picked the black sweater. It is cute but somewhat cropped. I have not tried it on yet but I think it will be ok. The shirt is a loose fit with a a-line shape. Cute but very casual. The scarf is very low quality but I don't have anything like it so it's ok. 700700700700700700

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoFab View Post

I don't think Puella will ever make something I wouldn't love to wear, ha! Love that scarf too! Looks like a great box!

Quote:

This is my $49 tote. I had originally ordered the easy oxford shirt but it went OOS so they allowed me to substitute for any item in the $49 or $149 tote and I picked the black sweater. It is cute but somewhat cropped. I have not tried it on yet but I think it will be ok. The shirt is a loose fit with a a-line shape. Cute but very casual. The scarf is very low quality but I don't have anything like it so it's ok.

Oh wow, your tote looks great! That's my favorite scarf out of the ones I've seen so far. LOVE the striped Puella dress. Thanks for the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarter View Post

I don't think Puella will ever make something I wouldn't love to wear, ha! Love that scarf too! Looks like a great box!

I agree the PUELLA is my fave and even though the whole box is rather casual, it is very comfortable and cute and I will wear it. I may gift the scarf honestly because I have soooo many but who knows, I may keep it. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara1012 View Post

Oh wow, your tote looks great! That's my favorite scarf out of the ones I've seen so far. LOVE the striped Puella dress. Thanks for the pics!

I do like this scarf better than others I have seen so far too. 

Here are my 4 surprise items from the 149 tote. Sorry for the bathroom shower rod pic but it is the easiest way for me to display everything in one picture. From left to right: Underskies blouse - Fits great and is really soft but I'm not sure how they picked this for me based on my style profile since it is a bit too Bohemian for me; the Priddy by Puella dress clearly needs to be belted to avoid looking like a nightgown. The floral blouse is the In Clover brand and runs a bit too short because it is synched a the bottom but I think it can be fixed by wearing something more high wasted on the bottom. The skirt is Jolie and something I will probably trade since its an awkward 3/4 length that looks a bit too matronly on me. I also got the chevron sweater which I love and the navy wrap cardigan which I thought was a bit too thin but since I live in Southern California its not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

I'm so glad everyone is posting spoiler pictures! I'm a bit disappointed in the surprise items for the $149 tote. My tote should be delivered Monday and now I'm not so sure I'll love it. I think the surprise items are better in the $49 tote this month.

Quote:

This is my $49 tote. I had originally ordered the easy oxford shirt but it went OOS so they allowed me to substitute for any item in the $49 or $149 tote and I picked the black sweater. It is cute but somewhat cropped. I have not tried it on yet but I think it will be ok. The shirt is a loose fit with a a-line shape. Cute but very casual. The scarf is very low quality but I don't have anything like it so it's ok.

Oooooh, so happy to see that striped top! I actually requested a Puella long-sleeve top, haha, so I'm hoping they'll put that in my tote! I like the wrap sweater on others in the pictures we've seen, but I'm always super self-conscious about tops that have a lot of material in front. 

This is actually the first $49 tote that I've seen with a different item other than the sweater; have there been any other surprise items in the small tote that I've missed? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvanhat View Post

I'm so glad everyone is posting spoiler pictures! I'm a bit disappointed in the surprise items for the $149 tote. My tote should be delivered Monday and now I'm not so sure I'll love it. I think the surprise items are better in the $49 tote this month.

I think the same too. This is the first month that I've seen several people post their surprise items and I don't really like any of them (other than the Puella swing dress). I would actually prefer a scarf to another clothing item in my $149 tote. Now I'm kinda wishing I went for 2 $49 totes instead of the $149 I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyCT View Post

Oooooh, so happy to see that striped top! I actually requested a Puella long-sleeve top, haha, so I'm hoping they'll put that in my tote! I like the wrap sweater on others in the pictures we've seen, but I'm always super self-conscious about tops that have a lot of material in front. 

This is actually the first $49 tote that I've seen with a different item other than the sweater; have there been any other surprise items in the small tote that I've missed? 

So far I have seen 3 different scarves in the $49 tote. My tote should be waiting for me today when I get home from work, I'm very anxious to see what I got! I'm ok with the bulky sweater, sometimes I like a shirt that is just comfy and hides my belly if I'm having a fat day. I love scarves, too.. So as long as everything fits then I think I'm going to be really pleased with my first Golden Tote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpink View Post

same height! i ordered too and it did look short, hoping it will be ok, i held up the look alike in anthro and it was ok - just rec'd my ship info last night and i am in FL.....

was trying to find online at anthro, it def was a more cotton material then what this one is but found this blog, looks pretty close

http://stripesandpeonies.blogspot.com/2013/05/outfit-little-striped-dress.html

and

http://www.mackenziehoran.com/2013/04/outfit-striped-shift.html

and these are both from Club Monaco leather-pocket striped dress, $130, shopbop.com

Thanks for the info! That dress does look very similar.

I just got my tracking number last night too, they must be moving to the east coast. Expected delivery on Monday. Yay!

• Like 1

I got 2 149 dollar totes and from what I can see the  49 dollar totes are way better . There is no more expensive items in the 149 dollar tote that I can see and I would have been better getting 2  or even 3    49 dollar totes than the 149 dollar one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox View Post

I got 2 149 dollar totes and from what I can see the  49 dollar totes are way better . There is no more expensive items in the 149 dollar tote that I can see and I would have been better getting 2  or even 3    49 dollar totes than the 149 dollar one.

I'm a little sad about this really. After the whole mess with the start of the sale, and the number of people that purchased totes this month, I was afraid the quality of items would start to go down and that the girls at GT wouldn't be able to keep up with demand and provide the same personalized service that they did last year. It looks like the downturn may be starting. I really hope you see some great items in your 2 totes. $300 is a lot to spend only to receive surprise items you don't like. I'll wait to see more pics of what everyone gets, but I'm leaning towards only buying a $49 tote (or 2) next month.

Quote:

I think it is rare to see dresses as a surprise item in the $49 tote - it is usually tops or MAYBE leggings/a skirt - and there is the surprise swing dress in the $149 tote. That said, there seems to be a lot more blouses in these $149 totes.

Quote:

I think it is rare to see dresses as a surprise item in the $49 tote - it is usually tops or MAYBE leggings/a skirt - and there is the surprise swing dress in the $149 tote. That said, there seems to be a lot more blouses in these $149 totes.

Yes, there were 2 blouses that they made as surprise items under their 'In Clover' brand, and I saw people post them as surprise items in their $149 totes but not the $49 ones. Although I loved pretty much everything Puella put out last year either in the totes or at Anthropologie, with this new In Clover label they've made, the style of the line seems a little different. I don't really like the 2 blouses they made for the totes..not really my style but maybe they look better in person?

Quote:

As a new subscriber to GT, my understanding was that the two totes had the same quality of items, and even shared some of the same exact items, but that you get MORE items with the $149 tote (5-6 as opposed to 2-3) and that is why it cost more? Am I wrong in that?

I must be in the minority here but I'm loving what @valmi9 received as surprises. I saw that floral blouse in the spoiler picture and have been crossing my fingers I see something with florals in my tote. I still think $149 is a good deal - that makes each piece about $25 which to me, seems totally reasonable. I do really like the puella top that @AshleyCTposted too!

Quote:

Two of my friends got there 49 dollar totes today and both had that scarf in it. They  both got the same scarf and the wrap in the front sweater and the printed blouse. They both hate the scarf and I saw it and its not so great. The tops seem really nice though.  I hope I don't get that blaa scarf in all my totes. Its not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvanhat View Post

Seems like my friends all got the scarf in the tote that was pictured  and are thinking of returning the tote because neither of them like it.