Who all got switched to box 1??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my shipping information on the 9th. The tracking info never moved and still hasn't.  It also said I was getting box 11.  I was excited to try out the mascara from model co and the oscar blandi hair spray that was raved about on the you tube video.

I emailed customer service and they said if it hadn't moved they would get back to me by the 19th.  I still haven't received a reply.  I emailed them again on the 20th.  So far nothing.

Now when I check my box information I've been switched from box 11 to box 1.  WHY??? There is not anything that great in box 1. 

Why do i feel punished or ripped off???  ugh I'm so annoyed right now with birchbox

Call them. It happens from time to time. I had one box listed in my account and got a totally different box. There either was a problem with the boxes or they ran out.

I got an email back from them basically saying sorry we ran out and had to switch your box. It doesnt make sense to me that they would give me a tracking number and then magically run out and give me the crappy box.  I plan on reviewing the products of my punishment box and cashing in my points then cancel my subscription.  I asked if they would send me the mascara to sample or compensate my account so i could buy it and they basically said you might get one in your next box.

Did you receive a shipping confirmation email? Or did you just have the tracking number on your account page without an email? It seems like they assign boxes in the beginning of the month but the particular box isn't set in stone until it is actually shipped (when they send the email). Either way, I'm sorry your box hasn't gotten shipped yet! This is very late in the month. I'd think that they would at least compensate your account.

The tracking number was from the email.  To me that should mean that it is packaged or in the mail...not that they ran out!  When I first emailed them I got a reply back that they had no idea and that maybe it didn't get scanned on the way out the door.  Then a week later they are telling me it was never mailed and they ran out of product.

That happened to a few of us a couple months ago, and they ended up sending another email that said something along the lines of "oops our bad, 100 pts for you" -

Maybe a pallet of those boxes got damaged somehow and they had to change them up?  In a warehouse, who knows what could happen - we had a dishwasher damaged by the forklift that lifted it onto the delivery truck this summer.

Mine hasn't left the warehouse either apparently but my box hasn't been switched yet it seems...I'd b so mad if it happened to me! I feel if your box never leaves the warehouse after getting a shipping email that has a tracking not go live for days you should get a new box and given points at least...I mean, who says something is shipped and then, "Jk, not shipped!" They told me they are shipping me a new box and th confirmation email had it going to an address I haven't lived at for months...and my profile has the correct address! I got a call saying they sent a change of address to the warehouse but sheesh we will see

Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my shipping information on the 9th. The tracking info never moved and still hasn't.  It also said I was getting box 11.  I was excited to try out the mascara from model co and the oscar blandi hair spray that was raved about on the you tube video.

I emailed customer service and they said if it hadn't moved they would get back to me by the 19th.  I still haven't received a reply.  I emailed them again on the 20th.  So far nothing.

Now when I check my box information I've been switched from box 11 to box 1.  WHY??? There is not anything that great in box 1. 

Why do i feel punished or ripped off???  ugh I'm so annoyed right now with birchbox
Yes the same thing happened to my mom. She got her shipping notification a week before me and to our surprise I received mine first. She looked up her box info and it's changed from 11 to 1. And there is still a tracking number but no tracking info available. I think maybe something must have happened to those boxes like someone else said. I was pretty jealous though.. looks like a good box to me! Well better than my box 4.

Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got an email back from them basically saying sorry we ran out and had to switch your box. It doesnt make sense to me that they would give me a tracking number and then magically run out and give me the crappy box.  I plan on reviewing the products of my punishment box and cashing in my points then cancel my subscription.  I asked if they would send me the mascara to sample or compensate my account so i could buy it and they basically said you might get one in your next box.
I wasn't switched to box 1, but I have box 2 which sucks as much, if not more....but I wonder if their comment about maybe getting mascara next month is false hope or not? Everytime I think "maybe I'll get that next month" It doesn't happen....so I wonder if they are really considering that or not. 

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wasn't switched to box 1, but I have box 2 which sucks as much, if not more....but I wonder if their comment about maybe getting mascara next month is false hope or not? Everytime I think "maybe I'll get that next month" It doesn't happen....so I wonder if they are really considering that or not. 
Yeah, I was sad when the Eyeko liners weren't included in October's box because of customs delays. I had hoped that they would show up in November's box but that was not the case (they were in welcome boxes though). I wonder how far in advance BB plans the items for a month.

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I was sad when the Eyeko liners weren't included in October's box because of customs delays. I had hoped that they would show up in November's box but that was not the case (they were in welcome boxes though). I wonder how far in advance BB plans the items for a month.
The only month I felt  was getting one of the better boxes was in June or July when I got that eyeliner, but they sent it out the month after and apparently for the welcome box this month, and maybe another time.....so that's definitely a repeat item that people welcome! That's prob the only full size item I've gotten from them..

Latest posts

Back