Covergirl Queen Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Covergirl Queen collection products? I've been wanting to try them forever since they're made especially for people of color, but they're impossible to find in stores! However, I was at the grocery store tonight, and they had it, so I grabbed the compact to try. The color I got actually matches my skin perfectly, and the coverage seems okay (I didn't try all that hard to make it look great as I was just checking the color match). The consistency is kind of weird -- it's a cream, but not all that creamy, and I have no idea what its staying power is like, but I figure I'll try it out tomorrow which will be a pretty good test since I'll probably be in the kitchen half the day!

Okay, so today I actually prepped my face and applied the foundation right, taking care to really blend it and build the coverage where I needed to, and I'm really impressed.

I don't yet know what the staying power is like since I only put it on about an hour ago, but we'll see.

The color is absolutely perfect though! It matches my skin and undertones amazingly! (I have light-ish brown skin with very, very yellow undertones -- the color I got is Q520 Toffee -- and for reference: In L'Oreal True Match powder I'm C7 Nut Brown, and Soft Sable in the True Match Naturale powder, and in Estee Lauder Double Wear I'm 5N2 Amber Honey which is a bit red for me).

I know you posted this about a year ago, but how did the Covergirl turn out for you? I've been having serious issues trying to find a color match!!! I've tried every color and brand you can think of. I wasn't a big makeup wearer prior to my 40's (didn't have to wear it...my skin was flawless), but now I'm in my late 40's and having skin issues and I have to wear it. I have yellow undertones as well. So, tell me, how did it work out???

Not  a big fan of it. My HG foundation is Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H. I've been using it since March or April, and I LOVE everything about it but the pricetag! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Mimi77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know you posted this about a year ago, but how did the Covergirl turn out for you? I've been having serious issues trying to find a color match!!! I've tried every color and brand you can think of. I wasn't a big makeup wearer prior to my 40's (didn't have to wear it...my skin was flawless), but now I'm in my late 40's and having skin issues and I have to wear it. I have yellow undertones as well. So, tell me, how did it work out???
Actually CoverGirl Queen All Day Flawless foundation is incredible. It has 14 shades for brown skinned women which is amazing. Prior to I was wearing Make Up For Ever HD foundation and Urban Decay Naked. The ADF was a better match. The formula may not be the best for dry skin, but you can read reviews. It does well with combination/oily. I work at Sephora and always wore ADF until I got a tan and needed a new shade. I'll be switching back to it next month probably.

Or not, LOL. I just remembered I bought NARS Sheer Matte two weeks ago. Ah, the life of a makeup junkie.

Back