Sign in to follow this  
jpark107

Round 2 of swap meet-up!

Hi ladies,

Let's start planning round 2 of swap meet-up in December.  When/where would work for you?

When:

- I'm available weekends and nights.  

- I'd prefer a meet-up before December 19th. 

Where:

- I can travel anywhere that is accessible by public transportation.  

- I live in Manhattan (UWS).

Looking forward to round 2!  

Sorry for not responding sooner, this past week has been CRAZY and I didn't want to respond until I had some sense of what the rest of December looks like.

Anyway, I'm available anytime between now and Thursday the 20th, with the exception of next Sunday the 16th, though I can maybe do early afternoon on Sunday the 23rd (and bring along a friend who's been a MuT lurker, heehee). I'm leaving town on the 24th and won't be back until New Year's Eve.

I can do any weekday evening except for Fridays, after 7pm (but 7:30pm preferred -- assuming we're meeting somewhere downtown, now that I work in Morningside Heights, my transit situation is no longer quite so optimal). However, after our first-round meet-up, I'd be partial to meeting during the daytime on a weekend so we can actually see the products we're trading better (I still need to do my write-up of that and post the pictures... some day when I'm not quite so busy/exhausted...), but I understand that others may have other commitments on the weekends.

If we can't make it happen this month, I'd definitely really like to do this in January. I'm moving at the end of January (hopefully to the west side so my commute will be lightyears faster and easier) so I'm definitely looking to get rid of a lot of stuff.

I definitely vote for either daytime or at least well-lit, however, weekends do get a bit dicey for me coming in from Brooklyn (weekend subways = suckage).  

If we're going to do a weekend, we may have to push to January when the holidays are over!

I would definitely like to! But that said, I have to move out of my current apartment by the end of the month so it's a little hard for me to commit to anything at least until I know when and where I'm moving. I have a few apartment viewings lined up for tomorrow and have my fingers crossed that one of them will be "the one"...

If you guys want to meet in January, I can probably only do weeknights, since my weekends are probably going to be fully booked with apartment viewings, packing, and moving. But from February onwards I can do either weeknights or Sundays.

I'd still love to meet!

I completed my grad program, so I'm just studying for the board exam and working part-time.  My schedule is very flexible - I can meet either on weeknights or anytime on weekends.  

Should we ambitiously aim for a date in January or wait until February?