Urban Decay's NAKED Basics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back in August our MUT xlisaa posted a sneak peek of the newest palette. If you missed that photo here it is.

​
Pursebuzz has a first look at the new NAKED palette - NAKED Basics. Images are from Pursebuzz, check out her blog for more images.

This will be available on November 29, 2012 and will only be $27 which is a little less than 50% of NAKED or NAKED2 palette. Will you pick these up? They look to be a creamy/buttery matte shadow.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Back in August our MUT xlisaa posted a sneak peek of the newest palette. If you missed that photo here it is.

​
Pursebuzz has a first look at the new NAKED palette - NAKED Basics. Images are from Pursebuzz, check out her blog for more images.

This will be available on November 29, 2012 and will only be $27 which is a little less than 50% of NAKED or NAKED2 palette. Will you pick these up? They look to be a creamy/buttery matte shadow.
Zadi,

Are you getting this? I know that I don't need it but I want it so bad.. (it's only $27.....that's what I'm saying to myself in my head) hahah but I just find it too boring.. nothing too exciting.. but I still want it at the end of the day =/

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you getting this? I know that I don't need it but I want it so bad.. (it's only $27.....that's what I'm saying to myself in my head) hahah but I just find it too boring.. nothing too exciting.. but I still want it at the end of the day =/
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't need it but want it and it's "only" $27. The only reason I would get it is because looks to be creamy mattes versus chalky mattes and it might be the thing to get me to like mattes. I'm not sure though. It's going to depend on my mood.

why would they put Foxy in this palette -.-" why oh why Urban Decay.. and then Walk of Shame too (since I already have this from the build your own palette).. but anyways..

this palette would really compliment both the naked and naked 2 palettes. plus, how cute does it look?! it looks like the size of an iPhone... and correct me if I'm wrong but the eye shadows are full sized. so 18 x 6 = $108 but they're selling this for "only" $27. it would've been nice if they threw in something small like a brush or primer potion
wink.gif

Most likely I will get this palette and do a review on it for my blog. I really really really want to see a side by side comparison of the eye shadow Naked and Naked 2.

I don't own either of the NAKED pallets. I'm tempted to buy this one, just to see if if like it. I see this snowballing into me buying all three within the next month and then trying to rationalize my insane beauty spending.

I think I might pick this up to go with my N2 palette, it looks like it would be a great compliment.

Skipping this. I already have the Naked 2 and I'm probably getting the original Naked for Christmas. I have actually been liking and trying more mattes lately, despite my usual love of shimmery metallics, but four super-light nudes and another matte black? I'm just really unimpressed with this. It could have been so much better with a greater range of neutrals. This is not worth the $27 to me.

I like this and since I have the Naked2, definitely would work! This is a great budget friendly palette to offer...plus I don't own much in the matte category.

I own both of their NAKED palettes, but I do not think I will get this one right when it comes out. I might get it sometime in the future though.. I remember I was stalking their page in class to buy the NAKED2. I want an all matte palette from UD, but not neutrals. I loved their line of matte eyeshadows that they have discontinued, such as Chronic, ABC Gum, Electric... I wish they would come up with "bright" shades because their fun shades were why I loved UD when I first started, but lately, they're all "NAKED." I would love to see the "fun & edgy" side to UD for a bright matte palette (colors such as Chaos from the Vice, maybe a matte pink & matte green).

At least my wallet won't hate me for this one..

I don't want this.. I have too many shadows, But I know I'm going to buy it anyways.. If It were all shimmers/glitters/etc. I'd pass.. But I love Matte shadows <3

My knee-jerk reaction is very positive--I think that matte skin toned shadows are a great thing to use to contour and delicately define all ages and skin tones as a complete look or a base for something dramatic.

Yet, they are mostly lingering in the same pale tones which is unfortunate as I presume the subtlety will likely be lost and the same effect could be achieved through mild blending or lighter application of colors more different in tone.  Why there isn't a color bridging the gap between Faint and Crave is beyond me when there are so many colors so close to each other in tone. 

I just purchased TheBalm's Meet Matt(e) palette, and I think with that one you are getting colors that perform the same function as these as well as some other colors all in a matte finish for more variety.  I suppose the UD set has some shades much more true to skin tones, but with the right brush and application techniques, I'm sure you can get the same subtle effects with TheBalm's palette plus many, many more.  Seeing as I just purchased that, I can see no need for this one.

That's my rationalization for not owning both although this does seem quite lovely & you should buy what appeals to you.

I think the Lorac Pro Palette is hands down the best palette I've EVER purchased. I have the Naked which was good and then bought Naked II which I promptly returned after realizing how similar it was to the original. The Lorac palette is amazing though. The packaging is kept to a minimum. It's sleek and so easy to travel with. There is no unnecessary bulky packaging and it really looks "pro". I'm not sure why it's not talked about as much as some of the other ones, but I am in love with it. The Naked basics just doesn't seem that great especially if you own both Naked and Naked II palettes.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the Lorac Pro Palette is hands down the best palette I've EVER purchased. I have the Naked which was good and then bought Naked II which I promptly returned after realizing how similar it was to the original. The Lorac palette is amazing though. The packaging is kept to a minimum. It's sleek and so easy to travel with. There is no unnecessary bulky packaging and it really looks "pro". I'm not sure why it's not talked about as much as some of the other ones, but I am in love with it. The Naked basics just doesn't seem that great especially if you own both Naked and Naked II palettes.
I was not aware of this palette until now when I looked it up, and I highly approve of the swatches.  It seems to be a winning 50/50 mix of matte and shimmers covering all neutral ranges, and it seems like a fantastic go-to basic palette.  I totally would have gotten this over Naked, and I have no idea why this isn't more popular/known.  Good find!

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was not aware of this palette until now when I looked it up, and I highly approve of the swatches.  It seems to be a winning 50/50 mix of matte and shimmers covering all neutral ranges, and it seems like a fantastic go-to basic palette.  I totally would have gotten this over Naked, and I have no idea why this isn't more popular/known.  Good find!
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion! Plus it's $8 cheaper than either of the Nakeds, even if they are more expensive by weight. (Though I still imagine it'll take forever to hit the pan on them). Plus is seems super versatile! That's definitely a great idea. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The mattes do look like they may be a little chalky though...hm....

When I first heard about this palette I wanted to buy it for my mum as a Christmas present, but now that I've seen it, I get the feeling that literally the first 4 shadows would barely be visible on her. I'll have to check out swatches of other palettes to find one that'll suit her the most. She likes to borrow my Naked palette as I only use 2 shades on it (I'm partial to blacks), so I don't think it's really a good idea to get her one when she already uses mine - it seems redundant when there's so many great palettes and brands floating around out there.

I don't have any interest but I'll be getting this for my mom as part of her Christmas present. She only wears neutral mattes and haswanted a naked palette for awhile but has been turned off by the amount of shimmer.

If this included a bigger variety in tones I might consider it. I personally would like to see a peach, a copper or warm brown at least, an off white, a taupe, and then maybe a black or dark grey. Those are the colors I would put in a basic palette. This just looks like four shades that are just a bit off from each other, then the other two. I realize that would likely mean they would be including shades from the other palettes (Naked and Naked 2), so they probably did not want to do that as some people (like me) might just buy the less expensive palette. That being said, I will not be buying this unless I get a gift card or something. I would take it as a gift, but I think if I were spending money I could find other things more worth the investment. But then I tend to be a bit cheap and a bigger fan of richer and dark colors too ^_~

I have this palette, and I use it every day now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> easy to blend, great pigmentation, not chalky at all. The first few shimmery colors are a bit repetitive, but other than that you could easily create tons of different looks. just FYI, 'deep purple' and 'espresso' are almost black. it's more like 9 shimmery shadows, as the white one has glitter (I don't know why the advertise it as 8). 

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd get the Naked Basics palette if I didn't already have so many neutral palettes.

Latest posts

Back