Beauty Army - December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see a December thread yet, here's my selection that I'll receive in my December Beauty Army box:

I'm excited for all of it, really. Especially the Green Beret and Macadamia Hair Masque. I look forward to seeing the other two colors in the Whip Hand Army collection.

First time I haven't skipped in probably 6 months! Even though my items aren't anything mindblowingly exciting, the lip glosses will be a fun gift for my sister (stuffing a stocking for her for Christmas) and I'm interested in the rest. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been a" member"(by member I mean I have got a log in and been offered samples but never made a selection or put in a card number so I have never skipped) of Beauty Army. After getting another email from them I decided to give it a look about a week ago. So I saw the awesome products people were getting like the Shea Terra, You Da Balm lip balm, LashEm, etc. But I could never get even one of those to show up. Even after following  what the some people on here had posted  what to put my profile. I did it again today and I am still getting the same products.

Anyway. my question is when do they begin putting new products up and do you get better products the longer you are a member. Thanks for yall's help since I am new to the BA thing!

Originally Posted by heather4602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been a" member"(by member I mean I have got a log in and been offered samples but never made a selection or put in a card number so I have never skipped) of Beauty Army. After getting another email from them I decided to give it a look about a week ago. So I saw the awesome products people were getting like the Shea Terra, You Da Balm lip balm, LashEm, etc. But I could never get even one of those to show up. Even after following  what the some people on here had posted  what to put my profile. I did it again today and I am still getting the same products.

Anyway. my question is when do they begin putting new products up and do you get better products the longer you are a member. Thanks for yall's help since I am new to the BA thing!

I have skipped probably 5months already and they suspended my account because I skipped a lot. I used to like it at first because of the wide range of selections the first 4-5months of my sub.

New subscriptions and samples released everyday at 9 am PST. Try to start reshuffling your profile minutes before 9AM, maybe you'll find luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the advice. Do they restock on the weekend? I am a speical education teacher so I cannot do it during the week! I'll try it tomorrow morning!

Skipped again.. my sample selection was very similar to the last couple months with the exception of different colors and scents.  I would have like to try the "not your mother's" hairspray, but I couldn't justify spending $12 for it, the pigment and a tea bag (I love tea)- the only things I was interested in, remotely.  At least Birchbox gave a 3 pack when they offered tea..
plain.gif
  If I wasn't able to skip boxes, this would be the box i would let go.

Thanks for the advice. Do they restock on the weekend? I am a speical education teacher so I cannot do it during the week! I'll try it tomorrow morning!
As a previous poster stated, they "restock" around 9am. I think it's pretty random as far as what days they actually restock. Say, maybe they get a shipment on a Tuesday, they should upload the new items Wednesday at 9am. But there doesn't seem to be a specific schedule. Just need to check around 9 every day of your selection. It seems like whenever I pick my samples, I get an email the next day saying there are new products to choose :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by heather4602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on the East Coast too and I'm always able to start picking my samples at 11:45am. It seems like they release a limited supply of a product each morning and supposedly they "re-stock" every night so that everything is available the next morning.

I think beauty army is my favorite sub even though I'm not subbed lol. Its easy to cancel, so I just order a kit when I see things I want then cancel right after. I don't see anything I want yet this month.

Wow....I think "You Sold the World" got a great kit - def worth the $12.  I love that Macadamia Hair oil!

Originally Posted by JennyWisconsin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow....I think "You Sold the World" got a great kit - def worth the $12.  I love that Macadamia Hair oil!
I'm really excited about that oil! It was the only thing that popped up over the last few months I was really interested in so I was excited it was still around...also excited about the eyeshadow and lipbalm :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glosses both look pretty but I have too many so they'll be great gifts, and I always love BBW shower gels. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just curious, are there any shea terra items still available? I really really want the shampoo since even the full size is out of stock on Shea Terra's website. Can't wait to try the red lip gloss :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but a shea terra sample in my box will make my day.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just curious, are there any shea terra items still available? I really really want the shampoo since even the full size is out of stock on Shea Terra's website. Can't wait to try the red lip gloss :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but a shea terra sample in my box will make my day.
None would come up for me, but I only tried one day.

I've skipped the previous two months because despite re-doing my profile for several days in a row, my options either didn't change at all or only changed by one item - both months.  I hope I won't have to skip this month, too.  And yep, I always login early but the items never change. Any tricks?  What am I missing?

I don't like including Bath & Body Works items (which always show on my selection items) because I don't see them as high end or even really quality. Blah.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skipped again.. my sample selection was very similar to the last couple months with the exception of different colors and scents.  I would have like to try the "not your mother's" hairspray, but I couldn't justify spending $12 for it, the pigment and a tea bag (I love tea)- the only things I was interested in, remotely.  At least Birchbox gave a 3 pack when they offered tea..
plain.gif
  If I wasn't able to skip boxes, this would be the box i would let go.
Agreed. It saddens me to hit skip but by day 5, same items? Blah. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really excited about that oil! It was the only thing that popped up over the last few months I was really interested in so I was excited it was still around...also excited about the eyeshadow and lipbalm :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glosses both look pretty but I have too many so they'll be great gifts, and I always love BBW shower gels. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's one of the best hair oils I've ever used and I love the smell.

Is anyone choosing this month? It doesn't seem like it. I skipped...there were not enough things I wanted. Hopefully in january they will have some great new products. I'm hoping for Shea Terra....

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone choosing this month? It doesn't seem like it. I skipped...there were not enough things I wanted. Hopefully in january they will have some great new products. I'm hoping for Shea Terra....
I did, but only because I've skipped the last 4 or 5 months, and there were enough things that had been on there a while to make it worth it for me, lol...

I had ordered a kit in November, then got nervous and cancelled my account before the box came. But I loved my kit so much (the Pink Tulip lipstick is the best!) that I decided to resubscribe. For December I got the Macadamia hair masque (which I really wanted); BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel (also really wanted); Argan non-foaming shampoo (interested to try); Great Gatsby shampoo; Espri sample; and Fiafini cleansing emulsion sample. I must say I am loving everything in my November box, and the personalization is great. I really am a minimal makeup girl and Lipsi powder and Pink Tulip lipstick are perfect for me. I love that BA is personalized right down to favorite perfume notes and manicure styles. I was a little upset to get packet samples for skin care, but I got a lot out of the little foil packs. So maybe BA really is the sub for me. 

Latest posts

Back