OCC lip tar in clear necessary?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm wondering what any of you occ lip tar fiends out there think of the lip tar in "clear".  Do you think it is necessary to own or do you think it has any qualities that cant be substituted by another product?  Does it help with the drying?  I'm just getting into lip tars and I'm a little curious. 

I don't like the clear lip tar as much as i like the Too Faced lip insurance, the lip insurance helps mattify and makes the lip tar last a whole lot longer. i tried the clear and it just made the lip tar more fluid and get everywhere faster. Maybe if you use a very little bit it would work but i can't ever go wrong with priming my lips with the lip insurance, it's the best!

I always found clear as a way of sheering lip tars. Like if you wanted just a light hint of something on the lips or cheeks then you use clear to sheer the color out. Otherwise, it functions as any other gloss. If you wear it over your lip tar, then wait for the color lip tar to dry down and then apply the clear.

I actually don't have the clear. I didn't realize they make one until recently. I love using the lip tars on their own, mixed with eachother to make unique colors, or topped with a clear gloss or lip balm for shine. So I guess to answer your question, no it's not really needed at all.

Latest posts

Back