Skin Health Maintenance

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health maintenance.
I used to have acute acne problem in my teen-age years. I still have breakout sometimes. I had used almost every single thing on m face to get rid of acne. My skin has lost the smoothness. I understand I cannot make up for the past. But is there any way I can take care of it from now on. I mean so that my skin looks soft/fresh

Also I have kind of black circle around my lip and chin. I think I have combination skin. Can you please help me with these all?
And suggest me a good skin care product with the ways to use them properly.
Thanks

I am in my early twenties, have a dry combination skin, and suffer from monthly acne breakouts due to hormonal imbalance in my body. I also had dark circles on both ends of my mouth and under my lower lip. Just like you, I have tried countless products (including acne systems) to get rid of acne and even out my skin tone. I would say that I found the best products that minimizes the acne breakouts and evens out my skin tone progressively.

I think the Clarisonic Mia brush has helped me get rid of impurities and lessened occasional breakouts. I also use Lancome Visionnaire as recommended by a Twitter friend who's into makeup and skincare as well. It is great for minimizing pores and evening the skin tone. In addition, it feels as if it's hydrating in a way so I don't even really need to put moisturizer on most of the time! The last of the three fave products that I would recommend is the Murad Spot Treatment. I use it on my t-zone as soon as I am a week away from that time of the month. It helps prevent pimples a ton! Around that time is when I make sure I use a mild and oil-free moisturizer. I use Clinique Lotion. I don't remember what it's exactly called, but it's not the gel form.

I am yet to try Clinique Dark Spot Corrector. A co-worker has been using it and swears by it. I have also read great reviews about it. You might wanna try it out.

Back