Skin Health Maintenance

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health maintenance.
I used to have acute acne problem in my teen-age years. I still have breakout sometimes. I had used almost every single thing on m face to get rid of acne. My skin has lost the smoothness. I understand I cannot make up for the past. But is there any way I can take care of it from now on. I mean so that my skin looks soft/fresh

Also I have kind of black circle around my lip and chin. I think I have combination skin. Can you please help me with these all?
And suggest me a good skin care product with the ways to use them properly.
Thanks

It sounds to me like maybe you just need to give your skin a little love. Make sure you are eating, drinking water, sleeping and exercising properly. I know that sounds like your mom talking to you but it really does make a huge difference. It can improve how soft your skin looks, helps remove discolorations and also help heal old stuff. Since I don't know how sensitive or strong your skin is all I can make are general recommendations. I do have sensitive acne prone combo skin myself so I recommend a simple regimen like this:

Cleanser  and moisturizer for combo skin. Twice a day. Cetaphil is a good brand to start with. It has no irritants or surfactants so it won't bubble up like a normal cleanser but it is working. Using most bar soaps just dries your skin out very badly because they contain detergents. I recommend your daytime moisturizer to have SPF to avoid future sun damage. Put it on after your cleansing, before your makeup.

Mask once a week. I use the Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap Cleanser and mask. This you have to order online but it is amazing and not abrasive at all. A lot of the other ladies around here enjoy mud masks or purifying masks. Most of those are too harsh on me so I stick with mine. Do this after cleanser and before moisturizer.

Exfoliate once a week. Some people can handle more, my skin cannot. Exfolikate is a nice product. If you aren't sure you want to shell out the cash for an exfoliator you can also put a little bit of your cleanser in a small dish and add about half a teaspoon of fine sugar. Mix it up and rub it on your face. Do this after cleanser and before moisturizer.

One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes in an effort to "fix" ourselves we go overboard. I used to scrub my face and I did it too often. It made my skin very sore. These ladies and gentlemen have a lot of great ideas, product reviews, home remedies, etc that I think you will find helpful.

Latest posts

Back