americanclassic

Sephora Active Codes- Codes only thread - Codes, Coupons

I've purchased multiples of things often, and thank god, knock wood, nothing has happened to me. I love that there was an article about VIBR. I've hit that status twice this year so far. And by the end of the year will be well on my way to a third. I generally hit it around April or so. Reading all this stuff has me worried!! I bought two or three of things for the black Friday stuff, and do the same all the time. If I like something I buy a bunch. That way I can have what I want when they sell out, and/or give them as gifts. It scares the dickens out of me that they could just cut me off. I'm such an addict, I have no idea where I'd go, arggg. And now I'm freaked about putting in more orders. I've done multiples during the same day.  Or days in a row. I have three or four orders coming my way now. And I'd like to do another, but I'm scared,lol. We shouldn't be scared when we spend that much with them. I hope they get their wits and stop this foolishness soon!!
I'm starting to think twice about my shopping habit. I too like to stock up on items I LOVE and it's all for personal use or occasionally to give as gifts to my friends and family. It sucks because sephora banned me from shopping online with them. I us to love shopping at sephora but the store is far from me and so I prefer doing my shopping with them online. Also I get a couple of samples to try. Who doesn't like those. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have purchased the full size products after trying the samples they give! Ugh... Also I happen to be vib rouge and I used the free shipping perk... I'm not a criminal, I'm a bit if a makeup addict with money I can spend! I can limit my spending, I have an excellent credit score, I pay all my bills on time, I can pay with my debit card etc They told me I'm welcome to shop in store, BUT, after treating me like a criminal.... no thank you..... I'm shopping elsewhere, so the next time I run out of something or feel like purchasing several gifts for the holidays I'm going anywhere but sephora. I thought they were amazing before....I'm also very upset about the whole vib rouge program. I also thought I would not get banned because I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong. Now that I know sephora were not happy I split up some of my orders and suspected me of being a reseller because I spent a lot of money there........I would have spent much less...group my orders together....and not place as many orders as I had done during this holiday with sephora....because I am a loyal customer... I genuinely loved shopping online at sephora... but they didn't care at all......they were more concerned about getting me off the phone

Also I have a couple hundred $$ worth of items from my last few orders. I'm so upset I'm thinking of just returning all of it. I have never returned so much to any place before. My cousin talked me out of it and said perhaps I should hold off on that. She said if its happening to a lot of people right now then maybe sephora will fix this. Even if they do fix it...is it still too late for the people who were banned when they didn't mean any wrong doing? Personally I don't plan to ever shop there again, but I do wish sephora would try and make things right because people don't want to be treated like criminals when they meant no wrong doing.

[@]pinkrosebella[/@] after all this, do you still plan on shopping there even if they "do make it right" and unban you? It didn't sound like that was the route you were going... If I were in your shoes, I'd make the returns. Bridge has burned, right?

[@]pinkrosebella[/@] after all this, do you still plan on shopping there even if they "do make it right" and unban you? It didn't sound like that was the route you were going... If I were in your shoes, I'd make the returns. Bridge has burned, right?
That's a very good question... I just don't know what to do about these items that I haven't touched yet... I guess I just wanted to clear my name because it felt important to me. But I do feel like the bridge has burned. I will not be shopping with them again because the damage was done when I saw the message that popped up when I tried to answer a question on BT.

I don't strive for VIBR, I just hit it beside myself. So if I'm going to have it I want the benefits, and if it means sending two orders so I can get good promotions I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I'm spending a fortune, they have a very small cost for those samples if anything, and it is a ton of goodwill for customers like Myself. I will handle things the same way next year, if I hit VIBR I hit VIBR. It will likely happen, but hopefully in the meantime they will come up with some ways to retain customers and do more for those who are VIB and VIBR.

Even if you were a reseller why would it matter if Sephora is selling product? I don't understand why they are upset about that in the first place. I'm not saying I resell, I'm just saying as a business owner I'm happy to sell product to whatever end. And if they get samples etc., all the better, it creates goodwill, if it didn't they would not give them out. I so feel for you. And worry about how I shop. I am not going to change out of friar, I won't let that guide me, but I will do what you are doing and stop shopping Sephora if they ban me from online shopping. They have never been anything but polite and fixed issues I'd had with wrong items, lack of samples etc. So I can't imagine being banned but I'm sure you never thought you would either. I'm literally dollars away from hitting VIBR for the second time this year and would be distraught if they banned me, as I'm sure you are, and angry, which you are as well, and I don't blame you one bit!nI love Sephora but they are crossing lines that they shouldn't cross. I cannot understand a business model where they alienate and strike fear into their highest dollar customers. It seems counterintuitive. But that is just me, Good luck and I hope you stick around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

That stinks!

I am hoping to buy the Formula X the System w/my $20 off (if I ever receive it) and it has the "free polish" too.  I wish I could just get it in-store because I'm afraid I'll end up paying for the "free polish" like you did.  But, in-store it's always sold out.

Thanks for the heads up anyway!  I'm going to make sure I'm not paying for the polish online or just not get it.

Unless they changed it recently, the formula x system with free polish online isn't a promo code you need to type in, and it doesn't bypass and replace the promo you DO put in.  I bought it and it just did a discount at the checkout screen, like it did when they had the 3 for 10$ discount for Sephora OPI polishes.  So, your total, less polish price, less any other payment methods, tax, grand total.

• Like 1

Also I have a couple hundred $$ worth of items from my last few orders. I'm so upset I'm thinking of just returning all of it. I have never returned so much to any place before. My cousin talked me out of it and said perhaps I should hold off on that. She said if its happening to a lot of people right now then maybe sephora will fix this. Even if they do fix it...is it still too late for the people who were banned when they didn't mean any wrong doing?? and I still get emails from sephora to this day....all about their online deals.. Which I can't be a part of... I will just unsubscribe then..
If you need support, you've got ME!! The bridge has definitely burned and I plan to return all my unused items. Afterall, I missed out on all the BF specials already, the one day of the year I look forward to. They've taken all the fun out of my shopping already. I, too, am still getting emails which drive me nuts cuz it's like dangling a piece of cheesecake in front of someone and telling them they can look, but can't eat! (yes, I'm craving cheesecake!!)!!!! I just read on BT that they are giving Rouge members an exclusive Rouge only mirror with $50 purchase. BUT, guess what? I can't get it!!! Anyhow, it's time to burn all the Sephora logo totes and bags I have. There's no way I'm going to advertise for them!!!

If you need support, you've got ME!! The bridge has definitely burned and I plan to return all my unused items. Afterall, I missed out on all the BF specials already, the one day of the year I look forward to. They've taken all the fun out of my shopping already. I, too, am still getting emails which drive me nuts cuz it's like dangling a piece of cheesecake in front of someone and telling them they can look, but can't eat! (yes, I'm craving cheesecake!!)!!!! I just read on BT that they are giving Rouge members an exclusive Rouge only mirror with $50 purchase. BUT, guess what? I can't get it!!! Anyhow, it's time to burn all the Sephora logo totes and bags I have. There's no way I'm going to advertise for them!!!
I know how you feel... I'm seriously considering it... I wouldn't blame you for wanting to return stuff to them

I too missed out on BF deals, the one event I look forward to the most...all I wanted was one MUFE set and two Josie Maran sets. But I decided to look elsewhere and landed some nice deals at macys! So that made me feel some what better I think it would have been more disappointing if here comes Black Friday and just finding out my order got cancelled by sephora I was able to look elsewhere for BF deals... That was my experience... But I heard others found out when trying to place an order on BF. that's pretty disappointing

I too missed out on BF deals, the one event I look forward to the most...all I wanted was one MUFE set and two Josie Maran sets. But I decided to look elsewhere and landed some nice deals at macys! So that made me feel some what better I think it would have been more disappointing if here comes Black Friday and just finding out my order got cancelled by sephora I was able to look elsewhere for BF deals... That was my experience... But I heard others found out when trying to place an order on BF. that's pretty disappointing
Me too! I found out a week before BF so I did shop elsewhere. I really feel bad for those who stayed up all night and ordered a bunch of items from Sephora and then wake up to find the orders are all cancelled!!! That's beyond sad...... Have they cleared your name yet?

Quote:
 Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post

UGH, SEPHORA. 

Why bother saying "Pick 3 Samples" if you're going to just send me whatever the hell you have laying around?  My last two orders I've purposefully waited until there were samples I actually wanted to try, and I've been SUPER excited for one of the three, only to get the order and the one I'm mega pumped for is missing or replaced with something else.

Seriously, just say "3 Random Probably Perfume Samples That Smell Like Old Ladies with Your Order!" 

Jerks. 

I'm scared to even complain because they're trigger-happy with the bans. 

No, seriously, they're slipping- as I mentioned earlier in my rantings (lol), I made about 5 orders ranging between $15-50 each. I decided to do this because they had one of my favorite perfumes, I Love New York For All, as one of the pick three. Now, I placed these orders as SOON as said perfumes appeared, and they still appeared on the site for the next day and a half, so I know they didn't run out. Only one order had it- the other four didn't even SUB it, they just contained two samples, except for one other, which had Justin freakin' Bieber (I just realized). I swear they did it to spite me. 

As I said, I would have complained before about the missing samples int $25+ orders but now I'm just thankful I didn't get banned for, you know, spending money.

@pinkrosebella I understand how you feel. You still have time to take the purchases back and get cash back, right? (By that I mean have it credited back to your CC/debit and not store credit). If you still have, say, 60 days to return the items for a full refund, or even 30, you can wait, now that this has been picked up by Consumerist (yay to the girls who followed that advice!! I'm proud of you, seriously!!) and see if Sephora does anything. THEN, if they clear your name, you can STILL take the unused items back with your head held EXTRA high instead of feeling the way you're feeling right now- confused and hurt and rightfully very angry. Or, if they do something really, really amazing (we can dream, right?) to make it right, then you can choose to continue doing business with them, if that's your perspective. Either way, if you still have time, I would wait. Now, if you have, say, 5 days left until you only get in-store credit, I would def do it in the next couple of days! 

Good luck to you. Please know that I have also been sending letters to various publications and the powers that be at Sephora in your, and everyone else's, behalf..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsailor View Post

@pinkrosebella I understand how you feel. You still have time to take the purchases back and get cash back, right? (By that I mean have it credited back to your CC/debit and not store credit). If you still have, say, 60 days to return the items for a full refund, or even 30, you can wait, now that this has been picked up by Consumerist (yay to the girls who followed that advice!! I'm proud of you, seriously!!) and see if Sephora does anything. THEN, if they clear your name, you can STILL take the unused items back with your head held EXTRA high instead of feeling the way you're feeling right now- confused and hurt and rightfully very angry. Or, if they do something really, really amazing (we can dream, right?) to make it right, then you can choose to continue doing business with them, if that's your perspective. Either way, if you still have time, I would wait. Now, if you have, say, 5 days left until you only get in-store credit, I would def do it in the next couple of days! 

Good luck to you. Please know that I have also been sending letters to various publications and the powers that be at Sephora in your, and everyone else's, behalf..

There is no time frame in their return policy, especially if you have the receipt. If you don't it'll go for the selling price if they have that item in stock still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganbernadette View Post

I still didn't get my $20 VIB gift card! Is anyone else still waiting? The promo starts today and I thought they would have emailed it by now!

haven't gotten mine either :(  I'm so frustrated with Sephora's terrible email system and the fact that random people get the gift card mailed to their homes while others don't.

I still didn't get my $20 VIB gift card! Is anyone else still waiting? The promo starts today and I thought they would have emailed it by now!
haven't gotten mine either :(  I'm so frustrated with Sephora's terrible email system and the fact that random people get the gift card mailed to their homes while others don't.
I haven't received the gift card either :( ​
I called them late last night and they said that we should recieve them no later then thursday(tomorrow) at noon EST.
  • Like 1

I, too, called about the arrival of said card, but was told that a "sampling" of BI/VIB/VIBR's were selected "at random" to receive the promotion..whaaaaaa? So, am I getting it, or not Sally?? Also, after reading through all the banned panic stricken entries on this thread, I decided to ask Sally if there's anything I need to curb/curtail where my buying habits are concerned so that I may avoid the fateful conditions several others here have already met..interestingly, she put me on hold, and when she returned she assured me I had nothing to worry about due to the fact that I never purchased duplicates of an item at any given time. Strangely enough, I checked my purchase history, and she was exactly right. Just thought I 'd share my experience :)

I, too, called about the arrival of said card, but was told that a "sampling" of BI/VIB/VIBR's were selected "at random" to receive the promotion..whaaaaaa? So, am I getting it, or not Sally?? Also, after reading through all the banned panic stricken entries on this thread, I decided to ask Sally if there's anything I need to curb/curtail where my buying habits are concerned so that I may avoid the fateful conditions several others here have already met..interestingly, she put me on hold, and when she returned she assured me I had nothing to worry about due to the fact that I never purchased duplicates of an item at any given time. Strangely enough, I checked my purchase history, and she was exactly right. Just thought I 'd share my experience :)
What a weird response about the gift cards, I've always received one and as far as I know every one of their bi's, vib's and vib rouge have always received one. This is getting real strange Sephora. And again about banning people over multiple purchases..... If someone really likes a product, why is it against the rules to buy multiples? Sephora's got some 'splaining to do.

What a weird response about the gift cards, I've always received one and as far as I know every one of their bi's, vib's and vib rouge have always received one. This is getting real strange Sephora. And again about banning people over multiple purchases..... If someone really likes a product, why is it against the rules to buy multiples? Sephora's got some 'splaining to do.
Right?! And the strangest part is that she wouldn't confirm or deny if I'm getting the damn card..grrr.. I think I'm going to call back and try again with a different CS rep..my luck, I'll get banned simply from calling too much LOL

Right?! And the strangest part is that she wouldn't confirm or deny if I'm getting the damn card..grrr.. I think I'm going to call back and try again with a different CS rep..my luck, I'll get banned simply from calling too much LOL
I would definitely call back. Explain to them that you've received them every year in the past and to be excluded this year is unfair because you are a frequent shopper and it would really make you rethink shopping with them.

Im finding the banning alienating. I buy multiples for MYSELF. If I find a product at a great price, I stock up for a year supply. Especially the hello kitty perfume :icon_eek: which I can only get a rollerball now so I have to buy a couple to get the equivalent of a full bottle. >_<

Im finding the banning alienating. I buy multiples for MYSELF. If I find a product at a great price, I stock up for a year supply. Especially the hello kitty perfume :icon_eek:  which I can only get a rollerball now so I have to buy a couple to get the equivalent of a full bottle. >_<
Seriously, it's freaking me out! I just got flash and just became a vib so I don't want to lose those privileges but to me it seems like sephora is trying to stop us all from shopping there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKaye View Post

Seriously, it's freaking me out! I just got flash and just became a vib so I don't want to lose those privileges but to me it seems like sephora is trying to stop us all from shopping there.

It seems to me that everyone being impacted by the banning is VIB Rouge and not a Flash user.  Which makes even less sense!! Maybe because we actually paid money for the service, as opposed to Rouge, which wasn't specifically paid for... it's just a free "perk" that has no upsides.