CVS clearance!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yay, time for the annual CVS beauty clearance! 

I made a trip today and here's what I got (most of the stuff isn't marked as being on clearance, but scans at 50-75% off, which just means that there's plenty in stock for those in the know!):

(The Carmex wasn't on clearance, but on sale at 99 cents a pop, so it's in the picture as well)

My total came to around $30 with a total savings of over $60! And I probably have enough nail polish to last me the next decade (I don't really use it that often), not to mention Burt's Bees tinted lip balm stocking stuffers at $1.74 each (reg. $6.99). 

Oh, and the best deal was the Covergirl Lip Perfection in 255 Delish Regal - regular price around $8, 50% clearance, plus a $1/1 Covergirl manufacturer's coupon and a $2/1 Covergirl Lip Perfection CVS coupon from the magic coupon machine (doesn't exclude clearance items!), making the end price a whopping $1.14. 

I am definitely going tomorrow! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Let us know what you get! I might be hitting the RiteAid this weekend - word has it their clearance has started as well. And possibly going back to CVS for some more Nicole by OPI - gah, I lose all control at the 50% off point.

Originally Posted by cranraspberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let us know what you get! I might be hitting the RiteAid this weekend - word has it their clearance has started as well. And possibly going back to CVS for some more Nicole by OPI - gah, I lose all control at the 50% off point.
I loose control too! Too bad I don't have a RiteAid, but since i live in a small town im sure there will be plenty of things left at cvs (im hoping) lol

Don't forget to manually scan the items (you can find a "CVS Beauty Clearance Sale Master List" online with info on what items and colors have been spotted in the clearance) - all the stuff I got wasn't marked as being on sale in any way! Except for the Burt's Bees lip balm, which was marked at 50% clearance, but rung up as 75% off. 

Originally Posted by cranraspberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget to manually scan the items (you can find a "CVS Beauty Clearance Sale Master List" online with info on what items and colors have been spotted in the clearance) - all the stuff I got wasn't marked as being on sale in any way! Except for the Burt's Bees lip balm, which was marked at 50% clearance, but rung up as 75% off. 
. Does every CVS have a manual scanner in store? Cannot remember if I've seen one in mine. Thanks for the heads up by the way. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

. Does every CVS have a manual scanner in store? Cannot remember if I've seen one in mine. Thanks for the heads up by the way. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No problem! Happy to share. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for the manual scanner, I've seen one in every CVS I've been to. They are the same thing that's the "magic coupon machine" 

And you can usually find one near the cash registers and a second one tucked away somewhere in the back, at least at my local CVS'. 

While you're at it, don't forget to scan your ExtraCare card - I unexpectedly got the $2/1 Covergirl Lip Perfection coupon which can even be stacked with a manufacturer's coupon if you have one. But those might differ from place to place.

My RiteAid haul was significantly less impressive - some Revlon nail polishes and cuticle remover for 75% off and some Sally Hansen tools at 50% off. Still nice though!

Oh, and I went back to CVS for some mascara: L'Oreal Last Out, Maybelline Define-a-Lash and some Revlon one. The first two 50% off, the Revlon 75%. 

My CVS didn't have nearly the great deals that yours did. Yes, there were a bunch of 75% off items, but what I really wanted were the Revlon Lip Butters and Balm Stains. Those were buy one get one fifty percent off. Still picked up four, but wish my CVS had a better deal on them. 

I've since gone back and gotten some more stuff. 

Oh, and have I mentioned that RiteAid is having a clearance right now as well?.. I now officially have more nail polish than I will ever be able to use over the next couple of decades.

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My CVS didn't have nearly the great deals that yours did. Yes, there were a bunch of 75% off items, but what I really wanted were the Revlon Lip Butters and Balm Stains. Those were buy one get one fifty percent off. Still picked up four, but wish my CVS had a better deal on them. 
If you're still in need of those, this week at CVS they are $6.99 with $4 ECB!

Nice I'll have to ask the bf to take me to well both cvs and rite aid to look for some more nail polish...cuz never enough 

Latest posts

Back