Makeup bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When you take makeup with you, when leave the house what are the main cosmetics that you take? Is any products that make it easier to take everything you want?

Are you talking about for yourself or as a makeup artist? For me, personally, I always have translucent powder in my bag. And then, I will put in the lipstick and/or gloss of the day. Other than that, I got tired of carrying so much so I have down-sized to just that.

I always have a good lip balm because it can be used in many ways. Even to calm down a frizzy hair day or soothe a raw cuticle. Compact Powder (revlon color stay) and a deep nude (NARS valkyrie velvet matte) lip color. Sometimes if its a longer day I bring a small concealer (mac studio finish) and eye pencil. (MUFE aqua eyes) Just in case I have a smudge. Or if its evening or more formal. I bring a great red lip ( Nars Cruella) All small items. Keep it simple.

Originally Posted by Sparklygem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always have a good lip balm because it can be used in many ways. Even to calm down a frizzy hair day or soothe a raw cuticle. Compact Powder (revlon color stay) and a deep nude (NARS valkyrie velvet matte) lip color. Sometimes if its a longer day I bring a small concealer (mac studio finish) and eye pencil. (MUFE aqua eyes) Just in case I have a smudge. Or if its evening or more formal. I bring a great red lip ( Nars Cruella)

All small items. Keep it simple.
You're like the female MacGyver, but with lip balm rather than duct tape!  =)  I just googled "uses for lip balm".  It really can be used many ways!

When I take makeup with me, all I take is a lip balm and whatever lipstick I'm wearing that day. 

I love the ELF spf lip balm, I use the nude color. It's got a sheer nudey tint of course, love this stuff! Also, I take along my voluminous carbon black and usually my NYX bohemian chic palette, great nude-ish neutral eye colors and two great blushes. Great small palette for touch ups, fits nicely in my purse.

It is quite odd that I bring as much as I do given how rarely I wear a full face and how often I go out with no make-up at all. I started carrying a small kit when I started modeling and now I do events as well and cannot afford to forget things so I tend to just carry enough to do what I might need any time. Anyway, here is what I carry, keeping in mind that most of these things stay in my bigger purse bag which I often leave in my car.

In a ziploc baggie (in big purse):

- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream*

- Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

- a flat top brush by EcoTools for applying foundation and powder

- a travel container of hair gel

- a small magnifying mirror

- tweezers and eyebrow scissors

- a few bobby pins and hair ties

- nail glue

- a small roll on that contains a lavender essential oil mix for helping me relax when I get stressed

- a small container of hand creme

- a couple sponge wedges

In a similar sized zipper pouch (also in big purse):

- Sugarbomb by Benefit (blush)*

- a Matte eyeshadow palette from Sephora with natural tones

- E.L.F. Lash Extending Mascara

- NYX HD Photogenic Concealer*

- E.L.F. Eyelid Primer

- Maybelline Eyestudio Cream eyeliner (black)

- Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer

- a couple colored lip glosses in whatever colors I am favoring

I also usually carry a small eye make-up brush kit

In my little purse (which I carry in places and such)

- my lip color/gloss of the day

- a mini chocolate scented hand sanitizer

- a yummy vanilla roll on perfume

- lip balm

The items marked with a * I want to elaborate on a bit because I feel they really make life easier and can be "day-savers" in some cases.

The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is generally my foundation and moisturizer if I am wearing make-up. I usually buff over it with pressed powder. It lasts for hours, is not too heavy, and it actually gives me pretty darn good coverage.

The NYX concealer is what I wear if I need even fuller coverage foundation or concealer. I just swipe it on my face across my forehead, under eyes, cheeks, nose, and chin and then blend with a sponge wedge. I like it because it does great full coverage and I only need a little. And apparently it is pretty good as my MUA friends even compliment me on it.

The Sugarbomb is a perfect blush tone for me because it highlights my bone structure and gives me the slightest bit of a glow which is hard to do without overdoing on my pale skin. Thankfully the tones in this blush are perfect. I also use a couple of the shades as subtle eyeshadow.

I only take lipsticks, lip glosses and lip balms with me. I'm not a touch up person.

I tend to bring along always an item from every category (except base products) Just in case If i suddenly need to meet my friend or my bf, at least I can touch up.. so usually i will have a really big cosmetic pouch in my bag that contains:

an Eyeshadow palette (4 colors)

1 lipstick

2 glosses

1 lip balm

1 mascara

1 or 2 blushers

1 eyeliner

1 compact powder

1 Eyeshadow brush

1 Blusher brush

a YSL Perfume vial

I carry a brush roll from Mary Kay that has some extra pockets in in..... Lip gloss Lip pencil Eyeliner Mascara ELF eyeshadow primer Eyeshadow Lipstick Foundation Makeup brushes

Back