Using anti-aging skincare too early?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi lovelies! I just had a few questions. I must admit, i'm kind of a skincare noob so bear with me. I'm 21 years old and up until the last couple years I hadn't done much as far as preventative skin care, couple that with stress and here I am with a few fine lines under my eyes and my smile line :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I started using Philosophy's Miracle Worker Anti Aging kit but i'm wondering, since I am only 21, will this be good in the long run? I've heard horror stories that using anti aging products too early will cause your skin to become totally dependent on them and your skin will no longer "work" for itself, is this true?

So my questions are:

Is it okay/good for me to be using anti aging products at 21?

Will it be good in the long run or should I just switch to regular moisturizer?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! 

This is my personal opinion and mine only but I think having proper cleansing, moisturization, diet, exercise and spf are the most important things at your age. I know some people believe that the earlier you start with anti-aging the better. I just think if you take care of your skin, both outside and inside, and don't wreck it you will have to use less product later on in life.

Honestly I agree, I think skin care should be practised and even from an early age can be preventative as well as benificial. Yes we all here the horror stories but doesn't that go with all things today???? Used properly and in moderation I believe the effects could last! P.s. Don't stop smiling even though this wrinkles your skin laughter will always be the best medicine for a younger mind set.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my personal opinion and mine only but I think having proper cleansing, moisturization, diet, exercise and spf are the most important things at your age. I know some people believe that the earlier you start with anti-aging the better. I just think if you take care of your skin, both outside and inside, and don't wreck it you will have to use less product later on in life.
I absolutely agree with that, taking care of yourself is key. Had I not already had a few fine lines, I wouldn't even be glancing at anti aging stuff right now. 

I agree with the other opinions above, and while I'm not really nervous about aging skin, I have started to integrate them into my routine. But first things first, make sure to remove your makeup! Leaving it on for even a full night is not healthy for your skin! I use Philosophy Purity wipes when I get home from a long day to let me skin breathe before I go through my routine.

If you're interested in starting to use anti-aging products, you can check out Bona Clara. I have most of their products and really like them, plus they have different lines for your age group, which is a pretty novel concept as far as I know! I use their 20s line (but I don't use all the products all the time), and I like the products because my face feels smooth and clean afterwards. I've used other products that feel really heavy and as if they are clogging my pores, but I've had a good experience with them so far.

Let me know how things work out and if you find any particular products you love! I'm always willing to try something new :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From my understanding, even though the aging process isn't visible yet in your 20s, you are still in the process of losing collagen and elasticity in your skin and after you've lost enough it starts to show in your skin in your 30s+. So by helping your skin build up collagen and elasticity now, you keep the signs of aging away for longer. I'm 24 but I started incorporating anti aging into my skincare routine when I was 22, obviously I don't know for sure what is going to happen but I'm pretty convinced that starting in your 20s is a good thing. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Thanks you guys
signature.jpg
same problem faced by my friend i wil forward this thread to my frnds.

Originally Posted by pichu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From my understanding, even though the aging process isn't visible yet in your 20s, you are still in the process of losing collagen and elasticity in your skin and after you've lost enough it starts to show in your skin in your 30s+. So by helping your skin build up collagen and elasticity now, you keep the signs of aging away for longer. I'm 24 but I started incorporating anti aging into my skincare routine when I was 22, obviously I don't know for sure what is going to happen but I'm pretty convinced that starting in your 20s is a good thing. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...
Now this I have to agree with the most. I do believe that prevention is the key, I was just hoping that using anti-aging stuff so young wouldn't be a bad thing in the long run. Like perhaps my skin would "get used to it" and stop producing things on it's own

Originally Posted by abbyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with the other opinions above, and while I'm not really nervous about aging skin, I have started to integrate them into my routine. But first things first, make sure to remove your makeup! Leaving it on for even a full night is not healthy for your skin! I use Philosophy Purity wipes when I get home from a long day to let me skin breathe before I go through my routine.

If you're interested in starting to use anti-aging products, you can check out Bona Clara. I have most of their products and really like them, plus they have different lines for your age group, which is a pretty novel concept as far as I know! I use their 20s line (but I don't use all the products all the time), and I like the products because my face feels smooth and clean afterwards. I've used other products that feel really heavy and as if they are clogging my pores, but I've had a good experience with them so far.

Let me know how things work out and if you find any particular products you love! I'm always willing to try something new :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for letting me know about this brand, I will definitely be checking it out when I get the chance! 

I don't know if your skin would get used to a particular product but maybe if you switch up your anti-aging regime every now and then it might help? I never really thought about it. I just figured for sure if I dont do anything I will get wrinkly anyway so I better do something now if I can lol. This is a good vid to watch about skincare for your 20s, he's a really reputable and practicing dermatologist

That is a great video - I just watched it! A lot of what he mentioned are ingredients included in the products I already use, so I'm happy to hear a reputable dermatologist add some merit to this notion of treating your skincare according to your age! If you haven't already taken a look at the site I included in my earlier post, just think about it! I've had a great experience so far with Bona Clara. And I love the education they provide with their products.

I'm going to be 30 next year and I started using anti-ageing products in my early 20s. I must say I like the way my skin turned out and people always think I'm much younger than I look.

Now, by anti-ageing I don't mean heavy retinol prescriptions or chemical peels. I mean using a skin-type appropriate moisturizer with SPF daily, get into the habit of using an eye cream to nourish the skin around the eyes, never go to bed with makeup on, exfoliate at least once a week and use a mild glycolic acid cleanser daily (under 8%, mine was 4% I think). These products are always easy to find within any price range.

In addition to that healthy diet, exercise and plenty of water will help you keep the skin looking young longer, but that part is probably obvious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm 22, and I use eye cream/serum. But most important is definitely basic and general skin care -- cleansing and moisturizing!

Oh no, you're already in your twenties. It's time for you to start putting on that anti-aging cosmetic on your lovely face. Your face can become dependent, it usually happens when you start at a very young age. And if you're still afraid of your face becoming too dependent on products, try applying it on the places you need it. Smile lines, under eyes, crows eye, and forehead. It'll work. Good Luck!

Its true that cleansing, moisturization, diet, exercise etc in early age will cure your skin from damaging or age signs. However, to get evergreen, healthy skin you have to accept some rules of life like being happy, using natural beauty products as possible, drinking much water. These are the most important cures that leaves your skin healthy, shiny and young. Try this... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello,

I think you have to start anti-aging product at the age of 30's and above. At this time you have to try some natural remedies to remove wrinkles. The remedies are:-

• [SIZE=12pt]Lemon Juice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Massage lemon juice all over your skin to help get rid of wrinkles. The juice works as a deep cleansing agent and astringent and may help keep the skin clean and taut. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=12pt]Cabbage Juice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] An ancient home remedy for the removal of wrinkles, cabbage juice should be massaged over the facial skin and left to dry. After the juice dries, rinse it off with warm water. Cabbage juice is believed to help tighten up facial muscles. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=12pt]Rose Water:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Another anti-aging treatment is the application of a face pack made up of rose water, honey and turmeric. Use this mixture to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin and prevent wrinkles. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=12pt]Papaya:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Mash a ripe papaya and apply the pulp to the face and neck. The essential vitamins found in papaya help keep the skin smooth and unlined. [/SIZE]

I personally live by prevention is key. I'm not saying go nuts and buy skincare to treat every wrinkle etc. but it's okay to use skincare that has omega, essential fatty acids. Philosophy carries different skin care products that target different concerns. I feel they are safe to use and very gentle on the skin...you really can't go wrong. Of course diet, exercise and SPF do play a big role too.

Treating wrinkles in your 20’s is never too early to start anti aging. Makeup can cover up a lot of imperfections, but that healthy glow comes from a diet, packed with antioxidants. One of the best natural exfoliation for anti wrinkle skin is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and have a diet that includes all nutrients. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily so that your skin remains well hydrated or you have to try some natural remedies to remove wrinkles.

The natural  home remedies are:-
 Lemon Juice: 
Massage lemon juice all over your skin to help get rid of wrinkles. The juice works as a deep cleansing agent and astringent and may help keep the skin clean and taut.

Olive Oil :   Olive oil is one of the most effective natural oils that help in lightening wrinkles and fine lines and tightening sagging skin.

Fenugreek : Fenugreek is an extremely common kitchen spice that has immense medicinal value and has been used for ages as a home remedy for treating various ailments.

Egg Whites: Applying egg white mask is an easy and effective way of lightening wrinkles and fine lines.

Honey:  Honey is nature’s answer to all skin problems. It is the best nourishment for dry skin that helps in keeping skin hydrated by preventing moisture loss.

Clair r

link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back