Sign in to follow this  
tinkerbll695

Birchbox January 2013

I love all of the products mentioned in the video.

I got the aerie shimmer last month i thought it smelled nice i didnt like that it wasnt a spray bottle though. I really dont want to get the mascara because i recived the lash stash kit from sephora for christmas. it has about 9 differnt mascaras im good for now on that end lol.

Originally Posted by AMaas View Post

Found a couple of Pixi shades that might work. 

http://www.pixibeauty.com/pixiglow/catching-shadows-crayon - I did a comparison on my hand (bad camera so didn't share pic), and this pencil is more opaque than Mary-Lou so the color comes off a little darker, but it's the same gold shade.  Plus, this stuff is long-lasting so it would be great on the eye.   

And I don't have this product myself, but I wonder if it might be close as well?  It says cream-gold glimmer. 

http://www.pixibeauty.com/pixiglow/fairy-dust

I love Pixi products!

The sneak-peak products look promising!  I am excited to see what I get...I wish I could stop myself from peaking this month but...yeah, thats not gonna happen..

Another idea for a more golden toned shimmer shadow is MAC Naked Lunch (love the name too)...its my favorite go to for a not-a-lot-a makeup look but really brightens the eye area.

I've gotten Caudalie products twice so far - the hand cream in the Gossip Girl box (that finally ran out last month boo!) and a serum in the Goop box. I've liked both of them so I'd welcome this as well!

Originally Posted by Dollysantana View Post

Would love to try the Embryolisse Lait-Créme

For those of you who got it in a previous box what was your profile like if it's not too much to ask please! wink.gif

I have the full sized one and absoutely love it! its my favorite moisturizer to use under my makeup. lightweight and nearly no smell.

I would like to try any of the products in this months video, except the mascara.  I love mascara, but my lashes are almost too long as it is so I stay away from ones that add length. 

I saw a Stila brush set under the "new" items in the Birchbox shop.  If anyone is thinking of purchasing this set, I highly recommend it.  I purchased a similar Stila brush set a couple of years ago, and I'm really happy it.  I have a other brushes by MAC and Sephora, but the Stila brushes I use almost daily.  The handles are a medium length, which I find is easier to use than longer handled brushes. They are good quality.  I wash mine about once a week, and they have held up well and dont shed. 

I have the full sized one and absoutely love it! its my favorite moisturizer to use under my makeup. lightweight and nearly no smell.
I got the embryolisse sample a couple boxes ago and loved it. Bought the full size as soon as it was available.

Originally Posted by hindsighting View Post

On the topic of Sephora employees - the ones inside my jc penney are the best. On two separate visits two different employees recognized me just from coming in there once and talking to them for advice. I wish they carried more products so I could go only to that store!

Really?! The ones at mine are completely clueless. I'm sure a lot of us feel this way, but.... I swear I must know 1000% more than them about the products. I remember walking in and asking if they had a certain product, I think it was something by Lavanila, and they said they had never heard of that.

Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

I don't think it'll be that way this time, because the samples they send out are the ones they show in the video, this time being a little tube.

The tube is the full-sized item, worth like $18 (? $16) dollars. They pretty frequently show the full sized item rather than the sample size. I'm pretty sure they did for the MLM in the spoiler vid a couple months back

The tube is the full-sized item, worth like $18 (? $16) dollars. They pretty frequently show the full sized item rather than the sample size. I'm pretty sure they did for the MLM in the spoiler vid a couple months back
yes but they don't dialysis a smaller version of a proficiency to a big container, posing as the sample . usually only the full size is featured in the video, and not paired with another size.

yes but they don't dialysis a smaller version of a proficiency to a big container, posing as the sample . usually only the full size is featured in the video, and not paired with another size.

That first sentence does not make any sense to me. o_0

Edit: HOLY SHIT. Has anyone seen the price tag of the My Mattifying Moisturizer? $85!!!! Hahahahaha, nope!

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I think gemstone meant to say (correct me if I'm wrong) that if a smaller version (sample size) of a full sized product is shown in the video, the small size is the one that should be in the boxes. (like the aerie perfume was shown with a sample and so was the lashem mascara) The Embryolisse shown in the video was of a full sized tube and a mini tube housed in a little cardboard box. I think this time around the BB boxes will get a little tube of the Embryolisse instead of the two foil packets. Sometimes BB will show the sample size along with the full size  and sometimes they'll just show the full size product. I think in the case of showing the full size product they either are 1) going to put full sizes in the boxes or 2) a sample size of the product was not available when they filmed the sneak peek video since those videos seemed to be filmed over a month in advance. 

Edit: forgot about spoilers....

Does anyone know if they still send out anniversary codes for 3v34y 3,6,etc months? I passed my 12th month in December and my 15th month should be March. I really want the Clarisonic Mia but it looks like they took the brand off the the site but the Mia is still for sale.

Originally Posted by ahkae View Post

Does anyone know if they still send out anniversary codes for 3v34y 3,6,etc months? I passed my 12th month in December and my 15th month should be March. I really want the Clarisonic Mia but it looks like they took the brand off the the site but the Mia is still for sale.

I just ordered my Mia last month and I just check and they still have Clarisonic listed as one of the brands http://www.birchbox.com/shop/brands/clarisonic

I am wondering about the anniversary codes too, I just got my 9 month code and I only order from BB about every 3 months so I like using my anniversary codes.

That first sentence does not make any sense to me. o_0 [spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!] Edit: HOLY SHIT. Has anyone seen the price tag of the My Mattifying Moisturizer? $85!!!! Hahahahaha, nope!

Hahahahaha not editing it because it is such a bizarre autocorrect (and tinkerbll695 explained it so eloquently)

They stop sending out percentages off after a year??  I was counting on being good and saving up my points for a few months (like 6 more) and cashing them in when i get another 20% off down the road.  If I've already been with them for a year, you're saying this won't happen anymore?  Now my big plans are foiled! sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

They stop sending out percentages off after a year??  I was counting on being good and saving up my points for a few months (like 6 more) and cashing them in when i get another 20% off down the road.  If I've already been with them for a year, you're saying this won't happen anymore?  Now my big plans are foiled! sleepyhead.gif

I've had it happen where I've used my anniversary code and a better public code has come out, so I wouldn't worry too much, just take advantage of those.

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

Here's an interesting question then: What's the benefit of not "resetting" your account? If you skip for one month, technically your account is back to one month...do you get the 20% off codes again (has anyone tried this)? Or is there a 2-year anniversary gift for BB too that's worth sticking around for?

Here's an interesting question then: What's the benefit of not "resetting" your account? If you skip for one month, technically your account is back to one month...do you get the 20% off codes again (has anyone tried this)? Or is there a 2-year anniversary gift for BB too that's worth sticking around for?
I recently got the key chain as a 2 year anniversary gift. I didn't get a 1 year gift.

I actually opened a second account that coincided with my first (so the 3 month coupon came at 12 month + 3 months on the original account) and was weirdly able to use the codes on both accounts at the same time.  But once I closed the second account, I haven't been able to get the codes to work, even at the right times.  

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I was thinking of doing this but I wasn't sure if it would work.  I emailed birchbox about not getting any anniversary codes after a year and they gave the stock "We are working on it, thanks for your feedback" answer. 

Is anyone else a BB Affiliate? I had around $60 in my YTD account, and I know they don't actually pay you until you reach $100, but now my account says $0 because it's 2013. Grrr. I emailed the melissa person a few times and she hasn't replied. Does anyone have any personal experience to share?