Sign in to follow this  
tinkerbll695

Birchbox January 2013

Well I got box # 1 which is just awful. The only thing that's a decent size is the mini nail polish! Everything is so tiny I don't see how I can even really sample them properly and form an opinion on anything.

I haven't gotten a crappy box in a very long time so I am really disappointed.

My second box on my boyfriend's subscription looks to be better. Although I am getting ANOTHER Juicy couture fragrance sample and I am ready to throw it at their faces!

Question - for the Eyeko liners, this month or in the past, does anyone know if the color you receive is the same as your box picture?  Or is it just whatever?  Out of all of the Eyeko colors, pretty much the only one that I wouldn't want (would never work with my coloring) is the turquoise, and of course that's what's in my box picture, lol.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

Generally, if I get a tracking number on my account before I get a shipping email, it really hasn't shipped and won't update until I get the email.

I did get the shipping email, and the stinkin tracking numbers still don't work. Grrrrr!

Originally Posted by aftereight View Post

Well I got box # 1 which is just awful. The only thing that's a decent size is the mini nail polish! Everything is so tiny I don't see how I can even really sample them properly and form an opinion on anything.

I haven't gotten a crappy box in a very long time so I am really disappointed.

My second box on my boyfriend's subscription looks to be better. Although I am getting ANOTHER Juicy couture fragrance sample and I am ready to throw it at their faces!

It's funny how some can love a box and some can hate a box... i would have LOVED to get box 1!  The polish, the hair serum, the lid balm.. all great things in my eyes

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB View Post

I'm proud of myself, I have not peaked and my boxes will be a total surprise (haven't done that since February, before I knew about this forum :) )

My boxes should be here tomorrow.

Weight of box 1: 0.4730

Weight of box 2: 0.4500

Both with a Projected Delivery Date of Jan 15 2013

I really hope they are not the same, if they are, it will be the first time since May when I got a second box. If they are the same, I will trade the whole box and cancel that one. It's about time: I pay for 2 Birchboxes, 1 Ipsy, and 1 Birchbox man every month. he he.

Wow! Both my boxes were delivered. I will know the contents when I get off of work!

I'm getting box #23 and I think it's the worst box. It was the one box I was hoping not to get. The blush interests me, but that is about it. I would be excited for the DDF, but I have tried it before and disliked the product. Ah well, hopefully next month will be be better.

Originally Posted by BarbieZ View Post

Question - for the Eyeko liners, this month or in the past, does anyone know if the color you receive is the same as your box picture?  Or is it just whatever?  Out of all of the Eyeko colors, pretty much the only one that I wouldn't want (would never work with my coloring) is the turquoise, and of course that's what's in my box picture, lol.

I got the olive one back in July and I just went and checked that box page and the image showed a purple one. When there are different colours available no matter the product (eyeko, nail polish, etc.), I don't think the one shown on your box page is necessarily the one you'll actually get.

Originally Posted by norther View Post

I got the olive one back in July and I just went and checked that box page and the image showed a purple one. When there are different colours available no matter the product (eyeko, nail polish, etc.), I don't think the one shown on your box page is necessarily the one you'll actually get.

Sometimes the pictures are true to box and some aren't. I think for September with the Color Club polishes, the images were true to box. I got the black mini in mine, and the picture obviously showed a full-size item. Some of them are showing the turquoise, but you might just end up with a black anyway idk.

Originally Posted by starfighter82 View Post

I'm getting box #23 and I think it's the worst box. It was the one box I was hoping not to get. The blush interests me, but that is about it. I would be excited for the DDF, but I have tried it before and disliked the product. Ah well, hopefully next month will be better.

I'm getting the DDF and I will not even try it. I had a horrible reaction to the last product they sent me and it took almost two months to clear it up!

question:  has any one had this happen in the past--  when i click on my box it shows one picture for jan--but the box history pic for jan has something enirely different??  I am really really really hoping for the one that shows up when clicking my box and not the one in my box history....

This Month's Box

this is the one that shows up when i click my box

but my box history shows:

Birchbox: January 2013

???? and this is not anything i have received in the past....

Originally Posted by bwgraham View Post

question:  has any one had this happen in the past--  when i click on my box it shows one picture for jan--but the box history pic for jan has something enirely different??  I am really really really hoping for the one that shows up when clicking my box and not the one in my box history....

This Month's Box

this is the one that shows up when i click my box

but my box history shows:

Birchbox: January 2013

???? and this is not anything i have received in the past....

Box twins, I think the little thumbnail is a mistake. My thumbnail shows the same exact picture and there is no way I could receive that box since I already got mary lou in October.

I'm getting Box 29.

DDF® Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum
Kérastase Elixir Ultime - Protect
Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy
theBalm® cosmetics Hot Mama Shadow & Blush All-in-One
Kérastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique - Protect

I did get the shipping email, and the stinkin tracking numbers still don't work. Grrrrr!
My tracking number isn't working yet either. UGHHH. Annoying!

Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

Box twins, I think the little thumbnail is a mistake. My thumbnail shows the same exact picture and there is no way I could receive that box since I already got mary lou in October.

thanks!!~ makes me feel much better :)

Originally Posted by cosmia View Post

my account is doing the same thing! strange.

are you getting the same box? 

Box 2,  what a dud.  More hair products and perfumes that I'll never use.  Lashem that Beauty Army gave out a full size of months ago,  and foil packets.  I miss the excitement of this box,  now it is a second thought to every other subscription box.

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Sometimes the pictures are true to box and some aren't. I think for September with the Color Club polishes, the images were true to box. I got the black mini in mine, and the picture obviously showed a full-size item. Some of them are showing the turquoise, but you might just end up with a black anyway idk.

agree.. my club color was correct; but my lip gloss last month was different not and my friends chocolate last month didn't match her picture as well.  I think it's hit or miss.

For whatever reason, my shipping info still isn't working.  I tried the direct link, the regular UPS link, and the USPS link, but nothing.  My box FINALLY updated earlier today and I know I'm getting Box 1.  This is the first time I've ever gotten the main box I was hoping for, so I'm pretty happy about that.  I know the samples are little, but as long as I can tell if I like something or not, then I'm okay with it!  (My biggest complaint is with hair products because I have long, thick, wavy/curly hair and there never seems to be enough product to effectively test it, even though I'm always trying to find stuff I like).

I seem to be in the minority, but I love perfume samples (though I was truly hoping to avoid yet another Juicy perfume!) because I'm not a 1-scent kind of girl.  I change mine up with my mood, the time of day, what I'm wearing, whatever.  I have a few go-to scents but I'm always willing to try something different, especially since we don't have places that give samples where I live.  

If anyone else has gotten Box 1 already, what color was the polish?  Is it the same as the picture or are they doing a variety?  I don't care what color I get, I'm just curious if they're all the same or not?

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Lol yeah, that's actually why I grew it out in the first place..this is the first time I've had short hair in the 6 years I've worked in healthcare :) I've regretted cutting it off a few times already but I absolutely had to, it was a "either go get a real haircut or end up hacking it off in the middle of the night with a butcher knife" sort of thing...needed a change! 

Plus it forces me to be more creative with styling. :) Now I have an excuse to go buy some cute barettes and clips and headbands!

Ugh did anyone else see the short bobs blog entry on BBhttp://www.birchbox.com/the-haute-box/trend-alert-how-to-style-the-new-bob/

I cut my hair super short last January -- like right below my ear -- and it was styled very cutely at first, but growing it out has been a pain. It looked like such a mess for 9 of the last 12 months. My hair has finally gotten to the point where I would call it "long" again (I felt my hair again my back a couple of weeks ago) but as soon as I saw this post, I was making grabby hands at short hair again.

I love short hair in theory, but I think I prefer having long hair because it's actually less work for me (short hair requires more styling :C) but I'm always super jealous when I see people with stylish short bobs.

Received box #10 and very happy with everything in it. I got:

Embryolise moisturizer, cute sample but very small

Onjon hair oil, definitely used too much these morning and made my hair super greasy, so need to work on that

Aerie perfume, love vanilla, REALLY wish I had gotten the Skinny chic scent since I love dmy last Harvey Prince sample

Eyeko liner in black, I don't typically where a lot of eye makeup but I swtached it on my hand and loved the fine line so thi smight be a game changer for me, I'm glad it is in a normal color and not something crazy bright

2 packets of 100% Pure lotion in green apple and cabarnet grape. A nice extra, even though it is packets 

This is all pretty on-target with my settings of being classic. I made perfume my splurge this month hoping I would not get any, but guess that didn't work. At least it is a scent I will use. Anyone receive the Skinny Chic and try it yet? I see a rollerball in the store and am thinking about getting it. I do like really fruity scents so it sounds like it would be my thing.

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Lol yeah, that's actually why I grew it out in the first place..this is the first time I've had short hair in the 6 years I've worked in healthcare :) I've regretted cutting it off a few times already but I absolutely had to, it was a "either go get a real haircut or end up hacking it off in the middle of the night with a butcher knife" sort of thing...needed a change! 

Plus it forces me to be more creative with styling. :) Now I have an excuse to go buy some cute barettes and clips and headbands!

Ugh did anyone else see the short bobs blog entry on BBhttp://www.birchbox.com/the-haute-box/trend-alert-how-to-style-the-new-bob/

I cut my hair super short last January -- like right below my ear -- and it was styled very cutely at first, but growing it out has been a pain. It looked like such a mess for 9 of the last 12 months. My hair has finally gotten to the point where I would call it "long" again (I felt my hair again my back a couple of weeks ago) but as soon as I saw this post, I was making grabby hands at short hair again.

I love short hair in theory, but I think I prefer having long hair because it's actually less work for me (short hair requires more styling :C) but I'm always super jealous when I see people with stylish short bobs.

LOL. In the past, when I'd have long hair, I'd yearn to chop it off. Then when I did, I missed my long hair. Story of my life. And I agree...the growing out period is a nightmare!

I didn't see that post, and it made me laugh - I had no idea that the haircut I got was an "in" hairstyle for right now  (I don't pay much attention to hair stuff, or at least I didn't before), but seriously the day after I got it I started noticing the angled bobs in blogs, magazines, pinterest, etc for the last couple of months. Accidentally on trend, I guess...lol.

Anyone that gets the primer and tries it out, please let me know how it compares to ones you've tried before. I love the brand and I would have enough points after this month to get it for free. Would love some reviews. :D :D