activated charcoal spot treatment mask

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the activated charcoal mask by Origins. It's a great mask but it is very pricey. I make my own which is very effective and a lot cheaper. You will need : Activated charcoal powder or you can buy the pills but you will need to crush these up into a fine powder. You can get activated charcoal from pharmacies or buy it online. 100% Aloe vera gel Mix both these ingredients until you get a paste consistency. Then apply to any areas that are prone to breakout or any pimples you have. Leave it on for about 30 minutes or until the mask dries. The mask works when it dries as when the charcoal dries it will draw out the impurities from the skin. Pls make sure you test this mask on your skin before using as charcoal can stain the skin. This depends on your skin and how it reacts. You can make extra and store it in the fridge for about 5 days so it's ready to use as a spot treatment when you need it. I would love to know how you get on if you try this. But please do a patch test as everyone's skin is different.

My skin probably wouldn't tolerate this but it makes sense and sounds like a great idea. I use black soap which has ashes in it and I adore it.

I think Lush still has a face cleanser/scrub with charcoal inside (yes, i've checked it's Dark angels, you also have the coalface soap bar). I've done this mask a few times (i rotate with white clay masks), and it works well. It's also funny to have a black mask on your face ^^

I forgot lush do the coalface. I have tried it. Not tried the dark angels. Is that similar to the soap?

Back