First time mani

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Im exploring my feminine side and was considering getting a mani.  Theres so many styles out there that are just gorgeous, but I cant decide which to go with for my first try.  Could anyone help with any suggestions? 

A good starting place is a nice nude. Classy, looks good with everything, understated. My favorite nude would either be OPI Barefoot in Barcelona or Essie Eternal Optimist.

If you want to go bold, you can't go wrong with a classic pin-up red

Essie: First Dance/ Aperitif

Zoya: Kristi/ Sookie

Butter London: Pillar Box Red/ Come To Bed Red

I'm a red nail-a-holic & those are a few I've been gravitating towards lately.

Those sound good..what others would you suggest?  Im an aspiring crossdresser so im considering my options

Glitters Glitters Glitters! Glittery nail polish is gorgeous and perfect for the holidays! I love both small flake and chunky flakes, any color looks great with glitters :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you want some really detailed designs/prints you could try the nail polish strips from Sally Hansen or Incoco. There's a little learning curve in putting them on the best way, but once they're on they wear really well & are super easy to remove with just a little polish remover. I think you can get them at any drugstore/target/etc. 

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want some really detailed designs/prints you could try the nail polish strips from Sally Hansen or Incoco. There's a little learning curve in putting them on the best way, but once they're on they wear really well & are super easy to remove with just a little polish remover. I think you can get them at any drugstore/target/etc. 
I disagree...I found them to be a PITA to get off every time I used them!! So now I avoid them like the plague. I'd rather have to redo my polish in the middle of the week than try to get those crap pieces off!!

Back