Elf cosmetics problems

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered several items from elf cosmetics in the first week of December. I received what I thought was my full order on Dec. 11. When I opened it up, I found only HALF my order was sent. Plus the makeup brushes which were the main reason I ordered, were missing. When I tried to contact ELF online, and by phone, I kept getting messages, such as: "Due to high call volume, we are not able to answer your call." Or e-mails saying they can't receive or retrieve messages for 48-72 hours. I have been calling for DAYS. I am very frustrated and confused. I mean, shouldn't a company as big and well established as ELF have some people on the phones? Or at least answer my e-mails? This strikes me as REALLY, REALLY UNPROFESSIONAL! Has anyone else had this problem lately? The brushes I wanted are now sold out on line. They better go find me some, or they are going to have one irate customer on their hands!-Roxi ;(

Originally Posted by boots1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered several items from elf cosmetics in the first week of December. I received what I thought was my full order on Dec. 11. When I opened it up, I found only HALF my order was sent. Plus the makeup brushes which were the main reason I ordered, were missing. When I tried to contact ELF online, and by phone, I kept getting messages, such as: "Due to high call volume, we are not able to answer your call." Or e-mails saying they can't receive or retrieve messages for 48-72 hours. I have been calling for DAYS. I am very frustrated and confused. I mean, shouldn't a company as big and well established as ELF have some people on the phones? Or at least answer my e-mails? This strikes me as REALLY, REALLY UNPROFESSIONAL! Has anyone else had this problem lately? The brushes I wanted are now sold out on line. They better go find me some, or they are going to have one irate customer on their hands!-Roxi ;(
I placed an order on cyber monday, and it just shipped on the 10th of December. I'm supposed to get it on Monday. If it is messed up, I'm gonna be pissed.

Yeah-good luck with that. Plus the worry that you won't have any recourse if it is screwed up!

I remember emailing them the first time I ordered, well, last year. It took almost a month before I received them.

Do not give up. Try to spare a few minutes per day to call/email them. They are responsive but I guess, this holiday season, they are backed up with emails/calls from holiday sales and back to back promo.

Originally Posted by boots1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never had a problem ordering from them. I did an order during black friday and I got it within a week and a half. One of the items was damaged. I emailed them about it and I even offered to show a picture of it. The responded within a day, didn't ask for a picture, and sent me a replacement right away. This happened to me twice(black friday and two months ago) and they've always sent a replacement right away.

Yeah I had the EXCAT same problem. I emailed them and got a response the next day asking what items I was missing but where charged for I sent another email w/ that information and got a email back the same day saying my CC was issued a refund but i have to wait 7-14 days before i see it..... never had this kind of problem w/ ELF before but i think its b/c of the holidays so ill give them some slack since they did respond within the 24/48 hours

I have found that their shipping is occasionally slow but anytime I have had things missing or broken they have replaced it without question. I have ordered a lot of stuff for Christmas lately and I can say that most e-tailers are bogged down and shipping slow this season for some reason.

I have had an order before that was missing some items, after I got in touch with them, they said it was because they ran out of those items, so they have already refunded me for me. I wish I could have gotten them somehow, like if they would just send them later when they came back in stock, but they said they don't do that.

I've only ordered once from elf, and I had no problems, stuff shipped right away and everything arrived perfectly fine, hope your issues gets solved though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just want to let everyone know hat I finally got in touch with elf customer service today. They put me through to a manager, who promised to send me the missing makeup brushes. I will let you know when I receive them, and the quality of them. My hubby and I priced some high quality brushes for under $20 at walmart!

I placed an order with them on Cyber Monday as well. I bought 2 of the make up bags that were on sale for, I think, $10 instead of $20, chock full of goodies. The packing list was comprehensive in that it listed everything that should have been there, but about a third of it was missing. Same as you, I called and called but got no answer. When I went back on their site I saw that their phones were down and so I emailed them. They wrote back within the time period they said, 48-72 hours, and were very helpful and efficient. I listed every single item I did not receive, and they refunded me in full for those items even though I bought them at discount. Incredible! That is great customer service and I will definitely be shopping there in the future.

Of the original $36 I spent they refunded me $25. I think as long as you are patient with them, and get the right customer service rep, they are very good. Holidays are tough!

I compare this to The Body Shop where I was on hold for 4+ hours, until after 9pm when they close, and never got any answer. That was the WORST experience! So since I had both of these I am very happy to have had the e.l.f. one.

I recently placed an order with elf, and I had no problems. I got my items in about a week, and everything I ordered was there.

Latest posts

Back