QOTD December 16, 2012 Do you have any Christmas or holiday family traditions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you find and cut your own tree? Maybe go caroling or attend holiday services.. just wondering what traditions you keep during the holidays.

We always go walking on "Candy Cane Lane". It is a street a couple of miles away from us that is decorated to the hilt! The homeowners spend so much money on the decorations, music and lights it's amazing. People come from far away just to see this street because it is so pretty and festive. We park over near there and my family and I always go walking, taking pictures, talking to neighbors.

I love Candy Cane Lanes! We have several in our area, even a house with lights timed to music lol. Even though I'm in my twenties and my brothers are teens/young men, I still leave a few presents hidden til Christmas eve. Then they are wrapped and presented on Christmas morning. My parents would leave their gifts out under the tree and stay up late on the eve to wrap and put out Santa's presents lol. So, while my mom's gone and we're adults or old enough to know better, I find it comforting to keep that going. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We also have Zoo Lights that a local zoo puts on. It's a cute and fun jaunt to go with friends and family, grab some cocoa or coffee and see the decorations at night.

Pretty much, we go to my aunt's house (it used to be my grandparent's, but we switched), my grandpa makes his super super good chip dip (not joking, its amazing, he's done it ever since my mom was young), we play games, open presents and hang out! its usually pretty fun... :) :)

Back