LooseButton/LuxeBox USA Winter Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did NOT expect to receive my box today. I have issues every time I try post a pic on this site.

Eyeko Mini Skinny Brush Mascara

Essie Nail Lacquer- Leading Lady
Orlane Eye contour
Marc anthony Beach Spray
Donna Karan- Woman (perfume 0.24 fl oz)<<<<think I found my sign. scent
Kerastase- lumiere liquid (0.10 fl  oz)
Marc Anthony curl defining lotion
Loose button- Kabuki Brush

Edit: Cleared out the one that didn't work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sounds like a good box to me! It's fine to make a new thread for the winter one
smilehappyyes.gif

this box was absolutely terriblell sample sizes except essie polish-definitely not worth the $26.  the eyeko and eye contour size is equivalent to my pinky finger, if not smaller and the kerastase was in a similar container like sample spray perfumes that are free-which i thought it was...

the curl lotion,beach spray, and nail polish will be going to my friends daughter since i have stick straight hair.  overall, i'd rate this box a 0. 

happy holidays, loosebuttons!

Originally Posted by glamigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this box was absolutely terriblell sample sizes except essie polish-definitely not worth the $26.  the eyeko and eye contour size is equivalent to my pinky finger, if not smaller and the kerastase was in a similar container like sample spray perfumes that are free-which i thought it was...

the curl lotion,beach spray, and nail polish will be going to my friends daughter since i have stick straight hair.  overall, i'd rate this box a 0. 

happy holidays, loosebuttons!
Yeah, WTF was up with the curl lotion being sent out to people whose hair won't hold a curl even when they try (read:  me)?  Seriously, Luxe Box, *fail*. 

(As for the mascara, I would give them a pass on the size because it's not really *that* small:  This is a half-sized version of their full-sized mascaras that sell for $19 a pop.  And the eye contour sample might be small, but this particular item sells for $115 for half an ounce, so this sample is equivalent to $39  But the curl product?  Not acceptable in my book.  And I distinctly recall one of the profile questions being about fragrance samples.  I answered no.  I got a fragrance sample.  A fancy one that is in a miniature version of the regular bottle, but, still, a fragrance sample that I had requested to not receive when given the choice.  I will not be signing up again if they decide to start up US subscriptions unless they actually match items to profiles or at least do not send out specialized products -- like the curl lotion -- to everyone.)

ETA:  I'm sending this to them via their Support Centre right now:

Subject:  Curl lotion?  Sent to someone with straight hair?  Seriously?

Hello -- 

I don't normally voice complaints about the contents of subscription boxes, but one of the items in the box I just received is so *wrong* to send out to everyone that I have to point this out:  Curl defining lotion.  Seriously?  I have hair that won't hold a curl even when I try.  It's a large sample, sure, but it's a large sample that is absolutely useless to me.  

Also, I distinctly recall a question on the profile about perfume-free boxes, and I know I answered that I did not want one.  I recall this specifically because I was very excited to see that there was finally a subscription box out there that offered perfume-free boxes because I can't wear alcohol-based scent, and I took that question to mean that I would be getting a perfume sample-free box!  Yay!  Until I actually received this box.  A large tube of curl lotion and a deluxe sample of something that I has requested to not get.  Not so hot.  

And I know I'm not the only person with straight hair that won't hold a curl who received this lotion because there is a discussion about this very issue on one of the larger makeup forums that is sure to grow as more and more people receive their boxes, so I would not be surprised if you get more and more emails like this as deliveries are made.  Like I said at the beginning of this email, I don't normally complain about things like this, but this product is so egregiously *wrong* for me while it may be a dream product for someone else that I had to say something.

Thanks,

-- meagan

I was mad about the curl lotion as well. I don't understand why company's have us take a profile and then don't abide by it (Glossybox is a super offender) and I did not expect this from luxebox.

My whole family is in Canada and I was considering getting a canadian subscription to this box but after this mishap I am passing.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, WTF was up with the curl lotion being sent out to people whose hair won't hold a curl even when they try (read:  me)?  Seriously, Luxe Box, *fail*. 

(As for the mascara, I would give them a pass on the size because it's not really *that* small:  This is a half-sized version of their full-sized mascaras that sell for $19 a pop.  And the eye contour sample might be small, but this particular item sells for $115 for half an ounce, so this sample is equivalent to $39  But the curl product?  Not acceptable in my book.  And I distinctly recall one of the profile questions being about fragrance samples.  I answered no.  I got a fragrance sample.  A fancy one that is in a miniature version of the regular bottle, but, still, a fragrance sample that I had requested to not receive when given the choice.  I will not be signing up again if they decide to start up US subscriptions unless they actually match items to profiles or at least do not send out specialized products -- like the curl lotion -- to everyone.)

Hello -- 

I don't normally voice complaints about the contents of subscription boxes, but one of the items in the box I just received is so *wrong* to send out to everyone that I have to point this out:  Curl defining lotion.  Seriously?  I have hair that won't hold a curl even when I try.  It's a large sample, sure, but it's a large sample that is absolutely useless to me.  

Also, I distinctly recall a question on the profile about perfume-free boxes, and I know I answered that I did not want one.  I recall this specifically because I was very excited to see that there was finally a subscription box out there that offered perfume-free boxes because I can't wear alcohol-based scent, and I took that question to mean that I would be getting a perfume sample-free box!  Yay!  Until I actually received this box.  A large tube of curl lotion and a deluxe sample of something that I has requested to not get.  Not so hot.  

And I know I'm not the only person with straight hair that won't hold a curl who received this lotion because there is a discussion about this very issue on one of the larger makeup forums that is sure to grow as more and more people receive their boxes, so I would not be surprised if you get more and more emails like this as deliveries are made.  Like I said at the beginning of this email, I don't normally complain about things like this, but this product is so egregiously *wrong* for me while it may be a dream product for someone else that I had to say something.

Thanks,

-- meagan

Same here. Please let us know if you get a response. I am pissed.

It stunk. The box, that is.  I have slightly wavy hair and have no use for it. The value of the box was not very good. I am glad it is not a monthly.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello -- 

Thanks,

-- meagan

Oh, wow, gang, I JUST GOT A RESPONSE -- LITERALLY SEVEN MINUTES AGO.  I sent that email on the 18th -- OF DECEMBER.  Yes, I'm deliberately all-caps-ing it.  By my count, that's forty-four days later.  Their response is under this spoiler cut due solely to length.  I'm also deliberately leaving in the discount code if anyone wants it because I'm sure as hell not going to use it.  And total weaksauce reason for including products for THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF HAIR.  And I am not holding my breath on that replacement item.

FEB 01, 2013  |  08:38PM EST 

Loose Button Support Team replied:

Hi Meagan,
Thank you for reaching out to Loose Button. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your Luxe Box experience this past season. In terms of the Curl Defining Lotion, our Beauty Editors picked out the product to capitalize the trend of changing hair styles during the holidays. We noticed a lot of women curled their hairs for parties or other holiday outings, and hoped that this product would help individuals better maintain their curls for the night. 

For the Fragrance, this is something I can certainly resolve for you. I have requested that our fulfillment centre ship you a replacement product for this error. 

As a token of appreciation for your patience and understanding, I created a special $5 Gift Code for you, which can be used towards our recently launched Valentine's Day Pop-up store. If you find anything there you like, you can use the code "SY2PO-2HIHA-AS3V1-TMONN" athttps://shop.loosebutton.com/brands/vday-gift-guide.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Have a wonderful evening.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Back