QOTD 12.18.12 - What's your favorite holiday movie?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessP

Advanced Member
Reaction score
My all-time favorite is "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" - I have to watch it every year or it just doesn't feel like the holidays!

One of my favorite lines is when dear Aunt Bethany asks, "Is your house on fire, Clark?" to which Clark replies, "No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.." Lol 
biggrin.gif

Lol, nice choice! I still love Ralphie.. The Christmas Story and original How The Grinch Stole Christmas...those are tied on my list. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Spiking my cocoa and curling up on the couch with a warm throw to watch those make me a very happy woman!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spiking my cocoa and curling up on the couch with a warm throw to watch those make me a very happy woman!
I'm coming to your house!
smilehappyyes.gif

Clark Griswold is the epitome of frustrated Christmas creatures...maybe only second to George Bailey (It's a wonderful life).

Some of my personal favorites are (in no particular order):

White Christmas (Bing Crosby version)

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Miracle on 34th Street

Home Alone

It's a Wonderful Life

ELF

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Rumpleminz or however it's spelled and some gourmet cocoa! Lol, I'll forgo spiking cocoa this year, since I keep a dry home now. But you can always treat yourself! I do love White Christmas, too. The music and dancing is great, plus the elegance and that era of Hollywood are interesting to me. Another fave, The Nightmare Before Christmas!! I watch that year round lol... Doesn't need to be Christmas, I like that movie so much ha.

My family always watches National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve. Tradition. (Usually we watch Elf during the day or a few days before Christmas!) My favorite, though, will always be A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

Charlie Brown! My friend is a Peanuts nut, lol... She's got all the programs on DVD and a ton of collectibles, still boxed. I got her a Peanuts Tee for Christmas. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Charlie Brown! My friend is a Peanuts nut, lol... She's got all the programs on DVD and a ton of collectibles, still boxed. I got her a Peanuts Tee for Christmas.
biggrin.gif
Teehee, that's so cute. We have the droopy "tree" with a red ornament in our front window at home. 

Yep, that sits on the table at entry ways in several of my friend's homes. I had a pt several years ago who's kids sent a Peanuts themed decorated miniature tree with the Charlie Brown Christmas story DVD for a nostalgic touch. It was awesome looking!

Definitely want to get in on the spiked cocoa, that sounds awesome (and also, why have I not thought about doing this before?? lol). I also like spiked mulled apple cider as a cozy beverage. I may have to curl up and enjoy some of these movies with one of these drinks this weekend! Ooh and I forgot about the cute TV movies, like Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph (love that Abominable Snowman).

Rumpleminz! It's peppermint schnapps or something.. crazy delicious with cocoa or some hot buttered rum is always a good choice!

Originally Posted by maleia91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love The Nightmare before Christmas. 
 That's a good one! :) :)

I would have to say my all time favorite is Home Alone. I think it pretty much makes me laugh everytime I watch it.

Originally Posted by mizjmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a good one! :) :)

I would have to say my all time favorite is Home Alone. I think it pretty much makes me laugh everytime I watch it.
Yup yup Home Alone here too! I love it and it always makes me laugh, I love the faces Macaulay Culkin makes, he was such a cute kid, I had the biggest crush on him growing up! Lmao

Back