(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel like a makeup/sub junkie
LOL Well we could always go to rehab together because I'm another makeup/sub junkie. LOL

That fits several, if not many of us people here! Just had to get my post and thread subscription going lol.. I think this is month 3 for Ipsy and I. Can't believe it's been that fast. Dunno if I'm going to keep them or not..this could be on the chopping block. Will have to sit and review my last three months and calculate value vs use to me.

I started out doing the sub stuff after I got engaged.  I thought - hey maybe I can find a perfume to wear the day of or find an eyeshadow or lipstick/gloss I will want to wear the day of.  Yeah - now I'm a sample junkie and have found a makeup artist.  

I just got my sample bag from Ulta + the 3 free samples they send you. I don't think I've used the shampoo I have bought for the past 5 hair washes due to the samples I have. 

I have been able to make my mom up a cute sample/product box and I am currently making up one for my S-I-L.  

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I started out doing the sub stuff after I got engaged.  I thought - hey maybe I can find a perfume to wear the day of or find an eyeshadow or lipstick/gloss I will want to wear the day of.  Yeah - now I'm a sample junkie and have found a makeup artist.  

I just got my sample bag from Ulta + the 3 free samples they send you. I don't think I've used the shampoo I have bought for the past 5 hair washes due to the samples I have. 

I have been able to make my mom up a cute sample/product box and I am currently making up one for my S-I-L.  
Awhhh! Congrats on your engagement!

What does everyone here subscribe to? I have Ipsy, Birchbox, and I just signed up for Julep for a $0.01 box, but my plan is to cancel after I get that first box. I think I have enough subs for now, but I want to know if I'm missing out on something great! I've been looking at craft/DIY subs too, but I haven't commited to one yet haha

I have BB, Ipsy, Julep (I skip most months but keep it for the maven discount, mystery boxes, etc.) and Beauty Army (haven't skipped yet but probably will after this month, especially since the products seem super repetitive and I think I've gotten everything I wanted to try for now). I think I may use some of my Christmas money and get the spring QVC NBTT too. 

I have BB, Ipsy, and Love WIth Food (LWF).  I did Beauty Army 1 month - skipped 2 months because I didn't like any of the samples they were offering and then cancelled.  

BB - okay - some of the stuff I get I like (I really really hope they step up their game)

Ipsy - I have gotten 3 bags so far - and I love all the fun makeup stuff they send.

LWF - Have gotten better every month (I've gotten 3 or 4 boxes so far - they have all been awesome - but each box seems to get even better) I love that they help donate a meal to a hungry child and I love foodie stuff.  

Was thinking about trying Julep - but I have so many darn nail polishes right now and I'm trying to save money.  It doesn't help that I go on Cherry Culture and Ulta and get great deals on makeup! 

January will be my second bag this from ipsy. I must admit I am a sub addict. Subbed to ipsy, beauty box 5, all natural face, Karas way, and beauty army for this month. Next month I am adding sample society and goodebox ugh someone help me! All in all I'm sticking with ipsy for sure.

I currently have New Beauty Test Tube, Glossybox, Birchbox, and Ipsy. I'm thinking of canceling Glossy and getting a second Birchbox.

So far I only have Birchbox (Jan will be my 7th month) and Ipsy (Jan will be my 4th month). I did Julep for the  $0.01 promo...planned on cancelling afterward. I called them (the only way apparently. AH human contact!!
mad.gif
  ), canceled, but then they billed me anyway for the 2nd month + shipped me my next box. It was such a hassle to return (I had to pay shipping AND some extra processing fee) so I was like "screw it, I'll just keep it..." and then had to call them again to tell them, "Seriously, cancel my subscription!!"  :-/

Of all the subscriptions, I'm finding Ipsy to be my favorite. I love the cute bags, and I've either liked or loved every product I've received so far...AND considering the size of each item, I feel like it's SUCH a great value. I can't say the same for Birchbox, in terms of the samples they give you. But, gotta love their rewards program. I just cashed in a bunch of my points + a 20% off promo code, and got a stila eyeshadow palette for only $1.20.
smiletongue.gif

The only other sub service I'm considering right now is New Beauty Test Tube, but I want to use up some more of my current stash before adding on, lol

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does everyone here subscribe to? I have Ipsy, Birchbox, and I just signed up for Julep for a $0.01 box, but my plan is to cancel after I get that first box. I think I have enough subs for now, but I want to know if I'm missing out on something great! I've been looking at craft/DIY subs too, but I haven't commited to one yet haha

haha I said that too about Julep. Oh I'll cancel after my penny box. Nope. Kept going for 2 more boxes. But I am skipping January! 

I need to cut down on my subs. Julep, Birchbox, Ipsy, & Popsugar. I signed up for Glossybox for 1 month & then cancelled.

So when do they start with the hints for next month, Im debating if I want to just do the wait and see thing or cheat lol

So has anyone just waited to see hints before getting the box?? I like this sub but I feel like its the same stuff every month but in different colors- I need more variety- it's the spice of life after all!! Anyways, the boxes are totally worth $10 but I was thinking I need a break unless its an amazing box.

So when do they start with the hints for next month, Im debating if I want to just do the wait and see thing or cheat lol
lol everytime I try not to peek I always peek.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently I'm only subbed to Ipsy. I subbed in time for the April bag, then cancelled... then resubbed for the July bag and have been subbed ever since. I've loved every bag I've gotten from Ipsy and it has been my "cinderella slipper" when it comes to subs
cloud9.gif
. I had BB but wasn't really getting anything I liked or used, and couldn't justify continuing to pay $10.00 a month for it. I had GB but that was just rather pricey and I had too many bad experiences. I tried Beauty Army and Sample Society but cancelled both because I just wasn't feeling those.  Myglam was my very first sub and when I resubbed,  I saw no reason to cancel again. Instead, I cancelled everything else, lol! I can't wait to see what 2013 holds and can't wait for some sneak peeks!
11.gif

Latest posts

Back