Natural Skin Care Or At Least Paraben Free

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I LOVE my Japanese and Asian skin care products. But the more research I do on parabens and such, the more I want to switch over to paraben-free products and to more natural ingredient based products. I will probably keep my routine the same and use the Asian techniques and such, but begin to switch the products over. So here is what I am looking for:

1. A cleansing oil (for removing make-up)

2. A foaming cleanser

3. A moisturizing/hydrating toner (not one that is drying as most are) or at least a non-drying one with no alcohol

4. Possibly an eye cream or gel, maybe one that will help with minor under eye circles/puffiness, but definitely something protective

5. A moisturizer for combination skin, I have been using a mattifying one and I would love to find one similar in a natural line, but something for normal to mild combination skin would be okay. Cannot have any spf to it as I have allergies.

6. Possibly a night cream/moisturizer as well.

I am looking into the Alba Botanica and Alaffia. So far the Alaffia is the only one I have found that carries a toner that has reviews that it is not drying and is at least mildly moisturizing.

I am also looking for products that average about $15 each or less. Obviously a bit more would be fine and I would be willing to pay even a bit more for Asian (Japanese, Korean, etc) products.

Maybe you could look at iherb.com? I have brands in mind but they're all european and i'm not sure they're very available online.

You can look at the Say Yes line - I've used their products before and enjoyed them. The Alba line you mentioned is also great too. I currently use Bona Clara (I especially love their cleanser) - https://www.bonaclara.com/ - but they are a bit more expensive that what you had mentioned above. I moved to more naturally based products a few years ago, and I have to say that the different brands play well together so you can mix and match and find what works best. 

I also think a lot of brands are moving to paraben-free, which opens up the door for experimentation! Good luck!

I actually started using the Yes to Cucumbers facial towelettes and the SPF 30 Moisturizer which is great! Thankfully it has the SPF ingredients I can use ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dekilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually started using the Yes to Cucumbers facial towelettes and the SPF 30 Moisturizer which is great! Thankfully it has the SPF ingredients I can use ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's awesome! I used those facial towelettes as well and really loved them. Right now I use the philosophy purity ones because I got them as a Christmas present - also paraben free and also a great product!

Check out Aubrey Organics, they make really great products for any type of skin concern and they're all affordable: http://www.aubrey-organics.com/Category/127_1/Combination_Oily_Skin.aspx

You can also request some free samples and a catalog from them by using the contact form on their website: http://www.aubrey-organics.com/contact.aspx

Here's a pile they sent me! By the way, that Vegecol moisturizer for sensitive skin worked quite well for my combo skin so you should ask for that sample as well. It kinda smells like tea and lemons :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back