Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yousoldtheworld

Michaela
Reaction score
According to the email Glossybox just sent out this morning, this will indeed be a collaboration with man repeller (a popular fashion blogger).

The theme will be "The Winter Survival Kit" and it will be in a cute silver box.   It says the curator will be including her favorite products and secret essentials to her low maintenance, fashion forward beauty routine.

I'm excited! What is everyone hoping to see in this box?

I would love a great facial moisturizer, maybe a brightening eye cream, a really good and truly hydrating lip balm (NOT gloss)...anything really hydrating is what I need for winter (heat kills my skin and lips, ugh).

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm excited! What is everyone hoping to see in this box?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something Bumble&Bumble. Hair mask maybe? My hair could sure use some help right now. 

I gifted myself a box for January with the $15 deal. I am not sure if that will be this box or not? It looks like you have to send in your email to request to get the maneater box....

Originally Posted by birchhughes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gifted myself a box for January with the $15 deal. I am not sure if that will be this box or not? It looks like you have to send in your email to request to get the maneater box....
Nope, all boxes in January will be the man repeller, you'll get it!

I'm actually quite excited for the Man Repeller box - it'll be fun to see what types of low-maintenance/fashion forward products (per the email GB sent) are featured. I like the idea of both of those themes!

I would love to see a body butter and/or hand cream.  I had a *phenomenally* bad experience with a new night cream over the weekend (the phrase "allergic contact eczema" was Googled.  Fortunately, it turns out Walgreen's version of Cetaphil treats it nicely for me), so I'm really gunshy about trying a new facial cream, but my legs and hands go past the normal year-round super dry and shift into freakishly dry this time of year, complete with cracking and bleeding on the backs of my hands.  I definitely do *not* want another hair styling product.  I hate that crap.  I only use hair serums because my hair does just fine when I skip conditioner and use serum after a shower (I'm lazy, and rinsing out conditioner uses a ton of water).  

This is probably going to be my last box, though.  The past few boxes I received have been huge fails, and it's just not worth crappy boxes and horrific CS to stick around for the rare fantastic boxes.  Now that I think about it, even when they do send out a great box with makeup items, I don't get colors that work for me, so even the great boxes don't actually end up being remotely decent for me.  I'll cash in my points on Tuesday (just in case they claim that they're sending another December box because I redeemed in December), see how the box is, and probably cancel as soon as I get my hands on it.

I would LOVE a hand cream...I know a lot of girls just got one last month, but I didn't get it and I'm sad about that. I work in healthcare, I wash my hands a billion times a day so a good hand cream is a must. It'll be my last box too, and I hope it's a good one.

The Body Shop Hemp hand lotion is the best hand lotion I have ever used. Even nurses like it once they use it. It is pricey but if you get on their email they have deal soften and on April 20 they usually have a huge one day sale.

The Body Shop Hemp hand lotion is the best hand lotion I have ever used. Even nurses like it once they use it. It is pricey but if you get on their email they have deal soften and on April 20 they usually have a huge one day sale.
I noticed that comes in a tube like L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. (my current favorite)  I may have to try it out. I love lotions and hand creams.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed that comes in a tube like L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. (my current favorite)  I may have to try it out. I love lotions and hand creams.

You will love it. Hey....I am in MD too, but wayyyy north in the Baltimore area.

This should be a VERY interesting month with the GB and MR collaboration.

Did you see this "teaser" they sent out?

art_resource.php

I am looking forward to it!

Believe it or not, I've never tried the L'occitane hand cream, either! So I'd be ecstatic to get that in the box. I will have to check out the body shop's hand cream! I have been using Bath & Body Works shea cashmere for a couple of years and the Neutrogena one I got from BzzAgent lately, but I always need more.

I'm also agreeing with Meaganola that a body butter would be great for aw inter survival kit.

I would for sure say a super hydrating lip balm.

Or even a hydrating lip gloss. (clear or neutral shade)

Leandra (the Man Repeller) doesn't wear much make up but likes her gloss (basically because men hate it!)

My guess would be CO Bigelow's Mentha lip gloss.

(I love that product btw! It hydrates lips, adds super gloss and freshens breath if you eat it:))

I can also see some kind of eye cream in the box, since she is notorious to complain about "bags" under her eyes. Or maybe they will make it fun and include a eye mask. You know the kind you have to keep in the freezer?

Also maybe not a body butter since they gave us that Shea Souffle stuff two months ago, but possibly a "Dry Body Oil"?

Dry Oil's are pretty hot right now.

I've been getting into body oils recently and they are so hydrating and super silkening, without being greasy. Nuxe makes a great one!

BTW, I started a GB January thread before I realized this one already existed.

If anyone knows how I can delete it, let me know!

A lot of us didn't get the body butter though, so I 'd still love one! I did however get body oils two months (Basq and that jasmine one), so I am well stocked on that...like them, but don't need another.

Definitely would love any good eye product, I have genetic dark circles and they drive me mad.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This should be a VERY interesting month with the GB and MR collaboration.

Did you see this "teaser" they sent out?

art_resource.php

I am looking forward to it!
Moved your post over and deleted the other thread.
smile.gif

You will love it. Hey....I am in MD too, but wayyyy north in the Baltimore area.
I am right near the VA boarder near DC. Love to go to Baltimore once in awhile. I bought some of the hand cream! I went to the site and looks like most everything is 50% 0ff. So only $10 bucks for a tube instead of $20. I couldn't stop at just the hand cream either!  Banana shampoo and a few other things was just too intriguing.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Believe it or not, I've never tried the L'occitane hand cream, either! So I'd be ecstatic to get that in the box. I will have to check out the body shop's hand cream! I have been using Bath & Body Works shea cashmere for a couple of years and the Neutrogena one I got from BzzAgent lately, but I always need more.

I'm also agreeing with Meaganola that a body butter would be great for aw inter survival kit.
I got the L'occitane in my sample society box in November. I HAD to have the full size. Pricey but wonderful stuff.

I love that I have found some really great products that I want to buy in the sub boxes. It is the whole reason I get them.

Oooh I'm a big fan of the Man Repeller and I've been toying with signing up for Glossy box for a while. I'll have to check it out when I get home! Hope it isn't too late!

When I signed up for the L'Occitane e-mail they sent me a coupon for a free hand cream!  Seems they run sales a lot, too.  BTW they have an outlet in Orlando!

Originally Posted by windermerwmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I signed up for the L'Occitane e-mail they sent me a coupon for a free hand cream!  Seems they run sales a lot, too.  BTW they have an outlet in Orlando!
Nice, I did not know about the email sign up. I just added myself. I would get in so much trouble in Orlando with all the outlet stores. We go every couple of years to do the Disney rounds with the kids.

Latest posts

Back