Sign in to follow this  
yousoldtheworld

Glossybox January 2013

I wore the Primer last week( I wash my hair once a week) on Tuesday night I applied oil to my hair like I usually do and I washed it today. When I let my hair down, even after applying oil, it still looked clean :) I like this stuff :o

I wore the Primer last week( I wash my hair once a week) on Tuesday night I applied oil to my hair like I usually do and I washed it today. When I let my hair down, even after applying oil, it still looked clean :) I like this stuff :o
I like it too! I'm so sad I didn't get a double box lol I wash mine every other day but the last two times I have used the primer and was able to go three days (I could have done four if I pulled it back but I wanted my hair down for today). Today after I washed it I just applied to just my bang/crown.. That's the reason I do every 2 days.. We'll see how it goes :) pretty sure I will be buying it again!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

:o that's awesome, how long ago did you contact them?

I emailed them on Febuary 5th.

I tried the Potion 9 stuff yesterday and got so many compliments on my hair! (I also dyed it, but nobody complimented that, though I suppose my hair could look so nice due to the dye/conditioner). So far 2/2 (the other like being the tarte lip stuff in natural beauty). Up next to try will be the nail polish, though it looks like the tokidoki nail polish in the bottle.. I won't be using the mascara for a while because I have at least a dozen mini mascaras that are unused (and 3 minis, a full, and 2 colored mascaras that have been used that I should use up). I don't know about the Fresh serum either.

I won't be using the mascara for a while because I have at least a dozen mini mascaras that are unused (and 3 minis, a full, and 2 colored mascaras that have been used that I should use up). I don't know about the Fresh serum either.
So much mascara from subs! I swapped what I thought was everything I had received so far before this box, and I dug around last night for any stragglers to rehome with a coworker since I did receive two more with this box but don't wear mascara at all. Result: Eight tubes. And that's just what I have on hand right now and not including what I have on the way in other subs (ipsy is still making its way to me, and I have a Birchbox that hasn't even shipped yet, so I don't know what's in that).

I'm finishing up my sample of the Metier de Beaute cream, and was wondering whether any of you beauty gurus knew of something with a similar texture, but at a more realistic price point? I love that it's heavy enough to be soothing for my dehydrated combo skin (perfect for winter!), but at the same time not heavy enough to break me out or feel like too much, even under makeup. I'm kind of dreading going back to my old moisturizer after the sample is finished...

I recently bought a $12 trial size Benefit skincare set from Birchbox that included an exfoliating polish, day cream, and a thick moisturizer for night. The night cream seems similar in consistency and really rich and moisturizing but I've only used it once so not sure if it will cause a breakout. I LOVE the Le Metier but definitely will not pay that much for the full size. Hopefully this Benefit stuff will work. I also got a Shea Terra regenerating face cream it smells like roses and same consistency as Le Metier and works great without breaking me out. I have combination skin with a super dry T zone so I'm always looking for a good lotion for my face.

I'm finishing up my sample of the Metier de Beaute cream, and was wondering whether any of you beauty gurus knew of something with a similar texture, but at a more realistic price point? I love that it's heavy enough to be soothing for my dehydrated combo skin (perfect for winter!), but at the same time not heavy enough to break me out or feel like too much, even under makeup. I'm kind of dreading going back to my old moisturizer after the sample is finished...

Originally Posted by cranraspberry  View Post

I have two more Metier samples I need to put up for trade eventually - but that's not why I'm replying!   

I got the Skin and Co Roma truffle serum a few Glossyboxes ago and then got their Face Velvet Tuber Lotion in the sample pack they sent out.  I LOVE the stuff.  I ordered the full size version, it should be arriving to me today.  

There's no SPF in it and it's $49 for 1.69 oz.       I've been using it for over a week and I really like it (okay, so far I love it!)    I have super dry skin in the winter and, for me, this was comparable to the Metier.

ETA the link - http://skinandcoroma.com/index.php/face/face/moisturizers/face-tuber-lotion.html

Originally Posted by cranraspberry View Post

I don't know why anyone would want to spend $200+ on this.  It's no better than any drug store brand.  I have extremely dry skin and it did absolutely nothing for me beyond the immediate 10 minutes.  

For the kind of money they want for it, I expect a whole lot of moisturising going on.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

I actually really like the different size glitter in the purple OPI shade, but I definitely am not a fan of the stars in the red. It's cute, but it doesn't suit my more conservative style.

i just bought two pixie dust shades -- I got London and Godiva for my at-home manicures and two non-pixie dust shades to take to the salon for pedis. <3 Zoya! Thank you for leading me to them!

I got the liquid sand minis and no stars in the red. I thought I wouldnt like the red color but it looks great especially in pictures.

Just thought I'd let you all know.. I contacted Glossybox about not receiving the extra lipstick/gloss from the "LIPS" promo & they mailed it to me right away. I got it Thursday & really love it. I had already canceled my monthly membership & don't think I'll be re-subbing for now. I liked the products, but they have a few things they need to work on. Their customer service is pretty bad.. I had to "fake" the subject of my email about the lipstick. I had emailed them already & didn't get a response, but I used the subject line "signing up" the second time & got a response within hours..

Originally Posted by lolitam View Post

I have two more Metier samples I need to put up for trade eventually - but that's not why I'm replying!   

I got the Skin and Co Roma truffle serum a few Glossyboxes ago and then got their Face Velvet Tuber Lotion in the sample pack they sent out.  I LOVE the stuff.  I ordered the full size version, it should be arriving to me today.  

Ooh, I got that sampler too, but haven't tried anything yet! I actually kind of forgot all about it. I will certainly give it a try - too bad about the lack of spf, but then again considering I spend most of the daylight hours sitting in an office, it really shouldn't make too much of a difference. 

Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

I recently bought a $12 trial size Benefit skincare set from Birchbox that included an exfoliating polish, day cream, and a thick moisturizer for night. The night cream seems similar in consistency and really rich and moisturizing but I've only used it once so not sure if it will cause a breakout. I LOVE the Le Metier but definitely will not pay that much for the full size. Hopefully this Benefit stuff will work. I also got a Shea Terra regenerating face cream it smells like roses and same consistency as Le Metier and works great without breaking me out. I have combination skin with a super dry T zone so I'm always looking for a good lotion for my face.

Thanks for sharing! Do you use it strictly as a night cream? I'm actually pretty happy with my current night cream (YonKa Creme 28), so I've been using the Metier only as a day cream. I'll have to take a look at Benefit and the Shea Terra - haven't tried anything of theirs!

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post

I don't know why anyone would want to spend $200+ on this.  It's no better than any drug store brand.  I have extremely dry skin and it did absolutely nothing for me beyond the immediate 10 minutes.  

It's all pretty individual - what does wonders for one will do nothing for another. I personally really like what it's doing for my skin, and I'm pretty picky + my skin is sensitive and complicated. Too much nutrition and it breaks out and becomes super oily, too little and it flakes like crazy. The Metier does a really good job of balancing between the two extremes. 

Ooh, I got that sampler too, but haven't tried anything yet! I actually kind of forgot all about it. I will certainly give it a try - too bad about the lack of spf, but then again considering I spend most of the daylight hours sitting in an office, it really shouldn't make too much of a difference. 

Thanks for sharing! Do you use it strictly as a night cream? I'm actually pretty happy with my current night cream (YonKa Creme 28), so I've been using the Metier only as a day cream. I'll have to take a look at Benefit and the Shea Terra - haven't tried anything of theirs!

It's all pretty individual - what does wonders for one will do nothing for another. I personally really like what it's doing for my skin, and I'm pretty picky + my skin is sensitive and complicated. Too much nutrition and it breaks out and becomes super oily, too little and it flakes like crazy. The Metier does a really good job of balancing between the two extremes. 

I haven't used my Metier packet yet, but as far as hydration goes - I think AmorePacific is amazing!  It's pricey stuff, too - but not as pricey as the Metier.  I tend to buy the starter kits of the Amore. A little goes a long way with that stuff so they can last awhile.

Sephora has a $65 starter kit that is worth every penny, although not all Sephoras will carry the AmorePacific line.

EDITTED: I don't use it every day since it's also a more pricey line.  But when I need a little boost, this is my go-to.  Daily I use Murad or Vichy (my ol' reliables) or whatever samples I want/need to use up.

I just got my mail that was delivered yesterday and I had a bubble mailer from Glossybox. In it was a very pretty pinky nude ModelCo lipstick/gloss combo. I don't know why I received it, but then again I also don't know why I received two Glossyboxes when I only ordered one. I LOVE THIS new lippie as I'm a nude lipstick gal and I've collected about a dozen red lippies over the past several months with all my subs. It seems either Glossybox CS either totally sucks the big one or is so unorganized they're sending multiple boxes at random. A nice middle ground of just doing a competent job would be refreshing!

Originally Posted by LAtPoly View Post

I'm in love with both the OPI and Zoya textured polishes!!  They apply so easy, they wear extremely well, and so pretty.  And WAY easier to remove than glitter: hold over the nail for 5-10 seconds and it slides off.  I want to get the mini set of OPIs and the rest of the Pixie Dusts now.

-L

I love Zoya's colours but I hate hate hate their brushes so much I never buy them.  For a higher end nail polish company, you'd think they would work on a better brush.

I just got my mail that was delivered yesterday and I had a bubble mailer from Glossybox. In it was a very pretty pinky nude ModelCo lipstick/gloss combo. I don't know why I received it, but then again I also don't know why I received two Glossyboxes when I only ordered one. I LOVE THIS new lippie as I'm a nude lipstick gal and I've collected about a dozen red lippies over the past several months with all my subs. It seems either Glossybox CS either totally sucks the big one or is so unorganized they're sending multiple boxes at random. A nice middle ground of just doing a competent job would be refreshing!
I got it too from using the code LIPS, at first I thought it was way too dark for me cuz it looked brown and I don't wear brown, but it's a gorgeous nude. I have too many pinks and reds, so a nice nude is a good change ^^

I got the same ModelCo combo, and I am seriously in love with the gloss. At first I was a bit apprehensive (artificial strawberry scent doesn't really scream "high-end cosmetics" to me), but it turned out to be delightful - not sticky, moisturizing, long lasting... I wear it over almost all of my lipsticks and want to get a full-size gloss! The lipstick was a tad brown for me though, so it's not getting much use. 

I got the same ModelCo combo, and I am seriously in love with the gloss. At first I was a bit apprehensive (artificial strawberry scent doesn't really scream "high-end cosmetics" to me), but it turned out to be delightful - not sticky, moisturizing, long lasting... I wear it over almost all of my lipsticks and want to get a full-size gloss! The lipstick was a tad brown for me though, so it's not getting much use. 

Mhm the gloss is super cool! Well, if you apply a tiny bit of the lipstick, it doesn't show super brown, just nude :)

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post

I love Zoya's colours but I hate hate hate their brushes so much I never buy them.  For a higher end nail polish company, you'd think they would work on a better brush.

Different strokes for different folks.  I prefer Zoyas brush over OPI.  ;). I like dainty brushes.  I can work with opi but like Zoyas the best.

Hate Essie's brush.

i am however disappointed in the Lovely collections purple shade, Julie.  Not a good formula but pretty when it finally dries.  Now I'm dreading using Neely (the green).