Anyone still use cheap/drugstore brand skincare?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With all the expensive name brand products on the market, are there any of the original drugstore brands you think actually work better than the big name stuff? Even though I use Estee Lauder and Clinique, I cant live without Avon Clinical and AlphaHydrox Enhanced Lotion- I use them every day. In fact, without the cheapie stuff I'd break out all the time. What about the rest of you?

Maybe that is my problem...I get breakouts all the time and I use department store brands only...I think I need to get Avon Clinical and give it a try

Originally Posted by bluepisces With all the expensive name brand products on the market, are there any of the original drugstore brands you think actually work better than the big name stuff? Even though I use Estee Lauder and Clinique, I cant live without Avon Clinical and AlphaHydrox Enhanced Lotion- I use them every day. In fact, without the cheapie stuff I'd break out all the time. What about the rest of you? I can't use the dept store brands - they can break me out - I stick to Fanie Intl. but also use Neutrogena sunscreen, Lubriderm body lotion - this is new - read that plastic surgeons tell facelift clients to use Crisco on their skin afterwards - I went to Wholefoods Market & found an organic 'crisco' for $3.99 & it works great on face & body - tried it when weather in Houston got real cold & inside got real dry with heaters on & my skin dried out. Mix it with a bit of glycerin & rose water to thin & it melts in your hands, absorbs & isn't greasy after about 5 minutes.

I use mainly drugstore skincare, but it works well for me
smile.gif

I use drugstore cleansers only, and some of my faves are Purpose Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser, Equate Gentle Skin Cleanser, and OoO Daily Renewal Cleanser.

I haven't found a drugstore toner that I really love yet.

For moisturizers, I love Purpose Intensive Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 and SK Intense Dose Face Cream.

And I also use just drugstore eye creams. At the moment, it's SK Hydro Firm Eye Cream which I love.
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back