Lip Gloss Tips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here! My name's Doug!

I just started wearing lip gloss regularly and I was wondering if anyone had any tips?

Most importantly, how do you all eat with lip gloss on? (Trying not to eat too much of the makeup, hahaha!)

Anyways, thanks! I'm looking forward to the conversation!!

I just eat the same way I always eat. It doesn't bother me at all. Maybe some people wipe it off or whatever but not me.

If mine is super sticky I will dab it with a napkin before I eat. You can opt to wear a more smudge proof lipstick or lip stain to avoid eating it.

Eat as usual and reapply! For normal wear, I will usually dab a bit on with my finger or the wand if it's super sticky. I like the sheen of gloss, but don't want my lips to feel glued shut lol.

Just like some people have already mentioned, just dab your lips a little before you eat, that's what I do whenever I sometimes wear lip gloss.

I dont use gloss yet, i just use lip balm. Also another question poped up - How can one kiss wearing lipstick and lip gloss :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Lips do look super sexy but still ?? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you're having issues with lip color moving or transferring, try something with a longer wear like the Mac Pro Longwear line or Face Atelier's Lip Lock. Lip Lock is an amazing product and I use it all the time on queens and brides alike! As for gloss, since it doesn't actually dry or set there's always going to be transfer. Just dab if off before you eat and then reapply!

I just eat as usual and touch it up as necessary. Sometimes if I am wearing a thicker gloss I will wipe it off first (I carry make-up wipes in my purse), usually before I go into the restaurant.

As far as kissing... some glosses and lipsticks transfer more than others. I only kiss my boyfriend, and he is pretty good at just dealing with it. I let him know if I see any transfer, half the time he just leaves it.

I eat as usual... You can also buy lipsticks/glosses which dry so you can't smear it

Hi, As everybody says, there´s is no problem about eating, because I eat as usual too. Actually, sometimes i eat my lips gloss because it tastes delicious! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a lipstick of the same color of my lipgloss and apply it only in the middle of the lip, up and down, to make them look fuller. 

Dear women and girls

As God's children we should not wear lipstick or lipgloss. God likes use without make. So give your life to God

Thanks

Kayla Stevens

There are so many recipes to make clear lip gloss at home.

1. The easiest I say is using plain tocopherol T50 vitamin E oil in a roll on bottle. It was works wonders. Apart from glossy lips it heals dry chapped lips.
  2. A cheaper version of the gloss is castor oil. Castor oil is thick and glossy. A little of beeswax or/and shea butter too can be added.
A recipe with castor oil, shea butter and castor oil.

Castor oil 8 grams

Shea butter 1 gram

Beeswax 1 gram.

I know it is quite difficult to make with such small measurements. Can multiply with 3 or 5 and you get 3 or 5 lip gloss roll on.

Take all the three ingredients in a microwave save bowl, heat in short span of 5 seconds till everything is melted.

Add flavour oil. (A lip safe flavour oil can be added for some fragrance and taste. Just a drop or two is more than enough for each roll on bottle.)

Let it cool.

Fill in roll on bottles or tubes or just any smallest container you have.

Just posted a compilation of THE BEST reviews for the affordable E.L.F Cosmetics *NEW* Jelly Pop lip glosses. They're getting pretty great reviews! Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn2ildkl8A8&t=95s

It's a new channel but I'll be posting loads of videos in the next few days/weeks

Leave a comment in the comments section of the Youtube video so I know its you and I'll shout you out  :)

-Sarah

Have you been struggling with dry and dark lips? Do you constantly look for tips on how to get pink lips naturally? We totally get it. Pigmented lips could be due to many reasons but there's no reason your lips should stay that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too, just wiping it before eating.

In fact, scientists have recognized that women have more than 1 kg of lipstick in their lives) hee hee)

Latest posts

Back